4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

How do I express my love for this little gem, I'm NC40 for reference and this is the best looking blush on my complexion. I'm Indian so the name is just perfect for me. I have turned on so many of my non-makeup wearing friends on to this blush and they all love it. I'm a blush junkie and own a ton of blush not from luxury brands like Chanel but I do own a decent amount and this is my most favourite. I had this for years and I wear it so often and yet to make a dent, it will probably last me forever. Such a great product and must have for anyone with NC35 and deeper skintone. You did it NARS.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

7 months ago

I looooove this SO MUCH. I realized my nw20/30 winter blushes weren’t cutting it on my faux tanned skin (nc43), so I jumped at Exhibit A and Taj Mahal. Whereas Exhibit A will work with a light hand year round, it is yet to be seen if this one will work come winter; if I remember I’ll be sure to update. That being said, it is a gorgeous lovechild of bronzer and blush and highlighter. Ie today the only makeup I’m wearing is a dot of undereye concealer (Nars biscuit), MAC lady danger lipstick, and this blush. It’s 90° and I’m half naked but my face looks aglow! It lasts all day. Oh and a generous spritz of gold fix+ chilled in fridge. Since I’m now medium/darkish and gold, this orangey blush is so so beautiful. If you’re any shade of NC BUY IT just use a light hand under 40/43. NW I guess if bronzers work, this should warm up the complexion as long as the rest of your makeup isn’t like super cool toned. 10/10 recommend! I attached a picture w the look I described above short blonde pixie and black halter top!

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

Wonderful summer colour, probably could be worn by literally anyone from darkest to lightest skin tones. Gives a polished burnt flush with a tasteful golden glow. I'd like to give 4 1/2 because it doesn't work so well for me during the cooler months so it isn't as Platonic ideal as Nars Exhibit "A". Still, it will literally last a lifetime because it is so pigmented (pressed powders, esp quality items like this, don't really expire - disinfect with a mist of alcohol once in a while if you worry) as is excellent value. Milani Luminoso is a good budget alternative - not a dupe per se but similarly warming and elegant.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

Skin ref: Lancome Teint Miracle in #005 Beige Ivory. Very fair -fair skin with warm yellow/gold undertones. Golden blonde hair warm honey-like blonde highlights, hazel eyes (brown-green) that change tone in different moods/lights: Olive green dark olive/brown, soft hazel. Colour season analysis: Warm Autumn. Logic dictates that I should not wear this colour, that this is a colour for those who are very warm toned I.e. Jennifer Lopez's skin tone or deeper. I'm not either of those, as you can see from the description above; I'm fair skinned blonde haired. Tried this on today, I was totally shocked. It looked stunning. Applied with a Real Techniques Powder Brush, it actually looks natural on me. Glowing and natural, like I've been out in the summer's sun in height of summer's haze. I lightly dab the pan, brush off excess and build up the colour lightly. I'm very surprised, given how fair I am, how natural this looks on me. Radiant, healthy looking it makes me look, as my sister commented. This is isn't going to suit everyone, simply because not everyone suits orange blush. Yes, it is true that fairer skinned ladies will have to go lighter handed than perhaps someone of a deeper complexion. It's easy to end up looking like a clown gone wrong. Go lighter, dust off and build up is the way to go. It looks scary in the pan; you're reading of an author who's only recently introduced colour into her world, trust me be not scared. On the right person it looks stunning, like you've just got a gorgeous summer glow. Highly recommended for anyone fair to deep, warm undertoned people. I cant speak of how it looks on cooler toned people, if you are and wear this, then please let me know how it wears on you. It is true to description; a blazing burnt orange with a very subtle with gold shimmer running through it. It's got to be one of the brightest colours from Nars's range of blushers, perhaps even on the market. This undeniably a very warm toned orange with gold running through it. It's name is true to honor. India has often said to be synonymous with words such as: vibrancy, heat, richness, energy and colour, to name a few. It does represent very well in the pan. It is a vibrant colour, it makes no apologies. It doesn't apologies for being different (I haven't yet found a dupe, even if I did I'd still pay the price and pick Taj Mahal anyday). This isn't a colour that pretends to be something its not, leaving you to think it's one colour when you swatch/apply it; it's another. It is as it is in the pan, no hiding no false pretenses. Sure you'll either love, like, hate or be indifferent to it, that's up to you to decide where it stands with you. Maybe it's just my interpretation, but I think what Nars tried to capture was a very tiny snapshot of the warmth and vibrancy that India and its people have....in one blush pan. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right who knows?. Highly pigmented, one of the most pigmented blushes I've ever come across. Go easy on it. I don't normally like shimmer in a blush but I love it in this blush, because it's not really noticeable. Pop down to your local beauty counter/department store and check it out before you buy. What's the worst that can happen; you try it and don't like it....or you love it and end up buying it?. I have purchased this. I love it, funny enough years ago I discovered this I was scared of it. Now I'm not scared of anything ????????.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

