Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in soft brown; a very natural color (pale, dark blonde hair with highlights).
I don't get the applicator, a small spoolie would allow you to see what you're doing much better.
But if you scrape off excess product, this applies well and defines and plumps the brows well.
It tends to clump, but a fresh spoolie will solve that.

But by afternoon, the product clumps the hairs togethe, so instead a full brow, I have strips of clumped together hairs with a hint of color where the rest of the product used to be. Trying to comb that out just causes the stuff to flake off.
I'll keep using it on days I'm not concerned about lasting power, but otherwise, this is a fail for me.
It's a shame, because freshly done, this leaves my sparse brows looking healthy & groomed. Just no staying power.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This stuff is wonderful!!! I saw it on a you tube video and decided to give it a try. I wanted soft brown but they were out so I went with blonde. I have pretty ok brows but I wanted a brow product to shape them a little better. This has really amazing hold. It looks natural, giving definition to the hairs. The blonde shade works great for my natural red hair. I have experienced no flakiness like other reviewers have mentioned. I even love the wacky applicator, it makes it so you apply just the right amount where you want it. I have no complaints and will definitely repurchase. This is the most innovative and amazing product I have ever found in the drugstore. I tried the soft brown shade and it was waaaaay too dark, like burt and ernie dark. but I do like the blonde.

on 10/7/2017 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm somewhat surprised by the low ratings. I am loving this porduct. I bought it in 260-Deep Brown and its a real brown, not reddish brown. As you age, you lose the color and thinning in the brows. This makes mine look fuller without looking like they are "colored". Using the wand leaves a more natural effect, but I did shape my brows by combing through with a eyelash comb. The product didn't smear or wear off during the day. I used Pond's clothes to take it off. Easy peezy. Really great product it the need is as I noted above you might want to try this one.

on 6/27/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Do not be scared of the brush! It is really good at sweeping up eyebrow hairs. This does have fibers in it but they stay in place and do not end up all over your face. The fibers also help brows appear fuller with just this alone. It gives the illusion of more hairs. Paired with another brow product (pomade or pencil) the brows look more natural and fluffier. Great product for sparse or full brows!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this thinking it could be a good replacement for Boy Brow by Glossier and it's honestly terrible. The applicator is weird and doesn't work well, it just smudges product everywhere and the color is 'off'. This gives a very 'cheap' and unnatural look. I'll use up the tube but I'm going back to Glossier.

on 1/16/2017 8:49:00 AM

This is really messy. The wand is so big that it is hard to place the product. I saw that in pictures but thought I'd be able to lightly stroke it on and then brush it through with a clean brush. But it dries too fast. With a really light hand, I wound up with really fake brows. You'd have to have a lot of patience to use this or like a very drawn-on brow look. And the colours are darker than you'd expect. I have dark brown hair and the soft brown was too dark for me. I threw this out after one use.

on 1/2/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great for keeping your brows in place and adding natural looking volume (well, from a reasonable distance).

It's a little gummy -- the product is the same as what they use in their other similar products -- but instead of a spoolie, it's some kind of flat tapered comb. It really works and gives you much better control than a regular spoolie.

I use it over the Brow Define and Fill Duo (both in blond). They do different things, so together the look works really well.

on 11/4/2016 7:13:00 AM

I tried to work with this for a few weeks to give it a fair chance, but yesterday I threw it in the trash so I'm not tempted to keep trying. I was able to get the knack of working with it for the most part after many attempts. My brows are fairly sparse, and while this builds on brows that you have, it looks odd on the barer areas. It looked a bit harsh and fake. I tried using various pencils, gels, etc with it to fill in my brows first. It just took too much work to get it to work, and I had too many days that I had to use makeup remover to take my brows off and rework them because of how awful my brows looked once I put this on. I didn't care for the applicator, I thought the shape made it hard to work with. But the worst part was that it flaked off all day. The little fibers fell off throughout the day,and I would look in the mirror to reapply lipstick and be horrified at what was going on with my brows.

Overall, just not a fan. It's not worth my time. It might be good for fuller brows.

Popular Brows Products