wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 8/8/2018 2:48:00 PM

I have this lipstick in 925B "Give Me Mocha." This product was $5 at my local Walmart.
I LOVE THIS!! This liquid lip is so much better than I expected it to be! I don't usually buy makeup products of any sort in drugstores or grocery stores since I thought makeup was only good if you got it from places like Sephora or Ulta Beauty, but call me a believer now! This has instantly become my favorite lipstick out of my entire arsenal, and trust me, I have an arsenal! This lipstick drys, is VERY matte, and will stay in place with minimal touch ups. If I'm going out to eat, I don't even bring the lipstick along because it refuses to come off even when I eat something like pancakes with syrup or chili.
As I said, this lipstick is DEFINITELY matte. I'm very, very into that, but if you aren't, this lipstick will probably not be the one for you. This product will dry down and stay in place beautifully.
The texture is sometimes a bit patchy, especially if you have dry skin on your lips, but I find if I brush my lips with my toothbrush and moisturize well before bed, Liquid Catsuit goes on, stays on, and looks perfect!
The applicator is doe foot, which I've found is the best for "lining" my lips with the product before filling in. I love to define my cupid's bow and lip line before smearing this product on my actual lips. I haven't had an feathering or smudging with this method at all!
The packaging is definitely cute, but I love the "bullet" look in a lipstick packaging and the traditional shape being invisible looks wonderful with this.
I've got extremely sensitive skin, but lipsticks usually don't bother me as long as I don't over line my lips by even a bit. However, this lipstick has passed the skin test because I love adding a bit more volume to my thin upper lip to compensate for my thick bottom lip. I'm almost certain it's because the product is 100% vegan and cruelty-free, meaning the ingredients are all vegan and they test their product on humans rather than animals.
Believe me when I say I absolutely, without a doubt will be buying this product again. I feel like I've met my soulmate in the form of a liquid lipstick!

on 5/28/2018 2:19:00 PM

I just love these I bought quite a few colors the formula is perfect not drying super pigmented long wearing affordable what more can I say my fav color is “Behind the bleachers” I have “berry recognize” “ nice to fushia” and “give me mocha” “rebel rose” .. get it you won’t regret it , the price is right

on 5/13/2018 9:39:00 AM

These are wonderful. My favorite way to wear these is to dab a tiny dot of product on my lower and upper lip and rub it in with my finger. My lips get a wash of color without the appearance of texture, the color lasts a long time (most of the day, unless I eat greasy meals), and I don't experience crumbling or flaking off. When I use the doe foot applicator to swipe this on my lips, the color is very pigmented but can also get that textured lip look which I'm not a fan of. It can also crumble when I wear it that way- I assume because I've accidentally put too much on which is easy to do if you use the applicator. I've had Nudist Peach and Give Me Pink in my drawer for a long time and didn't like how they looked on me with the doefoot applicator approach, so it dawned on me to use a tiny amount and rub it in with my finger. Now I wear these colors all the time. I'm really happy with this product.

on 3/26/2018 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have the shade Rebel Rose. It’s a beautiful MLBB dusty mid tone mauve against my NW13 skin. I really like the formula, it’s not super thick and it dries to a nice matte finish. And as long as I don’t apply too much then it definitely won’t transfer. I also really like the applicator. Overall a great drugstore liquid lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick (Shade- Rebel Rose) @wetnwildbeauty
@mynykaa
The brand claims the lipstick to be Lightweight yet long stay. It Glides on like butter, highly pigmented and doesn't dry up the lips.

My views- (Swipe for swatches)
- Wet n Wild is one my favourite drugstore brands and it's Catsuit lipstick didn't disappoint me.
- ‎ This Lipstick actually feels like second skin and did not dry or crack my lips which usually mattes do.
- ‎I applied it in the morning and it literally stayed the whole day even after lunch. I Love the formula.
- ‎It's highly pigmented yet feels soft on the lips.
- ‎The lipstick doesn't smudge.
- I wear this Lipstick like on daily basis and is on my favourite list right now.
- ‎This Lipstick is worth your penny and is in budget.
- ‎The brand launched only 6 shades in India. I hope they do more soon.
Price - Rs 499
Will i repurchase? Yes i want to try more shades.

on 3/6/2018 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update 05/13/18: I recently also picked up Lavender Crown and Loose Change. Both of them are also pretty great, but I think Lavender Crown might be a little less pigmented than I expected. A second layer goes on fine, though. I feel like Loose Change wears off faster than the other colors I have, so I probably won't be buying it again.**

This is a review for Flame of the Game and Nudist Peach.

I bought Flame of the Game last year, I think when these first became available in stores, and instantly fell in love. It was the red lip color I'd been searching for (orange-leaning, instead of blue), and after years of looking and wasting money, I finally found the right shade.

