4.3

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

a month ago

I didn't think this product matched the level of hype I felt it received on youtube. This product isn't bad; it gives a metallic highlighted look on the cheeks and the consistency is creamy with a skin-like tint I have never seen in other highlighters. However, I do find that it accentuates texture. I have seen and heard others use this as a sheer foundation, but this makes me look extremely oily and frosted when I dab even a small amount all over the face. I do not think this gives a dewy, or wet, look; it gives more of a metallic finish. I would not apply this with a sponge because I find that the sponge absorbs most of the product, but when I spread it with my fingertips, I find that it smears and leaves a metallic stripe on my cheeks. I also think this product is very expensive for what it is; it is true that it will last a while because I think a tiny amount on the cheeks is enough and the lasting power is decent, but at the end of the day, it is just a highlighter. If you are looking for a truly dewy, wet look, I think the rms luminizer in champagne rose is best because it is quite sheer and makes it look as if your skin is glowing.

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2.0

2 months ago

I just... don't like it very much. I have oily skin and yes, it makes it look dewy, but at the same time I feel like it's too heavy and sticky on the skin. I see that other people with dry to normal and even combo skin types loving this stuff, but I don't think it makes me look prettier or anything like that. I've used it on top of and under foundation, I've used it all over by itself, and the weight of it feels honestly suffocating on my skin. I think maybe I'm applying too much, but when I cut back on the amount it does basically nothing except adding another layer of product. I would honestly prefer use squalane oil over this on my skin for the purpose of creating an artificial dewiness, as the product would at least be hydrating. Other complaints: - Some of my friends had a bit of an allergic reaction to this product, saying that they felt itchy after using this on their face. - The lettering on the bottle is peeling off, which is kind of sad considering I've only owned this for five months. - The packaging is not travel friendly, and quite heavy. The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector looks way prettier on my skin - I'm not sure why. I would definitely try samples before purchasing.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 months ago

For dry skin girls and boys out there - this is fantastic! Healthy glow in a bottle. Imagine having a hydrating primer, subtle tint and highlighter all in one? Well, you're looking at Hollywood Flawless Filter darling. At first I was not sure how it would actually look on the skin; particularly - whether it would give any sort of coverage, because many people say that they use this product alone on daily basis instead of foundation. In my experience, the coverage is quite light, yet I do prefer it with a bit of concealer/foundation on top. No one wants to look like a glazed donut, right? I share application tips, unedited swatches and more in a separate review here for those of you interested (https://www.nayatilly.com/single-post/2019/10/14/Charlotte-Tilbury-Hollywood-Flawless-Filter-Review). Hope it helps!

About reviewer (539 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 months ago

I use this as a base initially, before foundation & concealer and also as a highlighter once I've applied everything else. It gives an amazing brightening effect that just brings out something else in my complexion and makeup, and makes it look that much better. Excellent value for money too - I cannot see this finishing anytime soon, and I'm using it on an almost daily basis - literally the tiniest amount is needed.  The color does tend to run light which is something to be aware of (I'm 5- tan) and if you're oily it's best to point out this veers more towards dewy than matte. However, there's no glitter in this, no shimmer either, just a really nice glow. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

6 months ago

I was so excited to get this! I love Charlotte Tilbury products and when I saw everyone racing about it I couldn't wait to try it. I ordered the #2 shade which is a good one for light medium skin tone. I'd say that if you don't already have a Becca, Marc Jacob's, or other liquid highlighter then this might be worth it. If you already have one, you will be fine skipping this. I have used mine every way recommended. I don't like it as an all over primer but it is good for the high points of my face both before/after foundation. I have read that some like this for acne because it has coverage properties but I think any product that highlights problem areas are a no go. One thing that I want to point out. Of the 10 or so youtubers that I am subscribed to and watch regularly 7 reviewed this product and raved about it. Of those 7 I've seen 5 have done GRWM videos since then and not a one has used this product.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

7 months ago

Absolutely one of my best makeup buys ever! It gives the most gorgeous (non glittery) glow I use this as a base under my make up - dot on and then spread with a brush. Once I've applied foundation, concealer, cream bronze and cream blush - then apply again to high points of my face and blend with a beauty blender. Its is absolutely stunning!!!! The only down side is the applicator isnt that great, and wonder what will happen when I get to the end - which is a long long way away as this will last forever. Dont even spend time thinking about this...buy it! You wont regret it!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

8 months ago

This is kind of a combination of highlighter, concealer and primer. It's a lovely sheer pale (I got #1 Fair) liquid which goes on alone or before (or even after) foundation or tinted moisturizer. It adds a touch of light glow with minimum shimmer, while giving some decent coverage on spots. LOVE this! Big bottle, tiny amount needed, will last forever. Nice dispenser with an easy to use sponge tip. '

About reviewer (378 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

9 months ago

I have dry, rosecea skin. Even though my skin is in decent condition overall, I still prefer to use ELDW to cover up the redness on my cheeks. What I do is mix some Hollywood Filter with ELDW on the back of my hand, then apply with a damp Beauty Blender. Viola, I get the iron wear and full coverage of ELDW, with a satiny, skin-like finish. For reference, my skin is light/medium with olive undertone. I use Hollywood Filter in Medium 4 and ELDW 2N1 Desert Beige.

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

9 months ago

I’m revising my original review and I will probably buy this at some point. You only need a smidgen so it will last a very long time. This is a strange animal and I found even the beauty bloggers on Youtube don't exactly know what to do with it. I just got a sample and I don't think I will purchase a bottle. I thought it was a foundation but it is not. What I had in my sample was very greasy and very light. I am also very fair skinned but this is extremely light. I smeared it all over my face and it was sheet horror. First, I have to explain I am over 70 , and the good thing about the stuff is it does not settle in winkles. It is definitely a glowing presentation because my face looked like a flashlight, not a good look for me. I think on younger skin this could be a smashing effect. A little seems to go a looooong way so be sparing. I am inclined to agree with some other posters and this seems to me to be best applied to specific areas on top of your foundation. Don't like to be the naysayer but this isn't for everyone and not for me. The other positive review I can give is it seems to be quite gentle on the skin. My skin is very sensitive and it hasn't made me itch, breakout, peel, or make my face feel crawly.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 months ago

One of the best new additions to my makeup bag! I was keen to try this after I'd seen lots of great reviews and tutorials for it, and it really is a lovely product. I went for shade 3, which does add a bit of colour to my skin along with the glow, however this works for me as I like to have the option to go a bit darker sometimes if I want a more tanned look. Plus the shade lighter had quite a silvery/white tone to it and I prefer a more golden glow, which this shade has. I've tried using it in various ways - all over as a glowy base underneath foundation, which didn't work that well for me as you then end up with glow/shine in areas that I find can get oily anyway on their own (T-zone etc). I have seen it used in this way with a lovely result, but maybe just not the best way if you have oily or combination oily skin. The way I now use it is on top of my foundation, buffed on with a beauty blender in just the areas that you really want to glow and have highlight - cheekbones, temples, sides of forehead, down centre of nose...) and it is really pretty. It brings life to skin, and works well used on top of my current favourite foundation which is The Ordinary serum foundation. I've also applied the highlight from the Charlotte Tilbury bronze and glow compact on top of this and it gives an amazing glow without being too unnatural. You get absolutely loads of product and the glass bottle is nice and weighty, making it feel like a great quality product that is definitely worth the price tag - I honestly think this will last me at least 12 months, and I use it pretty much every day! Overall this is a great product that gives a great healthy glow to skin and it easily buildable.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm