4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Surprisingly long wearing. I was really impressed. This rivals Maybelline's Colour sensational lines, which are my go to. And you can't beat essence prices.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I got mine in the colour wow effect which was much more of a bright berry pink than I'd thought when I swatched it, while I didn't expect it to be this colour I ended up really loving it. The lipstick is quite matte without being drying or hard and feels smooth, it's not completely transfer proof but in saying that it lasts a good 5 hours without rubbing off. Would definitely repurchase this.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I reaaaallllyy like these lipsticks. A lot more than I thought I might. I have these in three shades - 02 Perfect Match, 03 Wow Effect, and a killer green shade whose name I can't recall but I love it. Perfect Match is a gorgeous mauve nude, which looks very flattering against a variety of skin tones. Unfortunately, I'm a dope and left it in my gym bag in my car. All day. In the South. So it melted and got a weird oily wax covering it, so I'll need to replace it. (Not a big deal at $2.99 a pop!) Wow Effect is my favorite though. It's a pretty, neutral pink shade that brightens up my whole look without making too much of a statement. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, bold lip. But this is perfect for days when I want to keep it more toned down. It makes my teeth look whiter too. The formula is smooth, buttery, and non-drying. It's mostly matte, but has a wee bit of a satin touch to it that makes it look really flattering on the lips, with no accentuation of lines or dry spots. It's mostly opaque with one coat, but I always apply multiple coats no matter what lipstick I'm wearing, blotting on a tissue in between. The packaging is pretty and of good quality. It's sturdy, the bullet swivels all the way down, and I appreciate the color-coordinated cap! I love just tossing these in my bag on days where I'm feeling fickle with my lip color and want options, and I know they won't open up and ruin everything, haha! At $2.99 per tube, I am sort of taken aback at how good these are. For something that cheap to perform that beautifully is really special. These beat the Milani Moisture Matte lipsticks for drugstore mattes, if you ask me.

About reviewer (514 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Mm..mm! These are so soft and silky! They are just what you need when you want some color but nothing fussy. I have Wow Effect and on me it is a mauvy pink (leaning VERY cool)...it gives me that rosebud looking lip. It actually looks really pretty without lip liner..just pop it on and go!

About reviewer (280 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I own almost all of these and they are really excellent. I have written detailed individual reviews for many of them if you look them up here. In general, these are creamy, thick, opaquely pigmented semi-mattes with a classic yet modern selection of shades. Don't miss shades 2-Perfect Match and 3-Wow Effect if you only want to try a couple of more modern/sophisticated colors. These are similar to WnW's MegaLast line with much better packaging (bullet is pointed, swivels down all the way, better case) but they don't last quite as long generally. They also have a fruity/sweet scent that isn't my favorite (MegaLast is unscented), but I live with it. These are $4.50 at Shopper's here in Canada. I highly recommend you check them out.

About reviewer (279 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2.0

3 years ago

I have the shade 02 Beauty - approved! which looked nice and nude, brown with a hint of pink in it. When I applied it on my lips, it looked - orange?! In order to somehow fix it, I apply it on my lips and then tap it away using a tissue/toilet paper. By doing this, the orange fades away, and I remain with a somewhat brownish nude. The lipstick is creamy, and not matt at all. It doesn't dry, and if you apply too much, it looks weird. The finish is velvety. The staying power is weak. Some people might probably notice the smell - it's strong, weird and unusual, I've never smelled something like it; but; I do like it.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I bought 02 "Perfect Match" for only $5.05 CAD. It's an exact DUPE for "Sephora13" Liquid Lipstick at a 3rd of the price. Totally pigmented, covers my imperfections & lasts hours. Oh, & does NOT dry my lips out. The packaging is nice too. The cover is the color of the lipstick itself. Will certainly re-purchase more colors in this line.

About reviewer (334 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Despite the name, these lipsticks are anything but Matt Matt Matt. They're actually quite creamy with a semi-matte finish which means they're not drying. My mature lips can't wear true matte lipsticks anymore so these are perfect. I have two shades: 03 - Wow Effect 05 - Redy or Not Wow Effect is a pinky/brown that's perfect for an every day look whereas Redy or Not is a blue based cherry/pink red. They both go on beautifully without tugging and the pigment is decent. Staying power is so so and both are gone after a cup of coffee. The price point can't be beat at $4.49 CAD per tube. Essence has a lot of hidden gems and these lipsticks are worth checking out.

About reviewer (681 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Not sure if this is a new collection from Essence Cosmetics brand but I just found it in the store recently. Totally impulse purchase and I love it. The formula is so soft, buttery and super lightweight. Pigmentation is excellent. It's not a complete matte, it has a slight sheen to it, moisturizing enough even if you don't have any lip balm before applying this. Totally impressed! Being a drugstore cosmetics, I didn't expect this to last long on my lips, but if I don't eat or drink anything, I believe this lipstick is good for 6-7 hours. But please expect that this lipstick bleeds on the edge of your lips, also it didn't stay put. It's also transfer and could be messy if you're not careful. Well, it's priced at RM15.90 in Malaysia, so I never expect this to be as good as the high end brands. Oh, forgot to mention that this lipstick has a very nice scent. It smells exactly like my Bond 007 fragrance.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35