3.9

$13.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

13 days ago

In my opinion I’d say this is a good medium coverage foundation compared to the Estée Lauder camouflage double wear foundation. I bought this for $15 at Walgreens and love the texture, the price is great , and reminds me a lot of the revlon colorstay foundation that used to be in a glass jar with a black lid. This , for me, is an everyday foundation. It stands up and literally glides on. I put primer and powder over it and it looks lovely. I use Estée Lauder for special occasions but this is my go to for everyday wear such as going to work, going to town, ect. Give it a try you won’t be disappointed at all.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

1.0

6 months ago

This foundation in a tube is supposed to be the same as the whipped formula in the jar which was discontinued. It's not at all. It's got such a heavy, siliconey feel and it leaves my skin looking dull. It does not smooth out lines or pores but emphasizes them. In mainstream cosmetics brands there are no foundations that are plain, simple water based formulas which give a muted and natural look. There used to be tons of them. I've got no recourse but to continue using just a coverstick as foundation in key areas that need coverage. I chose this foundation in the tube as it is one of the very few if not the only one that did not have cyclopentasiloxane or a heavy fragrance. But the unpleasant texture and lack of any decent results makes it unusable.

About reviewer (242 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

7 months ago

I picked this up from the drug store with a healthy amount of skepticism--I have very oily skin and average pores. I was nervous about using something this thick, but I have to say it goes on beautifully, whether I use my fingers (in a rush) or a damp sponge. It doesn't collect in my pores and lines around my eyes, and as long as I follow up with powder, I get a lovely almost-matte finish that lasts for hours. I do have to break out the blotting papers after about an hour, but that's normal for me. The difference is that after blotting, this foundation looks as good as when I first applied it. I liked this so much that I bough a second tube in a slightly darker shade to use for contouring. Is this the *best* foundation out there? Probably not, but I have neither the money nor the patience to buy a bunch of different products that I may end up hating. So for now, anyway, this is the perfect foundation for *me*.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2.0

8 months ago

Sadly, this looks like crap on my skin. Back to Revlon ColorStay Stay Natural. I bought this in Buff, which is the same colour I buy in the Colorstay liquid foundation, and the colour is more or less the same, perhaps a little lighter. It has a little more whipped texture but is easy to apply. Sadly it clings to my dry spots and collects on blemishes and kind of just makes me look dry. Even though I'm oily. Maybe I'm both oily and dry. Either way, this does not look good. Shame, because I love matte finishes. Can't speak to the longevity because I took it off after a few hours.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

8 months ago

Purchased in Buff (same as I wear for colorstay) which is decent match without being too pink or orange. Requires warming up with powder. I have sensitive skin with a normal, balanced oil levels. My concerns are covering redness and not settling into pores. Plenty of time to work with it. A damp sponge has been my favorite way to apply. This applies like a dream. Very easy to spread around and build up. I am able to achieve nice coverage and finish. Even though the shade is devoid of life, there is a lit-from-within quality that makes this not dry flat but there is no glitter or shine. Other products apply very nicely and this all dries down quite well. Unfortunately, this does not last 24 hours - no way. With primer, powder, setting spray and really being careful to apply products correctly, it does last a full work day for me. But I know I'm not going out after without some touch up. I purchased this among several other options such as Becca, Stila, Smashbox, etc. and this is the ONLY one I will repurchase. While this foundation thinned well with moisturizer, I have products in that area I already prefer. This is nice when you need to look like an adult for work, though. Doesn't smell strong either like some of Revlon's other products. I did not experience any discomfort or breakouts. Great product! I would actually rate this closer to 4.5 and while I am impressed by the price, I did NOT grade this easier because "it's such a great price point." It either works or it doesn't. This works.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

