Almay Age Essentials

Almay Age Essentials

3.6

on 8/2/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The drugstore foundation that I really liked was Almay TLC but the shades are too pink for me. I can wear MAC C3 or NC30. In TLC my closest match was Neutral. When I got some color a close match for NC40 was Sand. In Age Essentials my closest match is Light/Medium Warm. It's definitely warmer than TLC Neutral, but still not quite warm enough and it does not wear as long as TLC. It starts to wear off and settle into my pores around midday. I've also noticed that Almay foundations seem to have a shorter shelf life than other foundations. They need to be replaced way before it's all gone. I really wish Almay would offer warmer colors in the TLC line. It'd stick with them forever. I'll keep using this as I continue to look for drugstore C3 and NC30 matches and hopefully I'll find a better match.

on 5/29/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

UPDATE: I have grown extremely fond of this foundation. I have found that if I put a single drop of argan oil in with it and mix, it has a really nice dewy natural finish. It doesn't settle into pores or fine lines this way. And it still has good coverage, just sheened out a bit. I think this is going to be my "Go To".

I'm torn between giving this 3 or 4 stars. While its better than average, its not great. But I will keep using it and maybe it will win me over
It has a pump 👍
Its creamy 👍
It covers pretty well 👍
It blends nicely 👍
It doesn't irritate or break me out 👍
Its suppose to be beneficial 👍
It has a natural finish 👍 (albeit slightly shiny)
Feels lightweight 👍
Doesn't crease, cake or separate 👍
It does settle in some nose pores and accentuate cheek pores slightly 👎
I don't notice any younger looking skin 👎
But the pro list can be comparable to much cheaper Maybelline or cover girl foundations. For the price of this, I really don't think I will repurchase but we shall wait and see....

on 5/2/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Perfect foundation. Makes my skin look like i have no makeup on. Good coverage that doesn't streak or separate even after major cardio sessions. Perfect shade too. Pump bottle. I can't say enough good things about it. Now that i've oficially said how much i love it, i'm positive it'll dissapear and get discontinued..... that's just my luck. :(

LOVE THIS THOUGH!!!

on 4/23/2017 5:22:00 PM

This is simply the very best foundation on the MARKET for those of who natural-looking coverage, medium-buildable-to-full coverage is a must. This needs to be applied with a dense, kabuki brush for foundation or a good cosmetic sponge (Beauty Blender or the larger ULTA one) to get the best, by far, performance where it will hide your pores. Also, apply it this way over a good primer, and it will last ALL DAY LONG, after setting it lightly with a light setting powder (not a finishing powder, but a setting powder). I have to mix this with two shades on a 3-to-1 ratio to get the tone I need, but it is worth it. I can't get this good a look from my high-ends, trying Smashbox, MUF, and even Clinique or NARS! And yes, better coverage than YSL, so no comparison, ANd it is drugstore !

The pump is awesome and gets all the product out* (*amazingly), the product gets outside of the pump a tiny it and makes the cap look messy. Also, the product can separate aobyou must remember to shake it before each use.

It reminds me of Borgeouis's Healthy Mix Foundation but with better coverage. No lie! I cant believe more people aren't loving this! Although, they do need to bring out more colors.
That is the only negative: the colors on the fair to light side are too neutral, and should have a bit of warmer options without the blue undertone. I find they look a little too olive fair and not peachy fair. There also isn't a big range over-all, which is probably the one and only downfall for this product.

Pretty good for a drugstore foundation. This was not as masky as the TLC foundation. It gives a natural look, not dewy at all- which I prefer. Best applied with a beauty blender.

on 10/30/2016 10:54:00 PM

This makeup did the opposite of what I expected it to do. I am 51 and have tired, thinned out, starting-to-droop skin, but no really deep lines or significant wrinkles. I was of the understanding this would have a lifting/softening/blurring effect and creamy coverage with a dewy finish. On me - it made my face feel tight and dry, it had a dry papery finish that seemed sort of chalky, and it seemed to make character lines stand out in a weird "negative relief" effect, like a German woodcut. My high cheekbones were minimized while the laugh line area and jowls stood out more starkly. I looked scary, pale, old and with a severe expression. I used #110 light neutral which matched in the store. It dried lighter, pinker and chalkier than I expected. Now I'm stuck with it and can't bring myself to use it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an ok foundation, but not good enough for me to keep coming back to it. It provides ok coverage, has a naturalish finish that is slightly shiny, has an ok color range, simply an 'ok' foundation. It claims to be anti-aging, but it doesn't have that feel that anti-aging foundations have; like that moisturizing/emollient feel... however, I really don't think I used it long enough to comment on whether or not I can actually see any anti-aging benefits. It does have a broad spectrum SPF of 15, and a pump; so those are two better points about it. But, I think that it's over priced for its performance level; I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/4/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have been looking for a substitute for my favorite foundation, L'Oreal Visible Lift because I think it dries out very fast in the bottle, the color match is perfection for my cool toned pale olive skin (#144-Light Ivory) but I feel that with dry skin and the drier product, it was settling a little too much on every wrinkle. I need a foundation for my late forties tired looking skin, the color #110 Light Neutral is a better match for my skin tone, the finish is satin, I was looking for a more luminous or dewy finish, I think it's making my wrinkles stand out more, don't know if it's because it has a medium coverage, will try CG Simply Ageless crème next.

on 7/25/2016 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've been trying this out for the past few weeks. I think this is a wonderful foundation, way to go Almay, it's been years since you've had a foundation I could use.

The color range is excellent, same goes for packaging and product. The finish is a natural skin look and lasts me all day, except for the nose area (allergy). Yes, I will rebuy, this is very similar to the Revlon Age Defying, one of my favorites and I believe is the parent company.

My color is 130 light/med neutral. I have light/med yellow/olive skin. 140 light/medium warm, looked much darker.

Pros:
Pump! (in this day and age there is no excuse for not having one)
Slim glass bottle
Beautiful range of colors
Easy to find
No fragrance or irritation
travel friendly
applies well with fingers or sponge
lasts all day

Cons:
none so far

on 7/18/2016 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This did not work for me at ALL. OMG I've never had a foundation look so bad on me. I got the shade Light Neutral which I'm surprised it wasn't too dark for me. For me this felt like a tinted sunscreen. It actually looked okay until a half an hour after I left the house and I turned into a complete greaseball. Applying powder only made it worse. Then I woke up this morning and had about 10 small zits all over my face. I am going to return this today. This would probably work for someone with dry skin.