Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick - Amulet

Urban Decay Vice Liquid Lipstick - Amulet

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a mini of this as a 100-pt perk. I am not really a liquid lipstick person but the shade appealed to me. It is a beautiful brick rose color, i am NC 30, and i feel very pretty in this. It really lasts (for hours) but feels light and comfortable. I put this on and forgot about it......meaning i did not have to re-apply. This would be perfect for a workday, for an event, or anytime you may not want to be bothered with touch-ups. I applied one coat and went on about my day. Smooth lips are a must with this so i scrubbed my lips with a wet washcloth. Then i apply a lipbalm and leave it on a few minutes, then wipe lips clean. The key here is having smooth, clean lips before application. That is a good idea with lipcolor in general, but is a must with liquid lipsticks. This is a beautiful shade that goes on true and has staying power while still wearing comfortably. I can see this shade looking beautiful on many skintones. I used my mini several times and i have already bought a full size. I will keep the full size at home and carry the mini in my purse.

Love this liquid lippie it lasted hours on me without drying my lips nor feeling uncomfortable. About me NW20, blonde hair, green eyes, very cool undertones for reference. This shade is so pretty I love how it's a metallic rosy brown I guess I could say. It's definitely a 90's shade but I didn't wear metallics in the 90's lol. But this shade is just gorgeous and one light coat covered well and lasts for hours without any issues like peeling or just the texture changing. It's very light so I didn't realize I still had it on when I thought I didn't it was that comfy. I'm really happy with these Vice liquid lippies I would buy another shade or a backup with no issues. It goes so well with my fair skintone. They wear very light on my lips, and they last. Love.

on 8/25/2017 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amulet was one of the 100 point gifts at Sephora this month. It is a lovely brick rose color, very flattering and easy to wear, as a color. I found it to be very drying, as "suck up all the moisture in a ten foot radius" drying, though. I grabbed some drugstore lip balm asap--it was that uncomfortable! Once I had some balm over it (and I used one coat, FWIW) it was much more comfortable. Note that it looked fine, with or without the balm on top. The staying power seems quite high...I had a glass of wine within a few minutes of application and I could tell the balm transferred a bit but the Amulet stayed on my lips, not my glass. Low nontransferability is a huge plus in my book--I can always reapply some lip balm.

I probably wouldn't buy a full size of this--I need comfort more than staying power, and I do prefer some shine. If you like the matte look, this might be a keeper, though. It does what it says on the tin and Amulet seems like it would be flattering to most skin types.

on 9/1/2017 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a 100 point perk from Sephora with a recent purchase. It's not a shade I would typically choose for myself, but that's the great thing about samples, it's a great way to go outside ones comfort zone and experiment. The shade Amulet is described as metalized brick rose. As a previous reviewer noted, this is a brownish lipstick, very reminiscent of shades that were popular in the 90's. I as well I found this to be more flattering than the 90's browns, at least on my nc15-20 skin. This has something else in common with lipsticks from the 90's, it's super drying bordering on uncomfortable. If you were around in that era and of age to wear makeup remember the excitement of that first generation of long wear lip color, and how drying they were. This is just as drying as those. It's a nice shade. On me this lasts a few hours and through a cup of coffee, or a soda, but won't last all day. 4 stars just because it's so drying.

on 8/16/2017 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got a travel size of the Urban Decay Liquid Lipstick in Amulet from Sephora. I followed the directions on how to apply. I wear 2 coats. This not only lasted through lunch and dinner, but when I tried to remove it in my evening shower (with Philosophy Purity Made Simple), it did not come all off! I have since bought the full size ( I love the color also), and I just ordered the same color in the regular lipstick. I have used long wearing liquid lip/lipstick products before, but nothing like this - I recommend this very highly.

*air horn noise* UD's Vice is the only liquid lipstick I can honestly be bothered with and Amulet is a very flattering brick rose--walking the line between vampy and classy. I like layering it with other lipsticks; it blends quite well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Urban Decay excels with their lip products and their Vice Liquid Lipstick is no exception.
I love the regular Vice lipsticks so when I saw the liquid version at a UD free standing store, I had to check them out. I ended up getting Amulet which is a rose brick shade (I've been on a neutral every day lip shade kick as of late) and it's the best liquid lipstick formula I've tried so far.
I should note that I can't wear true matte lipsticks so that rules out just about every liquid lipstick out there. They're best suited for smooth, full, unlined lips.
Believe me, nothing is more unattractive than seeing my lip lines emphasized with liquid lipsticks.

UD's offering is more creamy and moisturizing and it reminds me of Sephora's lip creams.
The flip side of this is that they don't have the staying power of the other liquid lipsticks out there but you know what that means. Yep, cakey and dry looking lips. (for me anyways)

This doesn't mean UD's Vice Liquid lipstick is gone after my first cup of coffee. Its staying power is better than that. It will last through my first cup of coffee and even my second but it's definitely gone by lunch time.
It wears off evenly without that dreaded ring around the lips.
I definitely need to exfoliate and prep my lips beforehand, otherwise those dreaded flakes are emphasized.

Overall, I like UD's liquid lipsticks and Amulet is a great neutral workhorse lip shade. It reminds me of the lipsticks I used to wear in the '90s when brown lips were all the rage. Fortunately, Amulet isn't that dead brown colour as the rose in it keeps me looking like a corpse.

There is no fragrance which is a big plus for those of us who hate scented lip products.
Retail price is $21 CAD which is slightly cheaper than the offerings from Anastasia, Tarte, Kat von D.