Almay Age Essentials Makeup

Age Essentials Makeup

3.7

on 11/16/2017 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I recently got this in shade 120 light warm. I have dry skin and was hoping for a moisturizing foundation with decent coverage. This is great so far, it glides on easily and is fairly thick like a moisturizer. More coverage than I expected. It is more yellowed toned, this shade matches me well at warm light-medium. So far I really like how this foundation feels.

on 11/16/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yikes. I couldn't even wear this out once. I received the 110 light neutral shade and it was shockingly yellow-tinged. I appreciated the full coverage and almost tacky, stay-put quality, but I looked as though I were preparing my face for a clown costume.

on 8/2/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The drugstore foundation that I really liked was Almay TLC but the shades are too pink for me. I can wear MAC C3 or NC30. In TLC my closest match was Neutral. When I got some color a close match for NC40 was Sand. In Age Essentials my closest match is Light/Medium Warm. It's definitely warmer than TLC Neutral, but still not quite warm enough and it does not wear as long as TLC. It starts to wear off and settle into my pores around midday. I've also noticed that Almay foundations seem to have a shorter shelf life than other foundations. They need to be replaced way before it's all gone. I really wish Almay would offer warmer colors in the TLC line. It'd stick with them forever. I'll keep using this as I continue to look for drugstore C3 and NC30 matches and hopefully I'll find a better match.

on 5/2/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Perfect foundation. Makes my skin look like i have no makeup on. Good coverage that doesn't streak or separate even after major cardio sessions. Perfect shade too. Pump bottle. I can't say enough good things about it. Now that i've oficially said how much i love it, i'm positive it'll dissapear and get discontinued..... that's just my luck. :(

LOVE THIS THOUGH!!!

on 5/29/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

UPDATE: I have grown extremely fond of this foundation. I have found that if I put a single drop of argan oil in with it and mix, it has a really nice dewy natural finish. It doesn't settle into pores or fine lines this way. And it still has good coverage, just sheened out a bit. I also found that what primer i use under this either makes or breaks it. I think this is going to be my HG.

I'm torn between giving this 3 or 4 stars. While its better than average, its not great. But I will keep using it and maybe it will win me over
It has a pump 👍
Its creamy 👍
It covers pretty well 👍
It blends nicely 👍
It doesn't irritate or break me out 👍
Its suppose to be beneficial 👍
It has a dewy finish 👍
Feels lightweight 👍
Doesn't crease, cake or separate 👍
$16 a bottle 👎

New holy grail! My skin is tone to dryness/flaking and breakouts so I need something with full coverage AND moisturizing and dewy which is almost impossible to find.

I would say the finish is satin which is good enough for me. It has fantastic slip and blends great with my beauty blender. Coverage is medium to full and buildable. The ingredients list is stellar, hosting a few good moisturizers and also no perfume! Great if you had sensitive skin.

I got the lightest shade, fair 110 and I am extremely pale (NC15) and this actually matched my cool skin tone perfectly. Maybe just slightly chalky on dry patches due to being just a tad light but Im ok with that, it’s expected, but I would probably buy a darker shade if it were summer. The pump is great, the price point is awesome for what you get. This foundation is better than many I have tried from Sephora. My last HG was MUF HD stick but I prefer this one due to the slip and blendability. I bought this as a cheaper alternative to NARS sheer glow which I sampled and love. One day when I can afford Nars maybe but I’m happy with this one so no rush!

Pretty good for a drugstore foundation. This was not as masky as the TLC foundation. It gives a natural look, not dewy at all- which I prefer. Best applied with a beauty blender.

on 10/30/2016 10:54:00 PM

This makeup did the opposite of what I expected it to do. I am 51 and have tired, thinned out, starting-to-droop skin, but no really deep lines or significant wrinkles. I was of the understanding this would have a lifting/softening/blurring effect and creamy coverage with a dewy finish. On me - it made my face feel tight and dry, it had a dry papery finish that seemed sort of chalky, and it seemed to make character lines stand out in a weird "negative relief" effect, like a German woodcut. My high cheekbones were minimized while the laugh line area and jowls stood out more starkly. I looked scary, pale, old and with a severe expression. I used #110 light neutral which matched in the store. It dried lighter, pinker and chalkier than I expected. Now I'm stuck with it and can't bring myself to use it again.

on 4/23/2017 5:22:00 PM

This is simply the very best foundation on the MARKET for those of who natural-looking coverage, medium-buildable-to-full coverage is a must. This needs to be applied with a dense, kabuki brush for foundation or a good cosmetic sponge (Beauty Blender or the larger ULTA one) to get the best, by far, performance where it will hide your pores. Also, apply it this way over a good primer, and it will last ALL DAY LONG, after setting it lightly with a light setting powder (not a finishing powder, but a setting powder). I have to mix this with two shades on a 3-to-1 ratio to get the tone I need, but it is worth it. I can't get this good a look from my high-ends, trying Smashbox, MUF, and even Clinique or NARS! And yes, better coverage than YSL, so no comparison, ANd it is drugstore !

The pump is awesome and gets all the product out* (*amazingly), the product gets outside of the pump a tiny it and makes the cap look messy. Also, the product can separate aobyou must remember to shake it before each use.

It reminds me of Borgeouis's Healthy Mix Foundation but with better coverage. No lie! I cant believe more people aren't loving this! Although, they do need to bring out more colors.
That is the only negative: the colors on the fair to light side are too neutral, and should have a bit of warmer options without the blue undertone. I find they look a little too olive fair and not peachy fair. There also isn't a big range over-all, which is probably the one and only downfall for this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an ok foundation, but not good enough for me to keep coming back to it. It provides ok coverage, has a naturalish finish that is slightly shiny, has an ok color range, simply an 'ok' foundation. It claims to be anti-aging, but it doesn't have that feel that anti-aging foundations have; like that moisturizing/emollient feel... however, I really don't think I used it long enough to comment on whether or not I can actually see any anti-aging benefits. It does have a broad spectrum SPF of 15, and a pump; so those are two better points about it. But, I think that it's over priced for its performance level; I won't be repurchasing.