a year ago

I have normal to dry freckled skin and love this product in Sand Beige. The texture is heavenly, silky and applies beautifully smooth with a damp beauty sponge, which does create a sheerer level of coverage but it remains buildable in areas that additional coverage is desired. This foundation is a good color match for me and I haven't noticed any oxidation in several wearings with different lighting and other environmental factors. I prepare/ prime my skin by first applying moisturizer, Del Organics all-in-one anti-aging serum, and Australian Gold tinted 50 SPF mineral sunscreen and disclose as this may be enhancing the stellar performance of this product for me.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

a year ago

First, I would like to say, I like Revlon Colorstay makeup, but this product did not reach my expectations. Yes, it does have good coverage, it does blend out smoothly, it's lightweight, but it does not leave a flawless look for 24 hours. I applied the product with a beauty blender, around 1 in the afternoon, with my normal primer ( e.l.f. mineral infused face primer), did the rest of my makeup and set it. Around 4, I looked in the mirror and it completely set in my pores around my T-zone, and made them look HUGE!! Maybe, I should have used a different primer or setting spray, I don't know, but I do know I will not be buying this product, again. I am very disappointed.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

Revlon Colorstay Whipped was my HG for years. I'd been scared out of my wits when I'd heard it was being "repackaged". Though they say it's the same thing under different name and new packaging, we all know that it might not necessarily be the same thing. I just dreaded the whole hullabaloo involved in looking for a new HG. I'm happy to report that despite some alteration in the ingredients (hence it's a reformulation, not merely a simple repackaging), this performs even better than Whipped. It lasts longer on my face and less prone to flake or patch even after 15 hours of wear. At the moment I live in a very humid country with summer all year round and I have oily dehydrated skin. Two criticism though: 1. Colour Buff is about one shade darker than Whipped's Buff. I think I can still get away with it but some of the old users of Whipped's Buff will be very disappointed. 2. Dear Revlon, please don't use the word "repackaged" when you also alter the formula and the shade(s). At least for Buff.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

from

a year ago

I can't believe how great this stuff is, especially for the price. I had been using Becca Ever-Matte (in Cashmere) for my oily T-zone, and it worked well until it started looking cakey on me – don't know if the formula changed or my skin changed, but I couldn't get a smooth, natural finish any more. Enter this stuff, at about one quarter the price. The shade 175 Natural Ochre is a perfect match for me (NC20), it goes on like a dream, covers any redness, and holds up to my oily T-zone all day long. I just put it on (with my fingers) and forget about it -- no need for powder, even. But it's not a flat matte look, more of a velvety finish. It has a mousse-like texture and blends easily, doesn't sink into my pores. As others have noted, it's not really full cover -- more of a medium cover, which won't hide any dark spots, so you'll need concealer for that. But, for me, this is HG status, especially in the travel-friendly tube. PS: The tube is truly hideous, though -- perhaps the ugliest packaging I have ever seen!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

a year ago

Update: Had to add the fifth lippie due to the fact that this saved me during a eczema spell. This is wonderfully for sensitive skin types! I purchased this a while ago, albeit in the wrong shade. I was able to exchange it for a better match, but it still wasn't hitting the mark for me. I actually have very fine dry skin--though, not dehydrated skin, as I follw a great routine to keep my skin in check. While I love using light cc creams and moisturising tints most days, I do like to have a go-to foundation that gives me a more polished look. So, liking the idea of this type of foundation-fluffy, smooth, with a built in primer- I decided to try my shot one last time with shade true beige, and it hit the mark for my NC30 skin. Now, again, this claims to be mattifying and full coverage, but it is all in the way one uses it. I am big on lots of moisture, so I always mix my morning serum and moisturising spf and rub a thick layer all over my face. Before it completely absorbs, I smooth dollops of this foundation o to sections of my face with my fingers. It blends in seemlessly and stays the day. Because of the emollients with which I prep my skin, this never really goes flat matte on me. It gives me a velvety finish. It looks fab even at the end of the day. I get a nice light coverage with this method as well. This is why I gave this makeup a four rating instead of a five. I think the claims are misleading, and it's staying power, finish and coverage all depend on how you are applying it.

About reviewer (258 reviews)

Age36-43