CLINIQUE Continuous Coverage

CLINIQUE Continuous Coverage

3.4

Active ingredient: titanium dioxide. Ingredients: water purified, titanium dioxide, mineral oil, talc, propylene glycol, tea-isostearate, isostearic acid, glyceryl sterate, peg-100 stearate, isopropyl lanolate, micro-crystalline cellulose, cellulose gum, algin, magnesium aluminum silicate, tea-stearate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides, ultramarines

After the second time wearing this foundation I woke up to the worst allergic reaction I have ever had! My face was like a balloon and there was a rash all over it. And just to make sure it was this product that broke me out I tried it again and the same thing happened. I have dry skin so I like a dewy finish but this foundation was over dewy so you have to set it with powder which makes it cakey. I regret buying this product so much and it costs a steep €30. Defiantly would not recommend for anyone with sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm so upset I can't find my receipt for this. =(

Pros-
- I like the tube

Cons -
- Palest color is too dark
- Kinda like trying to slather cement on your face, it doesn't glide
- It doesn't cover better than my MAC Studio Fix
- After about 5 hours, I'm an oily mess....and let me tell you. Thick makeup on top of oily skin....it looks so gross. My face looks wet!
- It makes my pores and acne scars look GIANT! Like REALLY GIANT and NOTICEABLE!

I honestly wish I could take this back, it's everything I don't want in a foundation. =( I'm going to try and make it work but this stuff...YUCK! I don't know how this stuff is still around, I've tried drugstore products better than this stuff.

on 4/9/2010 4:36:00 PM

Huge regret buying this. It has way too much yellow in it. It's also very thick and doesn't look natural at all, very hard to blend. When I put on my foundation after this, it looks very cakey and makes it look like I have a black eye, not a good look! It also settles into fine lines especially under the eyes and emphasizes dry areas and flaws. I will say though that it has good coverage, but that's about it. Everything else about it is horrid. Even the packaging is pretty bad, when I open up the bottle it spills out! The only reason I decided to buy this was because my mother said she used it when she was younger and that it worked well back then, so I'm guessing they changed the formula?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer is an unsung hero in my book. Best concealer I have been recommended for covering the entire undereye area. Extremely easy to apply, little needed, two colors for total flawlessness. I am fair and use 01 very fair, a perfect match. Don't be turned off by the darker color, it blends perfect. I put this lightly over my ColorStay in the lighter color and then the darker and it blends right in.

My new HG!

Update: My eyes have been watering and bloodshot. Stopped using this stuff and problem is gone. =(

on 7/22/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This concealer is very pigmented and thick. It was too dry for my under-eye area. I bought this in the shade creamy glow, but will be returning it.

on 5/9/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Pros: Price is right, a little bit goes a long way.
It cover everything

Cons: Doesn't keep it's promises for me, accentued my pores and lines even with the best primer.
Texture is thick and limit oily. This will NOT work for oily skins!!!
didn't last on my face (and I have a rather dry skin).
It returned it and exchanged for Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage (pricier but keeps his promises).

on 7/2/2010 2:32:00 AM

This product is OK, nothing more. It didn't cover my scars that well, which it says it will. The foundation is thick and not that easy to blend onto the skin. It also feels quite heavy on my skin. It didn't break me out, but I won't use this foundation alot.

If you want to buy this because you have acne scars or other scars, don't. It won't help.

on 3/26/2010 9:34:00 AM

Good coverage but it emphasized slightly dry areas after moisturising that other foundations/concealers don't. It also never seems to set so you need powder. Range of shades is lacking.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I guess I am going against the grain here as I did not like this foundation.

It is very thick. You have rub this between your fingers for about 30 seconds before applying it to your face or it will not spread. It will just set in one place and make you look like you have un-even blotches on your skin. Since you have to rub this first, it gets everywhere. All over your hands and since it is not oil-free it also stains clothing. I learned this the hard way when I got some on my shirt and comforter.

I wanted a full coverage foundation to hide some acne scarring and was hoping since it was so thick it would give me a great coverage, I was wrong. To me, this is the biggest problem. I would deal with an un-desirable consistency and messiness if it gave me good coverage but it didn't. I got the same coverage with my cover girl foundation as I did with this for a fraction of the price. Also, the cover girl is oil free and much easier and less messy to apply.

Why would I pay $22 for a foundation that gives the same coverage as a $7 cover girl foundation? Especially when the cover girl is less messy, oil free and easier to apply?

Well, I wouldn't. Ever again.

on 6/5/2012 8:56:00 PM

This covers blemishes really well and the lightest shade matches my skin closer than any fdtn I've tried although it is a bit too pink. It doesn't break me out. The only thing that bother me is the staying power, it transfers everywhere! I do use a good primer and powder, even added a finishing spray but nothing helps. If it were long wearing and had a better shade range it would be perfect!