Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Revlon Red

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Revlon Red

3.4

on 4/29/2013 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Im a huge fan of Revlon lustrous Lipsticks but this particular shade of red looked orange on me.
Such a big let down as the bullet looked like a blue-based red which I aimed to have bought. I was glad to give it away to my grandma which really suited her.

on 1/2/2013 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is THE Retro lipstick for me. My only wish is that it was a little more matte, its luxurious either way. Everything about it sings out retro, the packaging, colour and the smell. I reminds me of one of my mum's awesome Max Factor matte reds when I was a toddler. Even my boyfriend loves the smell. It's so unkissable and irresistible in one, he cant help adoring me when i wear it, seriously! The colour is bright on me, not cool or blue tone at all. I love to wear a pink/coral liner and fill-in the entire lip area, unbelievable. Perfect Vintage Red Lippy

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am generally drawn to red lipsticks with orange undertones, but Revlon Red is a deep blue red with just a tiny hint of orange that looks great on my NC20-25 skin. I think this is a red that would be flattering on many skin tones! Love it!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely LOVE this super bright, cool toned red. The texture is creamy and moisturising, with a slightly shiny finish. But unfortunately I can't wear it because of the disgusting old lipsticky smell and taste =( my friend commented that something smelled like "the toilet", unaware that it was my lipstick. Hopefully one day, Revlon will change the formula to something a bit more pleasant smelling and keep the fantastic shade.

If anyone knows a similar shade in any other brand, please PM me!

A step up from Cherries in the Snow, more red less fushica but still bordering on that pinky/blue red such as Russian Red or Ruby Woo from MAC. Also love the fact that it has a matching nailpolish, makes you feel very 40's glamourous:)

on 2/18/2009 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a vivid blue-red with fuscia undertones. It looks very similar to MAC's Ruby Woo. I tend to wear this instead of Ruby Woo if my lips are a bit chapped or I'm in a hurry, as the creamy formula means it's less drying and a lot easier to put on straight from the tube (I have to apply Ruby Woo with a brush). I think it's a good quality lipstick for the price. The staying power is very good for a cream formula.

on 12/15/2007 5:08:00 AM

This doesn't work on my light olive skin - too blue based. I gave it to a fair skinned blonde who now looks like a 1940's pinup girl when she wears it. I will have to stick to orange or brown based reds.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am surprised that this has not received better overall reviews! Revlon Red is a classic red shade (I would say cool-toned) that really "pops" against my pale skin and gives a very glam, retro look. The formulation is comfortable and fairly moisturising, not drying like so many other highly pigmented lipsticks seem to be. It wears well and lasts a long time on me with minimal touch-ups required. I would definitely reccommend this as a classic red shade at a good price, although it is for true red lovers and not for the faint of heart because the colour is intense (which I love).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love red lipstick, and I know this is probably Revlon's best selling red, but it is too cool-toned for me. I see more blue/pink in this, than Certainly Red, which is the truest classic red I've found, of theirs. This works okay for me with certain colors (it can calm down a black or navy near my face, I'm warm toned NC30) or with white, but I could definitely NOT wear this with a warm toned color near my face. Will use up my tube, but I won't repurchase. The formula for Super Lustrous is great!

on 4/14/2005 9:23:00 AM

I dont understand people saying this is a neutral red. It turns completely fuchsia on me and I dont usually have problems with that. Maybe our European Revlon Red differs from the US one?

Popular Lipsticks