Sun Bum - Face Lotion SPF 50

No Image

3.3

on 6/27/2018 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the only sunscreen that worked for me ever and I have tried TONS of them. What works for a majority does not work for me. Too bad this has bad rating on MUA. I have normal to dry skin so this feels like a light moisturizer without the heaviness.This product layers very well as a base before a BB cream or foundation. Very light in consistency, no smell and disappears almost instantly after application..love it. This is the only tube that I have finished..I will not go into the science of the ingredient list..seems to work amazingly well without breakouts and I will take that!

on 6/21/2018 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried high and lower-end priced products for my face, all at SPF50 when available. I bought this one on a whim and I've been quite satisfied. I have combination skin, with a normal cheek area and oily nose area. This is light, goes on smoothly and is not shiny. No fragrance, not irritation. Makeup holds up well over this.

on 6/13/2018 10:24:00 PM

I like a lot of Sun Bum products, some of their mineral sunscreens as well as some of their hair products so I thought I would give their SPF 50 Face Sunscreen Lotion a try. I used this for a couple of weeks and I was thinking it was just okay. I think this chemical sunblock is geared toward normal skin because I didn't find it hydrated yet it also wasn't very mattifying either. This applied okay and worked okay under my makeup, but it did make use of a setting spray necessary to keep it from slipping. After using it I went to being writing a review which was when I began to research the ingredient list. I was surprised and highly disappointed to see that Sun Bum has included the anti-microbial ingredient called Methylisothiazolinone. This product has a high likelihood of causing contact dermatitis and skin irritation, in fact, it is recommended that this only be used (if used at all) in very very small amounts in products that are going to be instantly rinsed off, like a soap. Definitely going to return this product and discontinued use immediately. My review video can be seen here:

Video Reviews & Tutorials