Almay Age Essentials Makeup

Almay Age Essentials Makeup
Age Essentials Makeup

3.6

ACTIVE: OCTINOXATE 3.5, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 4.3. INACTIVE: AQUA ((WATER) EAU), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, PEG-9, POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, BORON NITRIDE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ATELOCOLLAGEN SOLUBLE COLLAGEN, TRIPEPTIDE-29, HYALURONIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-5, ACETYL, HEXAPEPTIDE-8, SODIUM HYALURONATE, HYDROLYZED GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS, METHYL ACETYLGLYCYRRHETINOYL, HYDROXYPROLINATE, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, NIACINAMIDE, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, ACETYL HYDROXYPROLINE, PULLULAN, SORBITOL, TREHALOSE, DIMETHICONE / PEG-10 / 15 CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINA, LAURETH-7, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, SILICA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, METHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, XANTHAN GUM, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM CITRATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, LINOLEIC ACID, LECITHIN, PHYTOSTERYL CANOLA GLYCERIDES, OLEIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, TRIOLEIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).Source: Temptalia.com website, 12/26/2017

on 12/30/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this based on a review that compared it to Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. I found this too heavy for my late 50's dryish skin. I bought 110 Light Neutral, close enough to my usual NC15/20. It's too thick, even combined with the magical Mac Strobe cream. Not particularly longwearing either. Maybe in my younger more oily days this might have worked. I don't like the finish at all, cakey no matter what kind of primer or moisturizer used. I don't care for the glass bottle/pump either, just my personal preference.

I may dump this as I haven't been able to find a way to make it look decent. I have and love Almay smart shade concealer and have used that forever, Probably should have tried that fdtn instead of this one.

on 11/16/2017 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I recently got this in shade 120 light warm. I have dry skin and was hoping for a moisturizing foundation with decent coverage. This is great so far, it glides on easily and is fairly thick like a moisturizer. More coverage than I expected. It is more yellowed toned, this shade matches me well at warm light-medium. So far I really like how this foundation feels.

on 11/16/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yikes. I couldn't even wear this out once. I received the 110 light neutral shade and it was shockingly yellow-tinged. I appreciated the full coverage and almost tacky, stay-put quality, but I looked as though I were preparing my face for a clown costume.

New holy grail! My skin is tone to dryness/flaking and breakouts so I need something with full coverage AND moisturizing and dewy which is almost impossible to find.

I would say the finish is satin which is good enough for me. It has fantastic slip and blends great with my beauty blender. Coverage is medium to full and buildable. The ingredients list is stellar, hosting a few good moisturizers and also no perfume! Great if you had sensitive skin.

I got the lightest shade, fair 110 and I am extremely pale (NC15) and this actually matched my cool skin tone perfectly. Maybe just slightly chalky on dry patches due to being just a tad light but Im ok with that, it’s expected, but I would probably buy a darker shade if it were summer. The pump is great, the price point is awesome for what you get. This foundation is better than many I have tried from Sephora. My last HG was MUF HD stick but I prefer this one due to the slip and blendability. I bought this as a cheaper alternative to NARS sheer glow which I sampled and love. One day when I can afford Nars maybe but I’m happy with this one so no rush!

on 8/2/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The drugstore foundation that I really liked was Almay TLC but the shades are too pink for me. I can wear MAC C3 or NC30. In TLC my closest match was Neutral. When I got some color a close match for NC40 was Sand. In Age Essentials my closest match is Light/Medium Warm. It's definitely warmer than TLC Neutral, but still not quite warm enough and it does not wear as long as TLC. It starts to wear off and settle into my pores around midday. I've also noticed that Almay foundations seem to have a shorter shelf life than other foundations. They need to be replaced way before it's all gone. I really wish Almay would offer warmer colors in the TLC line. It'd stick with them forever. I'll keep using this as I continue to look for drugstore C3 and NC30 matches and hopefully I'll find a better match.

on 5/29/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation! My skin is so finicky and particular about makeup, its quite frustrating. But of all the foundations I've tried, and that's a lot, this works well with my skin. Finally an HG foundation!

It looks natural, not like I'm wearing makeup πŸ‘
It has a pump πŸ‘
Its creamy πŸ‘
It covers pretty well πŸ‘
It blends nicely πŸ‘
It doesn't irritate or break me out πŸ‘
Its suppose to be beneficial πŸ‘
It has a dewy finish πŸ‘
Feels lightweight πŸ‘
Doesn't crease, cake or separate πŸ‘
$16 a bottle πŸ‘Ž

on 5/2/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Perfect foundation. Makes my skin look like i have no makeup on. Good coverage that doesn't streak or separate even after major cardio sessions. Perfect shade too. Pump bottle. I can't say enough good things about it. Now that i've oficially said how much i love it, i'm positive it'll dissapear and get discontinued..... that's just my luck. :(

LOVE THIS THOUGH!!!

on 4/23/2017 5:22:00 PM

This is simply the very best foundation on the MARKET for those of who natural-looking coverage, medium-buildable-to-full coverage is a must. This needs to be applied with a dense, kabuki brush for foundation or a good cosmetic sponge (Beauty Blender or the larger ULTA one) to get the best, by far, performance where it will hide your pores. Also, apply it this way over a good primer, and it will last ALL DAY LONG, after setting it lightly with a light setting powder (not a finishing powder, but a setting powder). I have to mix this with two shades on a 3-to-1 ratio to get the tone I need, but it is worth it. I can't get this good a look from my high-ends, trying Smashbox, MUF, and even Clinique or NARS! And yes, better coverage than YSL, so no comparison, ANd it is drugstore !

The pump is awesome and gets all the product out* (*amazingly), the product gets outside of the pump a tiny it and makes the cap look messy. Also, the product can separate aobyou must remember to shake it before each use.

It reminds me of Borgeouis's Healthy Mix Foundation but with better coverage. No lie! I cant believe more people aren't loving this! Although, they do need to bring out more colors.
That is the only negative: the colors on the fair to light side are too neutral, and should have a bit of warmer options without the blue undertone. I find they look a little too olive fair and not peachy fair. There also isn't a big range over-all, which is probably the one and only downfall for this product.

Pretty good for a drugstore foundation. This was not as masky as the TLC foundation. It gives a natural look, not dewy at all- which I prefer. Best applied with a beauty blender.

on 10/30/2016 10:54:00 PM

This makeup did the opposite of what I expected it to do. I am 51 and have tired, thinned out, starting-to-droop skin, but no really deep lines or significant wrinkles. I was of the understanding this would have a lifting/softening/blurring effect and creamy coverage with a dewy finish. On me - it made my face feel tight and dry, it had a dry papery finish that seemed sort of chalky, and it seemed to make character lines stand out in a weird "negative relief" effect, like a German woodcut. My high cheekbones were minimized while the laugh line area and jowls stood out more starkly. I looked scary, pale, old and with a severe expression. I used #110 light neutral which matched in the store. It dried lighter, pinker and chalkier than I expected. Now I'm stuck with it and can't bring myself to use it again.