Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color

Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color
Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair ColorNutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color

3.9

on 8/9/2016 8:17:00 AM

I bought this in the shade blackest black it's one of the new rich black shades , I wish I went with my gut when using this dye and brand , I always use herbal essence number 70 black stilettos which is a discontinued color , but I found it on amazon and it love it , I didn't order it so I decided to try garnier ...it literally fried my hair ! and the color did not last and it's now the weirdest texture and brassy which I never experienced with my holy grail color black stilettos I will never try another hair color , except from the herbal essence line , buyers beware this product is not worth the headaches it will cause to repair the damage :( the color was nice the day I dyed it ..that was it

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It lasts better than any other permanent red, though, and the color after the dark red in the dye washes out is nice too- a natural red highlight color. (My hair is resistant to dye though, so YMMV.) Anyway. Not perfect but the best permanent red out there for me. And smells nice! Not like skunky Clairol crap. And I always get compliments on my hair color with this, and surprisingly even when it's just done and it's a purple black color, I've still had people think it's natural.

To Read all 923 Reviews, Login or Join

A great hair colour. The colour was natural and left my hair soft and shiny. The smell was really nice as well, which is a big bonus!

on 4/5/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good DIY haircolor. It is gentle on my hair, smells good, and does not fade easily. Its between 7 and 10 bucks depending on where you go. The color is true to box picture as well so there are no unpleasant surprises.

on 3/3/2016 1:37:00 PM

An amazing product! I don't have much experience with hair dying and such, but when I got a bayalage highlight done on my hair and turned out horrific, I used this to dye it back to my normal color. It left my hair softer, smoother, and shinier than before I dyed it! I got compliments on how healthy my hair looked. It doesn't wash out quickly like the Loreal Ferria dye either. Its affordable depending on where you get it (Walmart is around 5-6 dollars, Walgreens 7-8 dollars). If I want to change my hair color again, I would definitely use this!

on 3/2/2016 6:32:00 PM

I used this product today. It was light auburn. I knew it would turn out really red seeing as how I had blonde highlights under a color I had applied months ago. But I didn't expect it to be this red. I should have known seeing as how I am a hairdresser. But I was dense. My complaint about this color is I have NEVER used a color that washed out as much as this one has. I washed my hair three times after coloring it and the color was still washing out. After the blow dried my hair my hands were red from the color. I am not sure how long this color will last because it doesn't seem very permanent, but if it does wash out it might be a blessing seeing as how red it is. I will not be using this color again and do not suggest it to anyone, at least not this red or any red from this line.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been using this brand /color for years and never had a problem with it. But, the last 3 times I have used this, my hair feels like gum. When I comb it out when its wet, it stretches like a piece of gum! I have NEVER had any hair color do this. I am naturally a medium-dark brown color, but have been blonde for over 25 years. It takes about a good month before my hair goes back to being semi- normal, but its still very dry. Even using a deep conditioner doesnt help. Stay away from this brand all together if you dont want your hair looking like its fried!!!!

on 1/29/2016 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have naturally level 7 dark-medium blonde hair, and have been coloring it red with henna for the last few years. I recently chopped off 16 inches, and the red just wasn't fitting me anymore. The white chocolate (111) color seemed like it got good reviews for not being brassy, so I tried it out. Henna is notorious for being tricky to remove, and after trying everything, I think I'll give up and let it grow out. I liked that the Garnier Nutrisse was not overly drying, and it took out a lot of the red tones, which I loved. I think it would work better on lighter hair, it lightened me a little bit but left in a lot of orangey tones. With a purple shampoo, it looked better. If you have red hair, I would definitely bleach first.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Shade Reviewed - #50 Medium Natural Brown
Natural Hair Color - Dark Brown
Hair Color (before using Garnier) - Medium warm chestnut brown with highlights
Happy with the results considering what I was working with.
I've been using Clairol Nice & Easy for years in Light Neutral Brown. However, it's not the best at gray coverage. I do have very stubborn grays along my forehead and ears and it seems as though Nice & Easy doesn't grab on to them that well. About a month ago, I wanted something different. Once again, I had thoughts of going lighter with foils at a salon. Every single time I do this is a major regret. No matter how much I spend, they ALWAYS come out brassy. I have never gone back to a salon more than twice after a color job and not because I'm this extremely picky jerk. The reason is that I'm so tired of looking like a big damn tuba head! Even with toners used at the salons, the end results are always very brassy and almost orange. To add insult to injury, the recent colorist that did my full foil job didn't go close enough to the scalp so it looked as though I already had roots showing right after my visit! End result was dark brown roots, medium warm chestnut old dyed faded hair with bright ass brassy tuba highlights all over AND grays showing! What a mess. So I was on a mission to find a boxed dye job to cover it all up. I went with the shade medium natural brown because I wanted to go darker to BE SURE the mess on my head will the covered completely but I feared my hair would turn black. Thankfully, it didn't turn black but it is a lot darker. I love the end results! Everything was covered including my grays. I actually look normal again. The color suits my medium olive skin. Medium Natural Brown does pull red on me though. In the sun, I can see hints of a red tint in it but that could be because everything pulls warm on me and due to the fact that I was covering very warm toned hair. However, indoors, the shade just looks dark brown. For my hair length and thickness, I had to use two boxes and because my hair is coarse with some grays, I left it on for 45 minutes. This hair color did the trick and calmed my nerves. Goodbye tuba head and I swear, this will be the last damn time I ever highlight my hair again.

on 12/27/2015 5:13:00 PM

After getting highlights in the salon for years, I decided to try my hand at dying my hair at home. I have fine, straight, fuzzy-ish hair, and I'm a giant chicken to try anything new. My naturally dark brown hair has started showing lots of gray, and L'Oréal ferria, along with Revlon color silk both faded after about a week and a half. Garnier is so much better for my hair than those other two! It covers gray wonderfully and doesn't fade much at all! I currently have the color dark beige blonde, and my hair is a deep rich darker blonde, that looks amazing. I plan to stick with this brand because both times I ventured away, I've been disappointed.