Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.2

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 2/11/2019 6:42:00 AM

I find this perfume very interesting. When I first spray it I can smell a distinct spicy peppery note, then it dries down to a clean almost green floral scent with a little sweetness. To me the floral element smells like the leaves of the flowers more so than the flower itself if that makes sense. The black current comes out after the fragrance has dried down completely and it settles into my skin. I really love this fragrance. For such a clean scent it has pretty good staying power as well. I could still smell it on my skin after 7 hours. I wish they made a bigger bottle than the 1.6 ounce. I can’t find anything larger online. Other than that, it’s a winner.

on 12/6/2013 10:29:00 PM

I like Gucci fragrances a lot. Some of them are not appropriate for wearing inside a more conservative workplace/office. This one is perfect for anytime though. It's quite a 'safe' fragrance but not simple.

This is one of those fragrances you will reach for daily heading out the door because it's so wearable wherever you are going to be. When I have bottles of this, I run them dry. There's numerous fragrances I adore, yet there's less than 10 that I will repeatedly empty bottles of - some because I use them sparingly for occasional use eg Alexander McQueen Kingdom, but others just because there's others I tend towards more. My Gucci bottles always end up used now that I think about it.

I like the heavy glass bottle and the pink perfume, it feels nice held and the 30ml is a good size for a bag. It is a heavy bottle to travel with otherwise.

It's got a whole lot of lovely layers (read other reviews for the notes) and it ends up being something of a clean, crisp, yet warm and slightly spicy, floral with just enough fruit to take the edge off the oriental notes and enough woody notes to take the edge off the lightly sweet notes, enough green to stop it being overly floral. Such a great description from moi just then but really it's a beautiful perfume that most women would like. I generally do not like very sweet, or very fruity fragrances and generally gourmand or baby powdery or candy smells make me think teen girl domain. This has just enough of each to be innocent and pretty without being too girly or tween. It is definitely more of a ladylike fragrance than a rock n roll edgy one, yet as it is with most Gucci perfumes, your personality gets to shine through, so wear what you like and be who you are and enjoy it.
This would be a safe gift to give girls, ladies, women of almost any age. It's one I find I'm happy wearing summer or winter, for me fragrance should bring joy when worn and make you feel happy and beautiful. Yes there'd are some clearly winter or summer fragrances, but this one can be worn year round.

on 5/22/2013 6:59:00 PM

This was the first gift my husband ever bought me. The cedar grounds this sparkling berry scent nicely & keeps it from going into teen girl scent territory. I couldn't figure out for a long time what the grounding note was, but it finally hit me that it's cedar.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Today I received my gucci I ordered a couple so if you see me posting today I'm sorry but let's start about packaging amazing super heavy lol amazing bottle comes with a round top and has a good heavy weight to it spraying on my wrists it kind. Of took me 9times to make the pump Squirt once I got the perfume squirt I smelled orange not artificial orange none of that I smelled orange zest orange practicly then the middle notes appear light faded scent of grapefruit not strong but compliments beautiful with orange and a oak woodsy smell it's amazing different but once it smell and settle for half a hour don't put your nose to close about a inch away you'll smell it all then you no if you love it other than great perfume last long even after I washed my hand

on 8/18/2011 5:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

a spicy, peppery floral...not at all fruity-girlie-pink stuff!!!
Begins with a soft note of orange and black currant (to my nose) with a beautiful kick of jasmine, cedar and pappery blackberry....Heliotrope gives such a comfy sweetness to the composition and makes it very unique and wearable...
due to the atmosphere and olphatctory family it is simmilar to Perles de lalique by Lalique and somewhat Elle by YSL..
longievity is very good, and after a while ,the drydown leaves us with the beautiful combo of blackberry cedar...
great for all occasions:)

on 5/17/2011 9:52:00 AM

This is my No.1 for evening wear! It has a very strong, long staying smell. I always like trying new parfumes, but this one is always in my closet, I repurchase it all the time. Quite expensive, but worth every penny!.

on 3/14/2011 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of the first proper perfumes I ever purchased. I tested it while I was at an airport and thought it smelled nice but nothing special. A few hours later, I caught a whiff of it and it smelled a lot more interesting.
I bought it a few days later and I have not regretted it since. I like how the scent is sweet and fresh but also has a spicy edge to it. The spice makes it different from the other sweet perfumes I notice people wearing. It's a nice, unique everyday scent and if I ever run out, I won't hesitate to repurchase.
EDIT: Forgot to add, I can smell this on my skin all day. Awesome lasting power :)

My aunt gave me this perfume when I was 15 and I fell in love with it and actually probably used too much too quickly and ran out pretty fast. I have been waiting 3 years for my chance to get it again and bought it just a few days ago. still love it- i would describe the smell as spicy, musky, sweet, sharp, and a little bit floral. I also have Gucci Rush II and although I love it- this perfume is my all-time favorite. When you first smell it, it seems a bit odd because it's one-of-a-kind (I have never smelled another perfume like it), but it has a kind of delicious scent that makes you want to smell it more. I would recommend this to anyone.

on 12/19/2010 2:22:00 PM

At the moment this is my favourite expensive perfume cos i'm only in my early twenties and i want to have a young yet sophicated, femimine, fruity fresh smell. I consider it more of a daytime signature smell and its not too girly-its the kinda smell a young fashinable catwalk model would wear. The packaging is beautifully minimalist with its glass paper weight style bottle however it is very heavy, especially if you buy the more economical larger bottles which can only really sit on your dressing table. This is expensive!! But the smell does stay on my clothes for a few days after wearing, so the smell doesn't just disappear! I've been repeatly buying it for about 4 years now, so its my signature smell, but in the next couple of years thinking i'll replace it with Dior Addict!

AAH!! OMG I love this fragrance so much. I tried it on at the dept. store and was still able to smell a trace of it the next morning! It smells great on me. Love it. This is the *only* scent I have ever been complimented on. Seriously.