AG Hair Cosmetics Spray Wax

No Image

2.0

on 10/7/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

AG is the WORST hair stuff I ever Tried, long time ago i tried the shampoo took about 75% of my color out, last week I tried the spray wax ITS AWFUL comes out very WET and does NOTHING for for hair..

This brand needs to go BYE BYE

on 3/11/2016 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This spray wax is not what I was looking for. I specifically wanted something that would help me piece out my layered lob to give me that rocker chic vibe. And while this product would be great for shorter hair, it doesn't work for my shoulder length locks. And it's incredibly sticky. Just spraying it on my hand was all I needed to tell me that it would be very sticky in my hair. However, I gave it the old college try and used it hoping to get that very fractured, piece-y look that's so on trend right now. And wouldn't you know it was as sticky in my hair as it was on my hand. Why I didn't test it out this way in the store is beyond me, I surely could have saved myself a trip to return it. I sprayed it a couple of times on each side and in the back and then flipped my head over and scrunched it into my tresses. I didn't go so far as to spray it on my roots because it didn't strike me as that type of product and it likely wouldn't have given me any volume anyway. I waited for it to dry but it didn't and stayed quite tacky to the touch, just like it did on my hand. I don't think I used too much because I only sprayed it about three quick times on each side and the same in the back. But it obviously isn't designed for longer hair because rather than giving me the piece-y look, it sort of gave me stiff helmet head. And that's not the look I'm after. So I returned it to the store. I have a brand new can of Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish, which I'm hesitant to use because it's so damn expensive and there's not much product in the can to begin with and what will I do if I like it and it's the only product my new haircut responds to? My hair budget will be blown. So I'm going to try the new Macadamia Texture Spray, which I understand from a ytube review is not sticky in the slightest and goes on quite dry, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Moreover, there are 8 ounces in the can for $25 versus 4 ounces for $31 for the Dryspun Finish. Case closed, pretty much. I'm hanging onto the BB just to see whether the Macadamia spray will deliver. I've tried so many texture sprays and each and every one of them has been as sticky as they can possibly be. Yuck! Supposedly Garnier Texture Tease is a dupe for Dryspun Finish but if that's true, then I'll definitely hate the BB because Texture Tease is awful. So it's back to the drawing board. I'll give Macadamia a try and then review it here on MUA. But for now, this AG Spray Wax fails my test. What a sticky mess! Back to the store it goes and good riddance. If you have short spiky hair this may be a godsend but if you're looking for that nice separation and piece-y-ness, look elsewhere because this Spray Wax is not gonna do it for you.

Popular Styling Products