There are not many orange blushes out there so i love this. it looks even more beautiful on darker skin anything nc37+ because it really compliments those skin tones. its very pigmented so a little goes a LONG way and i think for the money its more of an investment peice of makeup so definately treat yourself ;) it creates a really nice healthy glow, i am a mac reference of nc40 and it looks really nice and is a nice change to pink blush although still complimenary.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

3 years ago

Ladies this Blush is everything.Compliments Caramel women superbly . Use a light stroke for subliminal wear or more strokes to pair with your Go Get Them Dress for a night on the town. Definitely highlights those with Yellow/orange undertones like myself.Like most Nars blushes goes on smooth and last most of the day. No issue for sensitive skin ladies like myself.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This blush is beautiful however not for the fainted hearted. It's packed with pigment so going in with a heavy hand may have that oompah loompa effect so to offset that I would recommend a duo fibre brush, I use the MAC 188. Taj Mahal is a vibrant burnt orange with tons of shimmer so if you're a fan of satin/ matte blushes - this is vets only not for you.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Coarse

from

4 years ago

A beautiful colour, but wayyy too pigmented for me. You only need to use a little bit to pop the colour therefore paying the price I did for the whole blush seemed like a waste and I hardly use it :( Nars packaging never fails to impress, always so sleek and tidy however I wouldn't repurchase this particular shade.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

One of a kind, gorgeous blush. A gem in the blush category. The best orange blush in my opinion. Burnt yet bright orange with gold shimmer. Sort of like copper. Open the package to find a showstopping orange that can be a bit frightening. This is very pigmented and its best to use a light hand. Tan to deep/dark skin tones run, do not walk, and get this blush immediately. You will glow like an amber goddess with this blush on, it is very flattering. Pale to fair skin tones, y'all can pull this blush off too, but with an ultra light hand. Could be used similar like bronzer as this blush warms up the complexion. I am NC40-42(Medium-dark/ Tan with yellow undertones) and this is one of my favorite blushes. I can add a light sweep for a touch of warmth for an everyday look. In summer I can go bolder. Either way, it looks natural. I think Taj Mahal and NARS' other scary blush, Exibit A, are the most realistic blushes from NARS and compared to all blushes as they mimic a true flush and burn from the sun and the color when people blush naturally. Taj Mahal better suits me as I have strong yellow undertones with tan skin. Wear time is excellent, all day. Applies smooth and even. I don't like NARS packaging, I find them dingy and easily dirty. But inside this dingy packaging is a blush that I cannot compare to any other, there is no exact dupe to Taj Mahal and it is highly worth the price. I find NARS blushes last a long time; I have NARS blushes that I have for awhile, I have yet to hit the pan. Will repurchase, highly recommend giving this blush a try!

About reviewer (240 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

4 years ago

A vibrant, almost imitimidating orange. This gorgeous color applies heavy but can be sneered out with a light hand. It looks great on deeper skin tones. I use this bronzer mainly in the summer when I want that sun kissed glow.

About reviewer (186 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Neutral