Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm

on 10/7/2017 1:35:00 AM

I liked this at first. It removes makeup with ease and did not dry out my skin.
But after about 2 months of daily use I started to notice clogged pores and breakouts :(
I used the hot cloth method and would double cleanse if I was wearing heavy makeup.
Not sure my skin liked the scent either. Not great for oily skin.

on 9/4/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been really into cleansing balms lately and this, along with Clinique's Take the Day Off, is one of my favorites. I got it as a deluxe sample, and one of the first things I noticed is the smell. I usually don't like fragrance in my beauty products, but I found Green Clean to be really pleasantly fragranced. It also removes my eye makeup really easily, doesn't sting my eyes or dry out my skin and, most importantly, doesn't break me out.

on 8/31/2017 10:20:00 PM

I love this stuff! I've been on a bit of a cleanser craze lately and this is definitely a hit. I purchased it as a first step for a 2 step cleanse, and used it that way initially, but I have come to realize, it works just beautifully all on its own. A little bit goes a long way (despite the instructions saying to apply a generous amount). It really glides on nicely, removes full face makeup very well; including eye makeup. (not sure about waterproof as I don't use waterproof eye stuff). But literally everything is removed. Massage it into your skin, rinse with warm water, a quick wipe with a bamboo cloth (just what I do), and Im left with skin that feels cleansed, smooth, and best of all; not dry or stripped. I dont have sensitive skin but it leans to dryer (mature skin) and this does not dry it out at all. Quite the opposite actually. It really has become a favourite of mine; also eliminating eye makeup remover which I always used before any cleanse. It has pushed all my oil cleansers aside; I much prefer this to using an oil first cleanse now. The packaging is nice, if you are ok with jars, and it comes with a little spatula attached to the inside cover. It apparently has anti oxidants etc, but I don't put much faith in those items in a cleanser as they aren't on your skin long enough. It does exactly what I wanted it to do, and then some; leaves my skin feeling refreshed, soft and clean. It does have a fragrance, which I personally like, but keep that in mind if you are not a fragrance fan. It smells very light and "fresh", nothing over bearing.

Ingredients: in case you are interested. I know some are concerned with this :)
Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Peg-10 Isostearate, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Amino Esters-1, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Amber Powder, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Water/ Aqua/ Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Echinacea Purpurea Root Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Disodium Phosphate, Citric Acid