NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Cosmetics Velvet matte skin tint
Velvet matte skin tint

3.1

Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isododecane, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Calcium Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycarprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Hydroxyapatite, Tochopheryl Acetate, Rosa Multiflora Fruit Extract, Ascorbryl Tetraisopalmitate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Cl77891), Iron Oxide (CL77491), Iron Oxide (Cl77492), Iron Oxides (Cl77499)]

on 12/23/2017 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't agree that this is medium coverage. It feels and looks more like full coverage to me unless you have massive acne scars to cover up and I don't. My issue is fine lines but other than that my skin is good. They come with age and nothing much any of us can do but try to use good skin care and products that minimize them. I absolutely hated this and it's nothing like a tinted moisturizer so I'm not sure why the reviews for this are under tinted moisturizer. It's called Skin Tint and nowhere is moisturizer in the name and it's not recommended for dry skin. My skin is normal, never dry, slightly oily in the T zone at times. This was just a disgusting product for me. It felt thick and heavy and It looked painted on, like a thick clay like consistency and it accentuated every single fine line, hated it! Really hated it! It smells horrible too, like oil paint, but the smell fades really fast. It has SPF 30 and it does oxidize a little, so I would say go down one shade. It is super matte, which I don't like anyway. It did look better when I used a setting spray to make it a little dewier, but it accentuated every single line, even ones I never knew I had. In sunlight it looked awful. I didn't accentuate pore if I used a primer, but I don't have very large pores so that wasn't much of an issue but it did seem to accentuate them with no primer. I love to try new things but this was a definite NO for me. Back to my old faithfuls... Laura Mericer tinted moisturizer. Pixi tinted moisturizer, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Lift or the regular Moisture Rich and Boots No7 Lift and Luminate......( LOVE LOVE LOVE and it's drugstore!!!)

$45.00 for 1.7 ounces

✔ Matte

SPF
- SPF 30

What it is:
A weightless, all-in-one, oil free, matte skin tint with broad spectrum SPF 30 and shine control that transforms the look of skin immediately and over time.

What it does:
Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30 effortlessly perfects with a soft touch. Ultra-blendable and instantly sensorial, this glide-and-go, plush, oil-free formula works on contact, delivering second-skin perfection and boosting environmental defense. It helps to blur imperfections and even the skin tone with a soft-matte finish. It wears comfortably, maintaining skin’s natural moisture barrier, while working to control shine throughout the day. Infused with NARS’ innovative Velvet Illusion Complex, the Velvet Matte Skin Tint instantly transforms the look of skin with powerful optical effects designed to manipulate light, creating an immediate soft-focus effect that helps blur imperfections. Powered with rose fruit extract, it visibly tightens the appearance of pores with every application. It wears comfortably and weightlessly, while helping to provide antioxidant defense with vitamins C, E, and broad spectrum SPF 30.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

What to say? I just love this product! I have the St. Moritz and it's a perfect match for me. I was a bit skeptical when I received this but thankfully the coverage is sheer-medium so it's quite easy to pull off even it's a little lighter on me. I use this on almost every occasion. I prefer sheer coverage base and I tend to dislike foundation so this moisturizer just gives enough tint on my otherwise dull color.

It's not runny or overly creamy. I particularly like the packaging on this one as it's a matte black and it's also travel friendly. It doesn't contain any shimmer and it applies beautifully. One thing though, it's not that long lasting. I tried this with my two fave primers and I get 6-8 hours of wear before it starts to disappear for real. Overall, it mattifies my face and gives me that wash of color that I need everyday :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although this is categorized as a tinted moisturizer, it's essentially a medium-coverage foundation, so if you're expecting something super sheer, you'll be disappointed. Although that didn't bother me, I had several issues with this product.

This takes quite a bit of blending to make it look adequate, and even then, I absolutely could not fix it from accentuating my dry flakes on my cheeks. It was a cakey mess. It also made the pores on my nose super obvious, However, on the places of my face where it did work fine, the finish was a beautiful soft matte. If only it weren't so finnicky. Also, it oxidized just the slightest bit on me but it's barely perceptible. Terre-Neuve is an alright match for me (NARS Gobi) except it's a little darker and pinker. If you like this enough though and you aren't on the super fair or dark side of skin tone, you can probably find a shade match that doesn't look horribly off. Not that I would buy a full size of this, however.

