Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I double cleanse and this is my first step. A lot of cleansers irritate my eyes but not this one. It removes my makeup gently and quickly. Packaging great and sanitary: spatula so you don’t have to dip your fingers in. I’m on my 3rd tub of this and a little goes a long way so that says a lot. It doesn’t dry my skin out either. Great product

on 2/11/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this cleanser when I received a sample. This gentle cleaner is easy to use and gentle on my sensitive skin and really is effective removing make up. Though a bit pricy, I am a convert and my Cetaphil is on the shelf for other day.

on 1/18/2018 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have dry, sensitive skin, and I love a good cleansing balm. I like Clinique's but Clinque is not cruelty-free, so I won't purchase. Others have bothered my eyes, some leave a film on my skin. This one is great. It removes my makeup gently, doesn't irritate my skin (or eyes!), and doesn't leave a residue. Not drying at all, and it only takes minimal effort - no tugging or scrubbing. Ideally I would take off a half a star because I think it's overly fragranced (although that doesn't seem to hurt my skin, and it is a nice sort of fresh lime scent), but that's the only possible gripe I can think of. I also like the It Cosmetics cleansing balm, but Farmacy is a little cheaper per ounce if you're paying full price. Both are excellent though and I alternate between them. Highly recommend.

on 1/3/2018 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

You know how eye makeup can turn you into looking like a racoon? Especially if you don't take it off at night?
Well, as I normally only wear is mascara, a bit of eye liner and lip balm (I'm so glam), before I go to bed I wash my face with warm water and a soft cloth. That's it.
In the morning, I just use the shampoo in the shower to wash my face. In the past I used Shisedo Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam as I use the entire Shiseido Benefiance line of products, but that's a whole different review.
At any rate, lot of the time shampoo doesn't get all of the eye make up from under the eyes and then I look like Alice Cooper and a racoon had a baby back in 1967.

This is where this little tub of magic comes in.

Right after I step out of the shower and right after I do the old towel turban thing I grab this little tub of Green Clean makeup meltaway cleansing balm and lightly dab it under my eyes and anywhere my mascara may have ran. I just leave it there while I towel dry my hair.
Then I take a warm cloth and gently wipe away my inner animal...or is it my spirit animal? I don't know. Racoons are cute little garbage bandits...trash pandas...whatever...I like them but I don't want to look like one.

What I like about this stuff is that it is gentle and effective. Obviously you never want to scrub under your eyes, especially when you hit my age, and with this balm, the old makeup just slides right off - no scrubbing.

I honestly can't imagine using it on my entire face. I keep it strictly for eye makeup removal.

I would recommend this to a friend.

on 10/7/2017 1:35:00 AM

I liked this at first. It removes makeup with ease and did not dry out my skin.
But after about 2 months of daily use I started to notice clogged pores and breakouts :(
I used the hot cloth method and would double cleanse if I was wearing heavy makeup.
Not sure my skin liked the scent either. Not great for oily skin.

on 9/4/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been really into cleansing balms lately and this, along with Clinique's Take the Day Off, is one of my favorites. I got it as a deluxe sample, and one of the first things I noticed is the smell. I usually don't like fragrance in my beauty products, but I found Green Clean to be really pleasantly fragranced. It also removes my eye makeup really easily, doesn't sting my eyes or dry out my skin and, most importantly, doesn't break me out.

on 8/31/2017 10:20:00 PM

I love this stuff! I've been on a bit of a cleanser craze lately and this is definitely a hit. I purchased it as a first step for a 2 step cleanse, and used it that way initially, but I have come to realize, it works just beautifully all on its own. A little bit goes a long way (despite the instructions saying to apply a generous amount). It really glides on nicely, removes full face makeup very well; including eye makeup. (not sure about waterproof as I don't use waterproof eye stuff). But literally everything is removed. Massage it into your skin, rinse with warm water, a quick wipe with a bamboo cloth (just what I do), and Im left with skin that feels cleansed, smooth, and best of all; not dry or stripped. I dont have sensitive skin but it leans to dryer (mature skin) and this does not dry it out at all. Quite the opposite actually. It really has become a favourite of mine; also eliminating eye makeup remover which I always used before any cleanse. It has pushed all my oil cleansers aside; I much prefer this to using an oil first cleanse now. The packaging is nice, if you are ok with jars, and it comes with a little spatula attached to the inside cover. It apparently has anti oxidants etc, but I don't put much faith in those items in a cleanser as they aren't on your skin long enough. It does exactly what I wanted it to do, and then some; leaves my skin feeling refreshed, soft and clean. It does have a fragrance, which I personally like, but keep that in mind if you are not a fragrance fan. It smells very light and "fresh", nothing over bearing.

Ingredients: in case you are interested. I know some are concerned with this :)
Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Peg-10 Isostearate, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Amino Esters-1, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Amber Powder, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water/ Aqua/ Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Disodium Phosphate, Citric Acid