Coles Mode Mascara

Coles Mode Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/7/2017 11:47:00 PM

Compared to other mascara brands I've tried so far (all drugstore brands, and I've not tried many mascara brands to be honest - since I rarely uses mascaras), this has the to be the most pleasant experience I've had applying mascara. I found this at Coles in Australia at the price of 3 dollars, so I had to try it out, and I absolutely loved how lightweight and easy it was to apply; there was barely any clumping and wasn't too heavy on the formula. The mascara dries really quickly after application which is great.
I've been using this for cosplay and I'd say it's lasted great for an entire day.

Packaging is extremely simplistic with its black tube that's about 14cm in length, with the text 'MODE Australia' and country of origin printed on it. The tube comes in a no-nonsense cardboard blister pack.

The only niggle (minor really) I've had is that it's always been a little hard to put/dip the wand all the way back down into the tube without putting a bit of effort; this is where I'm afraid I'd break it by accident. I'm still unsure whether this is due to the formula drying up inside, or just that the wand brush is a tad bit too big for the tube's inner diameter.

on 10/28/2017 7:34:00 AM

Mode is a cheap homebrand for Coles Supermarkets in Australia. I ran out of my favourite Max Factor mascara recently, and as Max Factor is not sold in a lot of places around here, I went on the hunt for something cheap I could use short term. I was in Coles, found this for $3 and figured it was worth a shot. My mum uses the powder from this range, and a friend uses one of the lipsticks, and they're both happy with the products.

This is a basic black mascara that comes in a slim black tube, with a thick fibre bristle brush (yay no plastic bristles). When I first pulled it out, I thought it looked like formula would be too thin but I was wrong. Just make sure that you get rid of the blob of product on the end of the wand by wiping it back into the tube before you apply to your lashes.

It's a decent shade of black, goes on easily, dries fairly quickly, and two coats does a good daytime look without clumping. I am lazy when it comes to putting on makeup, I don't comb my lashes in between coats, so if it doesn't clump or go spidery on me, it probably won't on you either.

It lasts a good 10 hours. If I apply around 8am, it is beginning to smudge under the eyes around 7pm. I've worn it three days in a row and it's holding up in warm weather, but who knows how it will go in really hot weather when I perspire.

For the price, this is a really good buy. I will continue to use the tube up. Although I will still buy my beloved Max Factor, it's always good to know I can go to any Coles supermarket and buy a cheap backup.