The price isn't too bad, considering you get 1.7 oz of product compared to most foundations, which are usually 1 oz. Still, I prefer Sheer Glow, which is around the same price, even though you're getting 0.7 oz less product. Quality over quantity.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this, I started using this because it was recommended to me in one of the makeup boards here. This has very sheer coverage which I prefer now that my skin has cleared, it keeps the make up in place and I know this is supposed to be matte but after the 3 hour mark it goes on a bit dewy on me but it keeps all my make up in place. If I don't blot it stays that way for another good 3 hours, It can get oily after the 6 hour mark, but just a little blotting and everything is good again. I really love this, this is a tinted moisturizer and it does as it says. <3

I liked this product a lot. I've got the shade Finland. I have combination skin with yellow undertones and it is a great match. It has a thick, but not heavy consistency, and a really good coverage, I was surprised! I apply it with a beauty blender and spot conceal where needed. It has a satin matte finish, just exactly what I like. Blends beautifully. Didn't make me break out.
Unfortunately it does oxidize a little after a few hours, and has a pretty strong smell, which I don't like. But overall I'd definitely repurchase it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is what I've always been looking for! I like the regular TM but my skin is way too oily for it, especially during the summer. This is basically a matte version of that. It does everything that the classic Nars TM does for me except it doesn't get shiny. No, it doesn't provide much coverage, but that's kind of the point. It's quick and easy to apply and looks natural but blurs imperfections. For reference, I'm really picky about foundations and my other favorites are: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Estée Lauder Double Wear, and Dior Airflash. My skin is acne prone and also prone to oiliness and dehydration (at the same time, dehydration leads to excess oil).

on 4/26/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I had high hopes for this but it was pretty disappointing.

When I think of "skin tint" I *naturally* tend to think that it's gonna be natural looking but no. This is a medium+ coverage foundation that looks rather makeup-y.

It also separates on the skin, looks rather cakey, and did NOT suit my combination to oily skin.
It was promoted as a product ideal for oily skin hence the matte label, but after a couple hours it starts to really get oily and itchy DESPITE me using the porefessional mattifying primer.

Also, it doesn't have a good staying power even though I applied a primer beforehand.

For those that need color reference, I'm nc30 and my shade is Alaska.

on 4/16/2016 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wear this in the color Alaska.. I wear a nc30 in mac. I think this product is so awesome. Blends really well.. I use a buffing brush from real techniques. Coverage is great.. about a medium coverage. I still have blemishes peek thru but it's not a problem. It's a matte finish tinted moisturizer and it lasts me quite a while. Good thing about this is that I can blot and reapply without looking so weird. It's about 44 dollars for 1.4? Fl ounce..dries pretty quick into a powdery finish. I don't need to powder. A really quick convenient tinted moisturizer. I have combo to oily skin and it works well with me. I also use a mattfying moisturizer from caudalie which helps with my shine. Would definitely repurchase

on 4/13/2016 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was so excited to get this product. I am a MAC NC20 and Alaska suited me fine. I LOVED the way it applied - it worked best for me if I applied with my fingers then buffed it out with a brush or a BeautyBlender sponge. I rocked it everyday for a week, but I noticed my skin was freaking out. As other reviewers have mentioned happening to them, my cheeks started developing milia-type bumps that started off as an angry rash and then the bumps just stayed there. This type of skin problem is unprecedented for me, and the only new thing on my face was the Velvet Matte Skin Tint. Unfortunately, even with plenty of moisturizer, sunscreen, and primer (all products I use before I put on any base) the high alcohol content (which gives this product the great matte finish) just ate through those layers and dried out my skin. I suppose I could just put it on my oily T-zone, but I don't need that much coverage there. I'm really bummed because I like the product a lot, but I can't continue using it due to the skin problems I got from it.

on 3/26/2016 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a sample of it in shade Alaska. I'm NC15 and I must say that Alaska shade is a bit too dark/yellowish for my skin.
Secondly, I have perioral dermatitis on my face and I have to be super careful what make up to use.
This stuff BROKE ME OUT LIKE MAD! within 2 days since using it, my dermatitis became seriously inflamed and spotty. I never had such a bad reaction to make up before! Another thing was that it's supposed to be matt... it made my skin shine after very short time, and not many foundations make my skin greasy, so that was weird!
The coverage itself isn't bad, so if you don't have skin issues and are looking for some light make up, maybe it will work for you.