Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm

3.6

on 9/3/2018 4:42:00 AM

Although this is one of the few cleansing balms that didn't break me out in massive acne (instead, just smaller closed comedones), I still didn't find it to be very effective. It broke through makeup decently, but it didn't feel oily enough to really do a thorough cleanse. Instead, I found myself using this 2-3 times over to get everything off—not ideal. It's lightly fragrant and smells pretty good, but that isn't too significant relative to its other cons.

on 8/26/2018 3:08:00 PM

This is an effective cleansing balm with a pretty mint green colour. It is close to unscented and suitable for sensitive skin and around the eyes. I personally found the packaging a little cheap for the price, it seems like it was always greasy and the label slid off eventually. Other than that, this is a good cleansing balm, especially if you are looking for one that is very gentle.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

While I really did love the way this left my skin feeling, I’m not crazy about the texture. After cleansing with this, my skin felt amazing; very clean, smooth, protecting and nourished. I think I might just have to get used to the texture of this and how it feels while using the product to cleanse the skin.I did find that I loved this a bit more when I did the Korean Double Cleanse method and followed this up with my Guerlain Ochidee Cleansing Foam.

on 8/1/2018 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

this is a good product, it removes makeup including my eye makeup, is gentle and doesn't dry skin out nor does the balm make it feel oily or leave a residue. it's also $34 dollars and I buy just as many high-end items as I do drugstore items but with this, save your 34 dollars. there are less expensive balms that are just as effective as this. boots no 7 cleansing balm is amazing and 8 dollars at Ulta and Walgreens. shea Moisture balm is really good and like 12 dollars. save your money and pass on this. I've learned over the years that very few expensive cleaners really have much over the inexpensive cleansers except their brand name and their marketing to people that they can convince to buy their product because no other products can compare. pass for a less expensive balm because it's going to work just fine

on 6/13/2018 8:15:00 PM

I bought this as it has non-comedogenic and non-irritating ingredients, and from amazing reviews, but I'm not in love. I feel like it doesnt effectively remove makeup just by massaging the balm in and rinsing it off (is there such a product that does this?) It definately works better when you use a wash cloth to remove the balm as the first step to a double cleanse. I've done a double cleanse with just my current face wash alone (1 st step wiih a washcloth, 2nd cleanse without), and it yielded the same results, so this cleansing balm was not necessary. Also, Sometimes it dried out my face and other times it didnt. As for packaging, I like how it came with a spatula and thats about it. I dont really care to judge it as it serves it purpose lol I will finish this product but I wont repurchase this because it is not what i think a cleansing balm should be. I believe a cleansing balm should effectively remove makeup without having to use a washcloth. I do reccomend it for light makeup days, but not glam days/night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Another okay product with a hefty price tag. Not worth it.

on 4/28/2018 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. I use this as my first cleanse as it's so gentle yet so effective in removing makeup including waterproof mascara. It has a pleasant smell and I especially love how easily it melts makeup. The spatula is super handy in keep it all hygienic. This also leaves my skin very plumped and not feeling stripped. I have dry skin and this is something I require in any cleansers or makeup removers. Yes it is a tad pricey but honestly a little goes a long away. A cheaper alternative would be the Body Shop chamomile cleanser which has similar properties

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had high hopes, but could tell as I was massaging this into my lashes that my non-waterproof mascara was not dissolving at all. I had to follow up with another makeup remover.

on 4/14/2018 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is what I use as a first step at night to remove my makeup (followed by the Body Shop tea tree foaming face wash) and its an absolute treat to use! It is pricey for a cleanser but I just love the sorbet like texture which you can scoop with a spatula and apply to your face with light massaging strokes. I like the smell and how it just melts onto my skin and effectively removes 90% of my face and eye makeup. I like to use it most when I have worn a full face of makeup and find that it it isn’t irritating to my sensitive eyes which is so hard to find in a cleanser. I simply go in with a little water massage a little more and then wash off. It’s such a lovely way to cleanse, it cleans really well and it isn’t drying on my combination skin. After cleansing my skin ‘feels’ clean and neutral if that makes sense. At this point I use a foaming face wash followed by a light cleansing water to remove any traces of cleanser residue (if any) and then go on to apply my nightly skincare products. I am currently using the Omorovizca Essence and the rejuvenating night cream and loving the results with this combination.

I have mixed feelings about this, but I do see good applications and purpose for this product. This is a very effective cleanser that effortlessly melts away all your makeup (including waterproof eye makeup) and easily wipes off before you do a second wash at night. But I don't like the packaging. You have to repeatedly dip your hands into it and scoop it up like a cold cream, and makeup transfer from my hands gets mixed into it leaving a mess in the jar. The texture is a bit greasy so the makeup from your hands just melts into it leaving a mushy brown mess inside the jar, like a slushy snowy day. I think this would be great on a long flight, road trip, weekend at the cottage when you need to wash your face without access to water. It's compact and easy to carry, but I would prefer makeup wipes or micellar water to this (more hygienic options).