I like that it's pretty bright, but not really neon-bright. The application is pretty smooth, and it lasts a really long time, even through eating and drinking. I sometimes do have to do a minor touch up after a few hours, but I expect that and have no complaints about it. This stuff is surprisingly comfortable for a liquid matte at such a low price. I've also tried one of the Nyx ones, and I loved it, but now I think I prefer Wet n Wild's Liquid Catsuits.

I really, really don't advise using this with a liner, though. I've tried it and it always ends up streaking outside my lips for some reason. But, because of the shape of the doe foot applicator on these, it's pretty easy to wipe off most of the product and use the tip to line your lips, then pick up the product and fill in.I like that a lot because it saves me some time and it's one less thing I need to carry with me.

Nudist Peach, omg! I'm super fair with neutral to warm undertones (for reference, Maybelline's FitMe M&P in Porcelain, L'Oreal True Match in W1, and Too Faced BTW in Swan are all too dark, but M&P is probably the closest match, with Swan being about 1.5-2 shades too dark), and I've probably tried 10-15 nude lip shades over the last few years. They were all either too pink or too...beige-y grey, I guess, and I looked like a corpse, or it just looked like pink lipstick.

This shade, though, is perfect. It's the nude lip color I've dreamed about. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, but just different enough to be interesting. It isn't too dark or too light, it's not a bright shade, and it doesn't make my face look weird and sick. It's a nice, warm shade that I can easily wear during the day for a simple shade and minimal makeup, or for going out with a more bold eye look.

So, if you're warmer undertoned and fair, and you've also had no luck finding a good nude lip color, I highly recommend trying this one.

I've only worn this 2-3 times so far, but so far I really like it. The application is smooth, the wear time is impressive, and it's very comfortable, just like FOTG.

My only kind-of-complaint about these is that neither ever quite feels like it's dry. They don't transfer very much (mostly just from the very innermost part of my lip onto a straw or something), but they still feel very slightly tacky, even after being on for a long time. It's not really a problem, but it's a strange feeling and took some getting used to.

Just a random tip for removal: If you've tried these (or other liquid matte lipsticks/long-wear lipsticks) and you've had a hard time getting them off at the end of the day, I suggest coconut oil. I tried it on a whim a while back after deciding to not wear FOTG, and it takes the product off in about 3 seconds. Just swipe a teeny bit onto your lips and wipe away with a tissue. I've tried other products in the past and they almost always caused the product to bleed outside my lip line and stain it, or there's been a stain of color left on my actual lips, but the coconut oil hasn't done that so far.

I will definitely be buying more of these in the future as I go through some of my other lipsticks and want to replace shades with longer wearing matte formulas, and I keep recommending these to other people.

Pros:
-Decent wear time
-Comfortable (doesn't make my lips feel dry or like there's a stiff product on them, etc.)
-Pretty cheap
-Nice packaging (I love how the cap kind of locks into place when you close it, and the shape of the applicator is nice and it's also not too big or small)
-Ok shade range (nice mix of warm/cool shades, as well as light to dark shades, and even a few like blue, black, etc.)
-Very little transfer
-Goes on smooth
-One coat has worked out well for me so far, but I can also add a second coat without it getting patchy or heavy
-Unlike the one I tried from Nyx, I can put a light coat of lip balm on before using these without it making the product streak or wear off faster

Cons:
-Mine still feel a little tacky long after they've dried
-Coconut oil is the only thing I've found that removes the last traces of it without making my lips feel raw afterwards (not a big con for me personally, though, because I use coconut oil all the time for stuff like this)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I admit. I may have a bit of a a lipstick thang. I don’t wear much makeup really - some BB cream, sunscreen, eyeliner. But I do love me some lipstick. I’m relentless in my quest for a long long lasting, comfortable, flattering, reasonably priced, non flaking, easy wearing lippie. And this a rare notch in the win column.

color is very vivid for a matte lipstick and thats what i like. I used it for my 80s theme christmas party just yesterday and it really suited that look - big hair, jeans and this lipstick, really nice and made it memorable.

on 12/11/2017 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Why am I just now trying these? WHY????? I want to kick myself for waiting so long. These are awesome. They do not crumble or flake and once dry and it stays put after eating and drinking. It does not suck all the moisture out of my lips (hallelooooo!!). The formula is pigmented, there is no scent and I especially like the applicator - the curved tip helps to get a really clean line around the lip. I have this in Give Me Mocha and I love the shade. I don't really care for any other shades, even red (gasp) but I definitely will repurchase this because at $5 a pop, you cannot beat it. These are better than CP and Coloured Raine.

on 11/27/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this liquid lipstick. I love the texture and it doesn't crumble off. I use very light layers and build. It lasts through drinking and eating and it's priced so perfectly. I like it better than a few higher end matte liquid lipsticks that I have. I love the size too, about the size of a tube of lipstick so it fits in your bag really nicely. Some other brands they are really long and I don't like that personally. I also use a small bag so I just don't have room for big products. I love the matte look, but if I want to add some shine I just use a gloss on top. I would buy this again, and in fact I have. :)