Gucci Eau de Parfum II

Gucci Eau de Parfum II
Eau de Parfum IIEau de Parfum II

4.1

TOP: Bitter Orange, Black Currant, Cassia, MandarinHEART: Blackberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, VioletBASE: Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk

on 11/4/2003 11:16:00 PM

I can't believe i'm the first to write a review for this scent?! Cool. Well, as a true fan of the first, i couldn't wait to get my hands on this. But waaaaah, i don't really like it. Massive overdose of heliotrope i believe. A sweeping fruityfloral sparkling scent w/ some soapy elements mixed in. Actually, the less sugar and acid i eat, the better this smells on me, and the more the spicier notes come out. But the best part about this perfume is the way it smells when applied on top of EDP I. A great combo, so i'll keep the mini i have to mix w/ one of my favourite perfumes of all time.

I smelled it first previous week.It's not bad,but it isn't so nice,than I expected,unfortunately.I thought it will be very special,light,elegant.I love the simple ,rose packaging,but that's a little bit different from the scent.A fine, average fragance.

on 11/20/2003 9:59:00 PM

For my B-day in early Oct, my BF went to Sephora and asked for the newest thing they had, and this is what I got. MUA didn't have it on its list, and no other retailers had it. I was starting to think I'd have this great scent all to myself. It's not something I would have picked out but I do love it. I like the spicy notes the best, and wish they lingered longer. The bottle is gorgeous.

on 11/22/2003 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was so disappointed with this fragrance. It has to much Blackberry or something. I love the bottle though.

on 11/25/2003 11:23:00 AM

Expected much more.... The first EDP was extremely unique and I thought this would be just as good. It's good but not that special. Smells like something one could get for a lot less money.

on 11/26/2003 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For me, the bitter orange tang makes it smell like something's gone stale. Perhaps that explains why everyone around me also dislikes the top notes. After it dries down into the soft, clean, slightly-powdery floral though, it's good. I would prefer it if they did without the citrus but to each his/her own! Nowadays, I wear it with Dior's Hypnotic Poison and it turns into something along the lines of Lolita Lempicka, creamy and musky powdery-sweet violets, but lighter and without the sugary cherry-licorice note. Still, I doubt I'd repurchase.

on 12/11/2003 12:11:00 PM

Gucci II is an "Floral-oriental", with notes of blackberry, violet, mandarin, jasmin, heliotrope and cedarwood. It's a "butterfly fragrance" - young, mild, playful, but with an acid note that I don't like. It makes me think of a pretty Japanese girl dressed with a T-Shirt "Hello Kitty". 2 lipsticks and 1/2.

on 12/17/2003 5:21:00 PM

The bottle is gorgeous. I thought this would be a less powdery version of the original eau de gucci with fruity notes. It actually smells like like a bad floral bathroom cleanser or airspray.

i don't normally like florals AT ALL, but this is just fruity enough to make it sparkle. i like that i can wear this when i want something more mature and still light and fresh. my friend bought it for me because it's the first scent we have EVER agreed on.

on 12/27/2003 4:56:00 PM

This perfume is gorgeous! The scent is quite strong, sexy distinct and has quite good lasting power. Although I get headaches from strong fragrances quite easily, I have never had a problem with any of the Gucci scents. Because the scent is so strong, I usually only use this at nighttime as my going-out perfume. A big plus goes to the soft pink beautiful bottle!