SHISEIDO Minimalist Whipped Powder Blush

SHISEIDO Minimalist Whipped Powder Blush

4.3

on 4/19/2019 10:26:00 AM

I have combination skin which leans towards being dry. And as I age, I find that I much prefer cream blushes to powder blush.

I first bought this in the shade 05 Ayao, a dark brick red shade which is a really pretty shade on my medium tan skin tone. I liked it so much (for the colour, application, texture and final look) that I also bought it in 08 Kokei, which I only pop on the apple of my cheeks above the shade 05.

How I use this is:
Primer>Foundation>Shiseido Blush>Lightly set

If I need a little more colour I just dab a little more on top. It’s quite pigmented so you only need a little. Start slow and build up

on 3/20/2019 12:18:00 AM

I don’t know how to describe how I feel about this blush. It removes my foundation and patches up on my skin. I’ve tried it with several foundations and it does the same thing - ruins my foundation. I truly wanted to love this blush but it compromises so much for it too work and I don’t think it’s conventional.
However if you are someone who does not wear foundation, this would be amazing for you. But I repeat, it’s not conventional nor versatile.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been looking for a cream blush for my dry skin. This product is very concentrated and you need to use only a very small amount. I bought 2 of the colors, Sonoya, and Setsuko. The Sonoya is more coral than baby pink. The Setsuko is a rose and very concentrated. You tap it into the skin with your fingers, and add more as needed. It is important to start very slowly and build it to the intensity you want. It is very long lasting and did not fade all day. I think that I probably have a lifetimes worth with the 2 small containers. At $29 its kind of pricey.

on 2/15/2019 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Airy light-textured blush which is easy to apply, looks natural, is not greasy or drying. It does not fade or streak. The formulation is innovative. Apply with your fingers. A little goes a long way.

on 2/14/2019 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful sheer colour. It will last awhile

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I recently picked this up in the colour Chiyoko, which is the prettiest pink blush. In the jar, it looks quite peachy but it doesn't apply that way. The texture feels almost like smoothing cool water or a light, cool essence on my cheeks. The effect of this blush is so amazingly natural and the product is very light and airy and almost endlessly blendable so that it really does look like your own skin blushing from within. The container is solid and weighty and very stylish looking but instructions warn you to keep the little white plastic disc that covers the top and to close the lid tightly to prevent drying out and that is my big worry - that this blush will dry out long before I can finish it. But the product itself is so gorgeous to use and in the results it gives and so I am tempted to get one more of these, probably Kokei or Sayoko. These are fairly pricey in Canada but I was able to get it for 20% off, which is always nice, and paid the balance with Optimum Points.

on 1/10/2019 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to try these blushes and they didn't disappoint. I usually don't like cream blushes because, for me at least, they don't seem to last long and seem messy. Because these are "powder" whipped blush (still not exactly sure what that means) they don't have a liquid or gel like texture that other cream blushes have. It feels like a dense mousse. They are densely pigmented so you only need a small dab on each cheek to get a beautiful flush. They are quite long lasting, though often I layer a powder blush over them too just to add lasting powder.

My only complaint is the jar packaging. They seem prone to drying out. In the time that I've had these (about four months) the amount of product in at least one seems to be shrinking down, at a much faster rate than I'm using it. But there's still so much in there that I'm not to worried about whether they'll last a while.

The colors I got:
Sonoya and Setsuko - both a warm rose, pretty similar when applied
Chiyoko - a baby pink, somewhat cool, very pretty
Eiko - a light/medium tan that's pretty neutral. It's nice enough but a little less special than the others IMO. If you have darker skin I don't think it would show up very well.