Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm

3.8

on 6/13/2018 8:15:00 PM

I bought this as it has non-comedogenic and non-irritating ingredients, and from amazing reviews, but I'm not in love. I feel like it doesnt effectively remove makeup just by massaging the balm in and rinsing it off (is there such a product that does this?) It definately works better when you use a wash cloth to remove the balm as the first step to a double cleanse. I've done a double cleanse with just my current face wash alone (1 st step wiih a washcloth, 2nd cleanse without), and it yielded the same results, so this cleansing balm was not necessary. Also, Sometimes it dried out my face and other times it didnt. As for packaging, I like how it came with a spatula and thats about it. I dont really care to judge it as it serves it purpose lol I will finish this product but I wont repurchase this because it is not what i think a cleansing balm should be. I believe a cleansing balm should effectively remove makeup without having to use a washcloth. I do reccomend it for light makeup days, but not glam days/night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Another okay product with a hefty price tag. Not worth it.

on 4/28/2018 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff. I use this as my first cleanse as it's so gentle yet so effective in removing makeup including waterproof mascara. It has a pleasant smell and I especially love how easily it melts makeup. The spatula is super handy in keep it all hygienic. This also leaves my skin very plumped and not feeling stripped. I have dry skin and this is something I require in any cleansers or makeup removers. Yes it is a tad pricey but honestly a little goes a long away. A cheaper alternative would be the Body Shop chamomile cleanser which has similar properties

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had high hopes, but could tell as I was massaging this into my lashes that my non-waterproof mascara was not dissolving at all. I had to follow up with another makeup remover.

on 4/14/2018 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is what I use as a first step at night to remove my makeup (followed by the Body Shop tea tree foaming face wash) and its an absolute treat to use! It is pricey for a cleanser but I just love the sorbet like texture which you can scoop with a spatula and apply to your face with light massaging strokes. I like the smell and how it just melts onto my skin and effectively removes 90% of my face and eye makeup. I like to use it most when I have worn a full face of makeup and find that it it isn’t irritating to my sensitive eyes which is so hard to find in a cleanser. I simply go in with a little water massage a little more and then wash off. It’s such a lovely way to cleanse, it cleans really well and it isn’t drying on my combination skin. After cleansing my skin ‘feels’ clean and neutral if that makes sense. At this point I use a foaming face wash followed by a light cleansing water to remove any traces of cleanser residue (if any) and then go on to apply my nightly skincare products. I am currently using the Omorovizca Essence and the rejuvenating night cream and loving the results with this combination.

I have mixed feelings about this, but I do see good applications and purpose for this product. This is a very effective cleanser that effortlessly melts away all your makeup (including waterproof eye makeup) and easily wipes off before you do a second wash at night. But I don't like the packaging. You have to repeatedly dip your hands into it and scoop it up like a cold cream, and makeup transfer from my hands gets mixed into it leaving a mess in the jar. The texture is a bit greasy so the makeup from your hands just melts into it leaving a mushy brown mess inside the jar, like a slushy snowy day. I think this would be great on a long flight, road trip, weekend at the cottage when you need to wash your face without access to water. It's compact and easy to carry, but I would prefer makeup wipes or micellar water to this (more hygienic options).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I double cleanse and this is my first step. A lot of cleansers irritate my eyes but not this one. It removes my makeup gently and quickly. Packaging great and sanitary: spatula so you don’t have to dip your fingers in. I’m on my 3rd tub of this and a little goes a long way so that says a lot. It doesn’t dry my skin out either. Great product

on 2/11/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this cleanser when I received a sample. This gentle cleaner is easy to use and gentle on my sensitive skin and really is effective removing make up. Though a bit pricy, I am a convert and my Cetaphil is on the shelf for other day.

on 1/18/2018 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have dry, sensitive skin, and I love a good cleansing balm. I like Clinique's but Clinque is not cruelty-free, so I won't purchase. Others have bothered my eyes, some leave a film on my skin. This one is great. It removes my makeup gently, doesn't irritate my skin (or eyes!), and doesn't leave a residue. Not drying at all, and it only takes minimal effort - no tugging or scrubbing. Ideally I would take off a half a star because I think it's overly fragranced (although that doesn't seem to hurt my skin, and it is a nice sort of fresh lime scent), but that's the only possible gripe I can think of. I also like the It Cosmetics cleansing balm, but Farmacy is a little cheaper per ounce if you're paying full price. Both are excellent though and I alternate between them. Highly recommend.

on 1/3/2018 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

You know how eye makeup can turn you into looking like a racoon? Especially if you don't take it off at night?
Well, as I normally only wear is mascara, a bit of eye liner and lip balm (I'm so glam), before I go to bed I wash my face with warm water and a soft cloth. That's it.
In the morning, I just use the shampoo in the shower to wash my face. In the past I used Shisedo Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam as I use the entire Shiseido Benefiance line of products, but that's a whole different review.
At any rate, lot of the time shampoo doesn't get all of the eye make up from under the eyes and then I look like Alice Cooper and a racoon had a baby back in 1967.

This is where this little tub of magic comes in.

Right after I step out of the shower and right after I do the old towel turban thing I grab this little tub of Green Clean makeup meltaway cleansing balm and lightly dab it under my eyes and anywhere my mascara may have ran. I just leave it there while I towel dry my hair.
Then I take a warm cloth and gently wipe away my inner animal...or is it my spirit animal? I don't know. Racoons are cute little garbage bandits...trash pandas...whatever...I like them but I don't want to look like one.

What I like about this stuff is that it is gentle and effective. Obviously you never want to scrub under your eyes, especially when you hit my age, and with this balm, the old makeup just slides right off - no scrubbing.

I honestly can't imagine using it on my entire face. I keep it strictly for eye makeup removal.

I would recommend this to a friend.