Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color
Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

3.6

I have this in uncensored and from now on it will be my first choice in red lipstick.

It's in a lovely unusual bottle, like a tall nail polish, and the applicator is fantastic. It's like a typical fuzzy lip gloss applicator but with a sort of scooped foot which carries loads of the product. I have to dab it on the edge of the bottle because it's too much for me to use in one go. The consistency is very thin like water but the pigment is unbelievably vivid straight away. It dries fast, so any mistakes have to be removed as quickly as possible. It feels feather-light while it's on, and it stays put for as long as you want it to, but that doesn't mean it won't smudge or transfer. I mostly get smudges when I'm eating, but maybe that's just me. Never had it on my teeth though.

The shade is amazing. I haven't seen it on a single person who doesn't suit it. I'm really looking forward to the new shades.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

To start, I thought this color would be a brighter red. But I’m a big fan of reds, so I’m not too bothered by this. What I’m really annoyed with is the consistency of the formula. I feel that it’s too liquidy/runny... I know some people may find it easy to apply, but I feel like it’s tougher to. Now, I’m no pro, but I’m not a novice either. I can’t just throw this on without lipliner because I feel like it gets everywhere. Lastly, there is *always* transfer. I currently have it on right now; I applied it about a half hour ago and if I press my finger to my lip (lightly, at that), there is color transfer. How annoying. What good is a really comfortable formula if it can’t ace said annoyances?

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is beautiful as is the applicator but the consistency is horrible. I also was disappointed in the color, it's more Russian Red than Ruby Woo, not quite as vibrant as I thought it would be. It is messy and gets everywhere. Taking it off was even more work. Overhyped and not worth buying at all

on 5/25/2018 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Amazing, BUT..

When I first received this in mail I noticed how the packing is a lot more different than regular liquid lipstick. I really love the shape the wand is very comfortable to use for a stable application. The applicator itself picks up the right amount of product, and it’s evenly coated. The applicator makes the application SOOO PRECISE it’s crazy. Lip liner what? Don’t need that!
The round applicator lets me get the perfect shape of my lips and the curves. I usually don’t like liquid lipsticks because they get so messy with the application process but this one did me right.
The formula is super creamy I’ve never tried ANY formula like this. It takes a little while to dry but it you blot you basically remove the extra layer and it dries faster and I love that about this.
This lip paint doesn’t bleed, it’s longwearing and it still looks great after hours. I usually don’t end up with crusty lips with this product. However you SHOULD put on some lip balm before you apply ANY liquid lipstick and let it 10 minutes to chill. Also when you apply, let it dry. Don’t talk or drink, let the inner part dry- and you will see that the lipstick doesn’t disappear from the inner rim of your lips. This way it wouldn’t get on your teeth as well.

The only problem is the shade. My skin is SO YELLOW.(for reference: Bareminerals Honeycomb 20/Hourglass Golden Natural mixed with Golden Amber/Cover Fx G+50-G+60)
I have a medium tan complexion with prominent olive undertones. My skin isn’t BRIGHT, true olive skin is like a muted golden with green and a brownish red mixed in. I don’t feel like this shade compliments me at all. It does the opposite.
It is a very bright shade and because my undertone is so deep I feel like this doesn’t go well. I tend to stay away from light pinks and pastels when it comes to lip colour for that exact reason. BUT they did advertise this as flattering to all skin tones and universal blah blah blah...
It’s pretty much why I bought this- models in their campaign with similar skintone to mine looked amazing with the shade, and they made me feel confident- that this red will flatter me.(keep in mind that I usually reach for brownish reds because they look good on me, unlike pure reds)
However right now my skin is the lightest it’s ever been, and I’m sure that this will look amazing for when im tan.

I can’t blame the product for the fact I don’t like the shade because the formula is amazing, application is easy and flawless.
I will buy different shades (when they come out with some, I hope they do)

on 4/6/2018 10:00:00 AM

This is probably the first time I've actually caved in to purchase a product created by a celeb!!!!

I love the colour - it really is a true universal red and suitable for all skin tones. I've had so many compliments each time I'm wearing this!!!!!

I also love the packaging; sleek and effortless. I live outside of the US so I paid $36 for this. And this packaging does look like for what its worth.

As many people have mentioned, the applicator is slightly different. It is tricky to work with especially at the side of your lips, but its still workable. For my case, I don't experience the bleeding as much as I use a lipliner. However, you need to work fast if you mess it up before the product dries!

I don't think it claims with a matte finish, but it dries down to a soft matte finish. My lips didn't crack extensively. However, its still good to prep and moisturize your lips before applying. I've been doing this for every single other matte lipstick, so this step doesn't bother me at all. I like how it didn't give me the sticky feeling finish when I try to rub my lips, likes the MUFE Aqua colour (which was terrible btw).

One tiny swipe is already very pigmented. So I believe this is going to last a long way!

Longevity wise - it can last about a good 5-6 hrs. Unless you're going to eat food that are really oily then of course you'd require a touch up. However, if you're having a light meal, I found that I didn't really need to reapply since the product is so pigmented, all I did was to reline my lips.

Do I think the price justifies the product? Absolutely - the packaging SOLD me. The product itself, in terms of colour and the longevity, it did not disappoint me. I think the applicator can be improved - but again, the current one isn't terrible, it just takes a bit of time to get used to and it will work out.

Of course, there are many brands out there that can give you the same red colour with that undertone, but the branding itself and the execution was what really got my attention. I'm not a huge fan of Riri - but so far none of their products have disappointed me, and it was well thought out.

If you're looking for something to splurge on, pls try this out! You DEFINITELY won't be disappointed.

I would repurchase it - only provided if I manage to finish this tube, which I guess its gonna take a long time, lol

Hope this review helps!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I read a lot mixed review about this product.
I bought this on the end of November, on early December I haven't try it and I read tons of mixed review, so I was so skeptical.

Some said the consistency is too runny and it will bleeds at the end of the day, I just sweating when I heard those review, I mean red bleeds lip is not my cup of tea.

So on Christmas I test it out, wow oh wow
I end up loving this product so much?

The consistency is very watery, but you can make it work, to avoid bleeds on my lips, I apply lip liner.

But my mom wear it without lip liner, it looks just good on her.

Ok the shade, THE SHADE IS SO BEAUTIFUL

I think it looks nice to anyone.

Packaging is unique, so edgy, which I love.

on 12/28/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a nice universal red lip color that would suit most everyone! My first impression so far, I expected more from this product since Rihanna herself said that it would be no worries to eat with this lip paint because it won't smudge or erased from the lips. But this product smudges and transfers EVERYWHERE! My hands, mug, even smudged my chin when I'm eating a burger. The color still stays on the lips, but I just dislike getting my things stained with this lip color. However, this product feels soft and not drying on the lips unlike other matte lip products. Will try using this over lips without my daily lip balm and see if the transfer/smudging improves.