Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 30-35
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.5

on 1/31/2019 7:47:00 AM

Best foundation I ever bought. Stays on well beyond 12h. I do get shiny but that´s ok because the foundation does not smudge and stays undisturbed when blotting. I still have not found that miracle product that will keep the shine away throughout the day and so I made my peace with my skin. It also does not clog pores and I really don´t feel aware of it when I´m wearing makeup. I do feel that this is all I wished ELDW to be, as my friends kept raving about it, but I just couldn´t get along with it.
So, thank you Fenty people for a great product!

PS: would suggest to people interested in buying this foundation to be aware that shades do oxidize, a lot. So first do try out samples of shades lighter than actual skin. It´s bothersome but I think it´s worth it. Good luck!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Terrible foundation! I have very oily skin and although this claimed to be matte, long wearing, and full coverage it was none of those things. First of all it's very thick, too thick and is hard to get out of the pump once you finish half the bottle. It is hard to blend and feels super oily and gross on the skin. Lastly, it is not at all full coverage. After blending I looked matte for about 30 minutes and than my skin looked horrible, no coverage what so ever. It is terrible quality and not worth the price they charge for it, it wears more like a drug store foundation but with even worse wear. Certainly not up to par with Estee Lauder or other high end foundations. If you want full coverage, long wearing, oil controlling foundation try Estee Lauder Double Wear.

on 10/31/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference I am 2W2 Rattan in ELDW, 3.0-4.0 in Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation and Light Sand in Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and use this in 220 Warm Peach. I have oily skin, live in hot and humid weather and have mild to moderate acne hyperpigmentation.

Texture: Texture is very watery and runny. Among the lightest, reminds me of texture of the Chanel Aqua VitaLumiere Foundation. Very light, spreads beautifully with ease.

Coverage: This is a medium coverage but buildable to full. I have hyperpigmentation of post acne marks, one pump usually evens out my skin tone, two pumps bring the coverage up a notch to full. Layering is not a problem, its buildable without ever looking cakey. I guess because of the runny texture. Has skin light/natural soft matte finish to it thats really beautiful

Wear: This is pretty matte, overtime I feel it dries out my skin. Upon application it doesnt emphasize pores and fine lines or dry patches but overtime it oxidized like two shades darker, and I look orange. Two to 3 hours down the line, it started emphasizing my dry patches and any texture on my skin. Controls oil very well, perhaps that is why i feel it dried out my skin (And i have oily skin) But the wear I feel is exceptional. I wore this during a 10km Race and I was sweating like crazy throughout the race and it looked mildly faded after the race which is pretty amazing compared to other foundations Ive tried.. All in all, weartime is impressive. It looked good after 10-12 hours of wear.

Overall: I like this but not love it. It dried out my skin, oxidized and emphasized pores but has very skin light/natural yet full coverage and the wear time is amazing and controls oil. Very decent foundation but not my fave or hg status. I'd recommend this for very oily skin. If you want to try this, should consider getting at least 2 shades lighter.

on 10/8/2017 12:34:00 AM

I can see why this is such a controversial foundation! I have oily, acne prone skin and quite a bit of hyperpigmentation. It took a lot of experimentation for me to realize that there was no primer, setting spray, or powder I could use with this foundation to achieve a long lasting finish with the smooth texture promised in the product description. I am normally BIG on silicone-based primers and the UD All Nighter setting spray to make my foundation last. Fenty is literally the only foundation I need to apply in a thin layer over moisturizer, spot conceal, then layer again where needed. It is not at all in keeping with my usual routine (most recently the UD All Nighter foundation or Bare Minerals BarePRO foundation) but this gives me the most beautiful, flawless, oil-free, lasting coverage with this application method. In fairness I think it's closer to 4.5 lippies, but I'm rating it a 4 because of the oxidation and very tricky consistency that requires a lot of homework...

on 10/7/2017 9:06:00 PM

It took me a while to catch on to this foundation. Like many people here, I'm always on the lookout for the perfect shade and color. But by then, most of the shades were sold out. Even some of the testers were gone. I was able to test out some samples, and it was close; a bit too dark. So I go online and I happen to find next lightest shade that's neutral toned, and when I get it, it's too light. BUT! The oxidation helped warm up the tone so that it's quite close to my skin tone, and I was satisfied.

That's about all that was good about the foundation. This brand was very inclusive in its range. Now for the not so good parts...

This is a very fast setting, oil free foundation. I have to work in patches to get the coverage I needed, because after about a minute, it was dry. Application is best with a dense brush. It's a velvet matte finish, so any dry patches I had were magnified. I do skincare before makeup, and I find myself having to reach for my most moisturizing cream to act as a base, which helps a little. I found that it has a medium to full coverage, but I'll lean towards medium, because full coverage just accentuates what imperfections I have.

All these characteristics for this formula (oxidizing, drying, coverage, viscosity) almost matched with the Milani Conceal+perfect 2 in 1 foundation+concealer, even though they have different ingredients. Why would I spend $34 for a foundation that does the same thing as a $11 foundation? I'll admit, Fenty has more than outdone itself on the 40 shade range, but other than that, it's not special. I'll finish the bottle and part ways.

My new favorite foundation of ALL time!

First of all let me say how great it felt being a WOC and be able to walk into Sephora and have MULTIPLE shade choices, not the 1 or 2 brown colors like almost all makeup companies offer.

The coverage is perfect not full not light just how I like it. I have very oily skin and this gave a soft matte coverage all day without sinking into my fine lines which usually happens to me with all matte foundations! And this is the first foundation that matches me perfect everything down to my undertone (I'm color 430) thank you rhianna I will only support this brand when I'm Sephora from now on!