NARS Taj Mahal

NARS Taj Mahal

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

on 4/10/2017 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Skin ref: Lancome Teint Miracle in #005 Beige Ivory. Very fair -fair skin with warm yellow/gold undertones. Golden blonde hair warm honey-like blonde highlights, hazel eyes (brown-green) that change tone in different moods/lights: Olive green dark olive/brown, soft hazel. Colour season analysis: Warm Autumn.

Logic dictates that I should not wear this colour, that this is a colour for those who are very warm toned I.e. Jennifer Lopez's skin tone or deeper. I'm not either of those, as you can see from the description above; I'm fair skinned blonde haired. Tried this on today, I was totally shocked. It looked stunning. Applied with a Real Techniques Powder Brush, it actually looks natural on me. Glowing and natural, like I've been out in the summer's sun in height of summer's haze. I lightly dab the pan, brush off excess and build up the colour lightly. I'm very surprised, given how fair I am, how natural this looks on me. Radiant, healthy looking it makes me look, as my sister commented. This is isn't going to suit everyone, simply because not everyone suits orange blush.

Yes, it is true that fairer skinned ladies will have to go lighter handed than perhaps someone of a deeper complexion. It's easy to end up looking like a clown gone wrong. Go lighter, dust off and build up is the way to go. It looks scary in the pan; you're reading of an author who's only recently introduced colour into her world, trust me be not scared. On the right person it looks stunning, like you've just got a gorgeous summer glow. Highly recommended for anyone fair to deep, warm undertoned people. I cant speak of how it looks on cooler toned people, if you are and wear this, then please let me know how it wears on you.

It is true to description; a blazing burnt orange with a very subtle with gold shimmer running through it. It's got to be one of the brightest colours from Nars's range of blushers, perhaps even on the market. This undeniably a very warm toned orange with gold running through it.

It's name is true to honor. India has often said to be synonymous with words such as: vibrancy, heat, richness, energy and colour, to name a few. It does represent very well in the pan. It is a vibrant colour, it makes no apologies. It doesn't apologies for being different (I haven't yet found a dupe, even if I did I'd still pay the price and pick Taj Mahal anyday). This isn't a colour that pretends to be something its not, leaving you to think it's one colour when you swatch/apply it; it's another. It is as it is in the pan, no hiding no false pretenses. Sure you'll either love, like, hate or be indifferent to it, that's up to you to decide where it stands with you.

Maybe it's just my interpretation, but I think what Nars tried to capture was a very tiny snapshot of the warmth and vibrancy that India and its people have....in one blush pan. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right who knows?.

Highly pigmented, one of the most pigmented blushes I've ever come across. Go easy on it. I don't normally like shimmer in a blush but I love it in this blush, because it's not really noticeable.

Pop down to your local beauty counter/department store and check it out before you buy. What's the worst that can happen; you try it and don't like it....or you love it and end up buying it?. I have purchased this. I love it, funny enough years ago I discovered this I was scared of it. Now I'm not scared of anything 😆😍.

on 1/31/2017 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

There are not many orange blushes out there so i love this. it looks even more beautiful on darker skin anything nc37+ because it really compliments those skin tones. its very pigmented so a little goes a LONG way and i think for the money its more of an investment peice of makeup so definately treat yourself ;) it creates a really nice healthy glow, i am a mac reference of nc40 and it looks really nice and is a nice change to pink blush although still complimenary.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Ladies this Blush is everything.Compliments Caramel women superbly . Use a light stroke for subliminal wear or more strokes to pair with your Go Get Them Dress for a night on the town. Definitely highlights those with Yellow/orange undertones like myself.Like most Nars blushes goes on smooth and last most of the day. No issue for sensitive skin ladies like myself.

on 4/8/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This blush is beautiful however not for the fainted hearted. It's packed with pigment so going in with a heavy hand may have that oompah loompa effect so to offset that I would recommend a duo fibre brush, I use the MAC 188.
Taj Mahal is a vibrant burnt orange with tons of shimmer so if you're a fan of satin/ matte blushes - this is vets only not for you.

on 1/24/2016 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of a kind, gorgeous blush. A gem in the blush category. The best orange blush in my opinion. Burnt yet bright orange with gold shimmer. Sort of like copper. Open the package to find a showstopping orange that can be a bit frightening. This is very pigmented and its best to use a light hand. Tan to deep/dark skin tones run, do not walk, and get this blush immediately. You will glow like an amber goddess with this blush on, it is very flattering. Pale to fair skin tones, y'all can pull this blush off too, but with an ultra light hand. Could be used similar like bronzer as this blush warms up the complexion.

I am NC40-42(Medium-dark/ Tan with yellow undertones) and this is one of my favorite blushes. I can add a light sweep for a touch of warmth for an everyday look. In summer I can go bolder. Either way, it looks natural. I think Taj Mahal and NARS' other scary blush, Exibit A, are the most realistic blushes from NARS and compared to all blushes as they mimic a true flush and burn from the sun and the color when people blush naturally. Taj Mahal better suits me as I have strong yellow undertones with tan skin.

Wear time is excellent, all day. Applies smooth and even. I don't like NARS packaging, I find them dingy and easily dirty. But inside this dingy packaging is a blush that I cannot compare to any other, there is no exact dupe to Taj Mahal and it is highly worth the price. I find NARS blushes last a long time; I have NARS blushes that I have for awhile, I have yet to hit the pan. Will repurchase, highly recommend giving this blush a try!

on 4/3/2016 9:01:00 AM

A beautiful colour, but wayyy too pigmented for me. You only need to use a little bit to pop the colour therefore paying the price I did for the whole blush seemed like a waste and I hardly use it :( Nars packaging never fails to impress, always so sleek and tidy however I wouldn't repurchase this particular shade.

I was hesitant to buy Taj Mahal for many years, because it is marketed mostly towards women with dark skin. And then I decided to give it a shot. I am NC20 and I really like it. Now, thing is, if you have fair, light or medium light skin, it will not look on you the way it looks on the dark ladies you see online, that beautiful golden amber glow. Simply because you can't build it up to such intensity. It's very pigmented and you have to use a very light hand which on me results in a warm peachy pink color that makes me look healthy. I think this is a blush that would look nice even on the very fair skin tones, providing you have a warm complexion. I can see this clashing with cool complexions, but then again, I might be wrong, so try it at the counter if you have doubts.

on 12/28/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

A vibrant, almost imitimidating orange. This gorgeous color applies heavy but can be sneered out with a light hand. It looks great on deeper skin tones. I use this bronzer mainly in the summer when I want that sun kissed glow.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE this blush. I was a little hesitant to buy it because it looked a bit scary to me, but I decided to just go for it after hearing such good things about it. No regrets. Pigmentation is amazing, all you need is a light hand. It's a must have, especially for those of us with darker skin.

on 1/30/2015 3:25:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My favourite NARS blush!!

I am normally a creme blush kinda gal but this blush has brought me out of that! I have a golden/olive complexion and find that it sits well on olive skin tones and darker.
A little bit goes a long way, apply too much and it can look OTT! I wear this everyday and will never get sick of it! It gives me such a glow with the gold that runs through it. LOVE!