Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I may change my mind on this foundation, though right now I'm not a fan. The colour range in phenomenal - no one else makes warm hades this yellow! They're so hard to find. My issue, however, stems with the formulation. I have a tester of the Fenty primer, so I thought that would help. Though this foundation dries so quickly, it's so tacky, it settles into every pore. Maybe others can post a review of how they get this hobby paint to work. Maybe mixing it with Strobe Cream would work?

on 9/13/2017 1:06:00 AM

I've had a good 4 day to wear out of this foundation and I love it. My skin type is normal, minimum texture, and a few acne spots.

Coverage: It is a good medium and buildable to full. I like to use both a brush and a sponge blender. I first go in with the foundation with a brush after my primer has time to set then lightly pounce with damp beauty blender to give it a not so matte look.

Skin Prep: I don't use it with the Fenty primer since I didn't want a completely matte look. I prep my skin with Charlotte Tilbury magic cream then mix a teeny bit of Mac Strobe redlite cream and the YSL blur primer.

Finish: It looks amazing and doesn't set into any fine lines. And with the right prep you can go matte or with a soft dewy look.

Wear: It does wear well for 5-6 hours before I need to blot. I Iive in Houston so that's pretty good. Overall the foundation will look great for the most part even after 9-1 hours. However it doesn't break down around my nostrils but all foundation does that too.

Overall: Very impressive light weight long lasting foundation. A+ for me.

on 9/13/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Great color range, but I am disappointed in the formula of this foundation. It does not seem to play well over any sunscreen I own. I've tried it over LRP Anthelios spf 50, Glossier, and Biore Watery Essence. It's always a bit patchy and starts to degrade in 4 hours or so. I might give it a go over a light moisturizer when going out in the evening, but for daily wear this is not going to work out.

It has medium coverage.

on 9/14/2017 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I usually have the worst luck finding shades because beauty companies think darker skinned women don't exist or are just red-toned but I found my shade in this line which was absolutely amazing. Like my skin in a bottle!! I used with the Fenty primer and it lasted all day for me (9-10 hrs) on my dry/combo (oily tzone) my tzone got oily after the 6 hr mark but it looked more dewy than greasy. I absolutely love it and will purchase again!!!

The Pro Filter Soft Matte Longwear Foundation is a dream for those that have more oily skin. I also LOVE the range of shades- it seems like they have almost made a shade for everyone. This is definitely a long wear foundation. My skin is overly dry so this mattified it to the point where dry patches appeared on my skin. If you have more oily or even normal skin you will find that this works much better for you. I do wish this had spf, but I'm sure there are many people who prefer not to have spf in their foundation. If you have darker skin tones, oily or normal skin this is worth checking out.

I purchased this foundation in 110 Cool as I am as white as paper and cool toned. I had read and watched a lot of reviews before I chose this shade because I heard that it oxidised and the recommendation was to purchase a shade lighter than what you would normally wear. I am extremely pale so went for the lightest shade.

I applied my Laura Geller primer and then applied this foundation. It applied very well but I found I had to pat it in with my fingers and the coverage just wasn't that great. I could still see my freckles and two acne spots. I applied the second layer and that did nothing to improve the coverage. On me, this coverage is very light and there was no oxidisation as other reviewers had commented. In fact, I looked so pale my neighbour commented on my paleness and asked me if I was sick.

My skin looked lovely as far as blurring effect but the shade was totally wrong. I didn't find that it dried quickly as other reviewers mentioned too, it was quite runny and two pumps covered my entire face and neck. I think I may try adding some Cover FX drops to darken the shade but I am not impressed enough with this foundation to purchase again, I have better.

on 9/15/2017 4:58:00 PM

I think the finish of this foundation is beautiful however it oxidizes terribly and can't seem to find a color that matches well. It is either too orange or too red. After 5/6 hours of wear, my complexion has Completely changed. Otherwise an affordable smooth lightweight foundation. I think I will stick to my promatte loreal foundation for now.

on 9/16/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation retails for $34 US, it contains 1.08 oz of product (standard is 1 oz), and it is housed in a heavy weight frosted glass bottle with a pump.

I have this in the shade 290- medium neutral olive which is a spot on match for me. Probably one of the best foundation matches that I have used. The other foundations that match me well are NARS Stromboli, GA Luminous Silk in #6 ( to get a perfect match I have to mix 2 parts shade #6 with one part shade #5.75) and Cover FX G50+.

I currently have oily-normal skin. My skin is well hydrated and exfoliated. This foundation has a soft matte finish and I believe designed for oily or normal skin. I can see why it wouldn't work for people with dry or skin texture issues. For me, it doesn't dry out my skin but it doesn't moisturize it either. On my skin, it gives me medium coverage, feels light on the skin, and a soft smooth matte finish. It is buildable to full coverage on me. It takes 1.5 pumps to cover my entire face and I go in with .5 pump to spot conceal. I don't feel the need to add additional concealer.

The true color of the foundation is after it sets on the face. In it's liquid form it is about a 1/2 shade to 1 shade lighter. After it sets I didn't notice is getting any darker. Something to keep in mind whem choosing a shade.

The foundation itself is very liquidity buy well pigmented. The foundation sets really fast so I found it best to work I sections or use a big foundation brush that will allow you to blend quickly. My favorite brush to use with this is Sigma 3DHD Max Kabuki.

I don't feel the need to set this with powder. It looks matte enough for me. It last about 6 hours before my skin gets oily. I just using blotting sheets or powder to get rid of the shine. My foundation is still in tact after I blot the oil. I can get about 10 hours of wear with this foundation. I am sure I can prolong the wear if I used setting powder or spray but I am lazy.

I am acne prone and have been using this for 5 days straight with no issues. At this point if a foundation were to cause me to break out or clogged pores it would have shown up by now.

Overall, I love this foundation. It works really well with my skin type. It's a huge plus that the shade match is perfect.

on 9/16/2017 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Fragrance!!!

on 9/16/2017 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first time that I bought a product because of its bad reviews here. Why? It is because a lot of people ranted about the product being too dry. Well, this for me and other oily gals is not a bad thing. Let me go a bit deeper. When your face, with or without makeup, turns into a grease pan, you would appreciate a bit of oil control. This product reminded me of the Chanel Double something or another that has been discontinued close to a decade. This also reminded me of the original Revlon Colorstay before its few reformulations. Unlike those old foundations however, this product is watery which I like. It provides good coverage and it is buildable. I suggest a bit of moisturizing concealer under the eyes. The product dries fast so I suggest good old fingers in fast action. I think sponge and brush would eat up this product and can cause waste. Of course, I did not use the Fenty brush so my testimony about the brush can be negated easily. The shade 260 was a perfect match for me. Although MAC considers me NC30, I have more neutral skin tone. Last, but not least, although I wouldn't buy makeup just because of the celebrity whose name is on it, I make an exception this time. I love Rihanna and her work so once again, she made me proud!