Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish
Camera FinishCamera FinishCamera Finish

4.1

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

on 12/15/2003 11:10:00 PM

This is a great product and I carry this with me during the day to touch up. It leaves a very clean, matte finish and is perfect to dull down those darker summer foundations during the winter. It really does give a camera finish. I use 5B and have dark, oily/combo skin.

on 9/26/2005 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

It settles fine and provides a matt finish. I was intrigued by the product at first but after a while I think I got bored of the packaging. Now on a hunt for other pressed powders

on 8/14/2006 11:21:00 PM

I really love this powder. I use it over the top of Revlon Colourstay foundation - for oily-combo skin. I use it in the morning to set my makeup on my T-zone then touch up once at lunchtime. It really is true to its name. Gives you a flawless camera finish. Hides any imperfections beautifully. Can be used alone as a foundation for a natural look.
I have it in 'Look 1'. I have fair, yellow-based skin.
I'm onto my 2nd compact. I've tried many powders, but nothing seems to be as good as this.
Update - I've decided this makes me look too done-up! Will not repurchase. Have discovered the amazing T.LeClerc in banane!!

on 12/15/2006 2:28:00 AM

I'm really amazed by the result. I think Napolean Camera Finish is probably the best powder I've ever used - and I've experienced lots of powder foundations, including Dior, Guerlain, Clinique, Chanel, MAC, Shiseido, SK-2, Lancome, and YSL. I have clear, very fine, combination to dry skin and always prefer powder foundation to liquid. Finding the perfect powder can be really tricky for me: if it's not matte enough, it wears off on my t-zone too fast; if it's too matte, the t-zone stays fine but dry patches on my cheeks would be accentuated and my face would just look plain powdery. Camera Finish seems to be the solution since it really lasts on my t-zone and doesn't make my dry areas powdery. It's light like a pressed powder but has lots of pigment so the coverage is good without looking heavy. The powder is also finely milled, blends into the skin nicely, and really gives natural looking, flawless skin. This comes in a simple black compact with sponge at side, not a small case like Dior or MAC, but smaller than Chanel and Guerlain cases and much thinner so it fits into any makeup bag or purse easily. What more can you ask for?

on 4/4/2007 3:01:00 PM

This powder is OK. I only got this b/c they were out ot my colour in the foundation stick. I wouldn't say that it conceals, cover and sets. It does some covering and does set makeup (well it's a powder and most powders will "set" your makeup). Conceals? Not really, you wouldn't be able to use this in replacement of your concealer. I would say this is light coverage at most. I keep this in my purse for touchs or when my face get a little too oily. I have dry/combo skin. Price is ridiculous for a mediocre product! $43CDN. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Packaging sucks. The case is wide, ugly and cheap/plasticky. Lucky the powder inside is pretty decent. It covers well and doesn't accentuate flakes, however I bought the lightest shade that they carry, but it looks a bit dirty on my pale skin. ugh. Also, Chanel powder foundations are still superior, so i will go back to them.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the first makeup I've ever spent serious money on, and boy am I glad I did. It's the first foundation that's matched my skintone to a t, & makes my problem skin looks gorgeous & naturally glowy in photos.

on 1/18/2008 8:48:00 PM

I loved this powder when I first got it...but after about a month, it oxidized A LOT in the case(which has never happened to me with any other pressed powder and the color no longer matched me. For the cost of this product, I expected better. Ended up just throwing it out. Will stick to my MAC Studio fix. Will not buy again

i relli do love this. i dust it over my minimal makeup foundation from napoleon to set it. and it always makes my skin looks so flawless. the dewiness of the minimal makeup and the coverage this powder gives. oh so perfect X) i love it. doesnt look heavy at all. and you relli dont need much. definitely buy it again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Wow! That's the word that comes to mind when attempting to describe this unbelievable powder. I feel like such an idiot because it took me this long to realize that what I really needed all along to set my foundation, was a truly beautiful finely milled foundation powder (not just an ordinary setting powder). I see so many different powder reviews from women complaining that the coverage wasn't enough or that it was too sheer (I was one of those and feel like a dunce knowing what I know now). I guess we get it into our heads that a foundation powder will be too much or too heavy, but actually it's perfect for our needs when we demand more coverage and staying power.

In that vein, I have tried several lately. All of them were better than ordinary powders so at least I knew I was finally going in the right direction. Some can be a tad heavy and some were not truly my color, so I was still on the prowl so to speak. I saw the reviews on this and thought it sounded perfect. Sephora is phasing this line out so they are currently having a major half price off sale (this powder is marked down from $40.00 to $20.00 right now)! I could not resist so I bought this in B2 which is their fair color (though I found out yesterday that the palest color is actually look 1 however they were sold out at Sephora). I am as pale as they come (think Nicole Kidman/Anne Hathaway) and super oily. I got this a couple of days ago and happened to be home without any make up on. I decided to pat some on just to get an idea of what it would it look like over my foundation. I am so used to patting on powders without any foundation on and getting a nice matte look but not much more that this. What I did not expect is to see every imperfection and blemish disappear completely with my face looking softer and more natural than I have ever seen it period! OMG! I have never seen a powder do this ever. I didn't even put that much on and it covered everything on my face and made me look so flawless! It looks a little dark in the pan which spooked me because I am so pale that most things look like mud on me, but the B2 was so natural looking! No demarcation line or anything (though I do now want to also get this in look 1 because I like to actually enhance my paleness).

I've been wearing this now for a day or two over my foundation and everyone asked me what I did different! My best friend demanded to know what I was wearing because she said my skin looked so soft and pretty. I told her so she ran off to Sephora when she got home and grabbed one in her color. It is also wonderful for oily skin as it has helped to keep my skin much drier during the day. It has a softening effect that I have never seen in any powder. I can see why they call this Camera Finish and suggest it for photos. I found a few articles online and they said that many celebrities use this at photo shoots and have relied on this powder for a long time (I guess I am late to the party). I called Napoleon Perdis to ask where I can buy this in the future because I am in love with their powder. The customer service people are so friendly and helpful! The representative I spoke to explained that Napoleon Perdis is launching a new reality show like ANTM in August and that they are the new official make up for the Oscars and Grammy's! She said that they want to streamline and sell only from their own stores so you can always call them and buy this (shipping is next to nothing too). Thank God for MakeUpAlley or I would have never even given this powder a try. This is the mother of all powders. I am very impressed and totally in love!!!