Costes by Hotel Costes

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.9

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this scent and I am not attracted to woodsy scents at all. I received this in a gift bag from a friend and I have no idea where to purchase it and I don't know how much it costs. At first application it has a heavy cinnamon and spice scent to it. I read a review where someone described it as a chai latte scent. It dries down to what I can only describe as something that reminds me of the woods and ocean. An "aqua woodsy" scent perhaps?I'm not good at describing scents but this is definitely different and definitely unisex--perhaps more on the masculine side and I love that. This is definitely a fall/winter scent and would be overbearing in the summer.

on 2/4/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This along with tam dao are my all time favorite winter scents. It is woodsy and "cinnaminY"- perfect for cold and blustery days. This is not your average scent and is quite costly, but if you like great aromatics, this is great to try!

on 11/12/2007 9:04:00 AM

I am really enjoying this delicious subtle scent. If you enjoy aromatics, this will please. I see it being compared to several incense scents, and yes I can smell a similarity to 10 Corso Como which I love. But Costes is more subtle and smooth than 10CC. The opening is warmer than the drydown but I enjoy the entire ride. This has a comforting "home" smell to it,I would call Costes a "soul scent". I will definitely repurchase and may even buy a back up now!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love Costes! Olivia Giacobetti is a master perfumer! . All of Ms. Giacobetti's fragrances are light, well balanced, almost ethereal; her fragrances can float on gossamer wings or echo subtle nuances of space and time. Costes is no exception. It has everything going for it.. spicey, clean, herbal -- woodsy and just a great unisex fragrance. I can't imagine anyone hating this! It's a cameleon of a scent that could role play any situation albeit.. sexy, clean -- highly chic ... casually elegant. On a man this would be HOT but on the most petite feminine woman a knock out of a fragrance. Basically, as long as it works with your chemistry, Costes can go anywhere you go and be anything you need. It's seasonless- timeless, elegance, sure to become a classic. I would love a full bottle.

on 3/1/2007 10:32:00 PM

Love it on my husband. Reminds me when we stayed at the Costes K in Paris... Is far to masculine for me, even though I like clean, green fragrances.

on 7/19/2006 12:58:00 PM

Ordered a sample of this from Aedes. Really loved the soapy note, but was unsure if it was FBW. Went to NYC this past week and made a stop at Aedes to sniff some scents. DH loved Costes and wanted a bottle for himself. We ordered the spray for him, but I think I will be sneaking into it also. I just love the soapy note in this. It is such a wonderful scent. Love the red bottle too. Just an all around beautiful scent for a man or a woman.

on 5/1/2006 12:45:00 AM

I am wearing a sample of Costes right now (and I am IN LOVE with wood scents).. I am still reeling from my purchase of Silver Rain by the fabulous La Prairie (hated it--too sweet for me) but this I must have!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My skin does not usually get along with pepper (particularly pepper combined with rose) so I always passed by this perfume when selecting samples. Based upon the positive comments by reviewers who seem to have similar skin chemistry/taste as me however, I decided to go for it. And I am *so* glad that I did – because his smells almost EXACTLY like Vinci-Rakos Earth / Tipton Charles Sandalwood on my skin! Tipton Charles was the tiniest bit too sweet and creamy at times, and while I liked the gentleness of Earth, I dislike applying perfume oils. I have been searching high and low for an EDT version…and it is Costes! Costes is a little bit more complex than either of the two, but is still so clean, warm, fresh, soft, gentle, and just a bit woodsy and floral. The incense notes do not come out on me at all, which I am very happy about. I would absolutely buy this again – in fact, I want the matching shower gel, lotion, and candle too!

on 5/13/2005 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this scent, I just got a full bottle and I can see myself actually using it it up. It's so unique. It starts of a little spicy, warm, and woodsy, and turns into a clean soap scent on a background of soft woods. This scent evolves throughout the day, and smells different on different days, for some reason. I normally don't like spicy scents but this one is so addictive and more importantly, wearable. My only complaint is that the bottle comes in a dabber instead of a spray. I can't get enough of this. I can see myself wearing this year round!

on 11/7/2007 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The spicy/cinnamon-y/clove-y opening is my least favorite part of this scent, and luckily for me it only lasts 15 minutes or so. As the spice fades, I am left with just the perfect combination of incense, sandalwood, and musk. I prefer this to Tam Dao, which is too dry and too straight sandalwood (not to mention how fleeting it is) for me. I get decent skin scent lasting power with Costes. I like both this and 10 Corso Como, which I find similar. Inspired by laphenix's comment, I'd agree Costes is the sister to 10 Corso Como, but I'd describe Costes as friendlier and more approachable rather than quieter. (10 Corso Como's musk is much more aggressive on my skin.) And I don't find this scent too masculine at all, but perfectly unisex. Notes include: laurel, lavender, coriander seeds, white pepper, rose, incense, wood, musk.

Popular Fragrances