e.l.f. Contour Palette

e.l.f. Contour Palette

4.1

Mica, Talc, Ethyhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Nylon-12, PTFE, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve). MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 4/9/2018 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING. And I´m not exaggerating, it really is. This palette is so complete, usually I don't like contour palettes because you can't use all the colors and it's a waste of money to buy those palettes, but the thing with this is that you can use all the shades (considering your skin tone of course). The Highlighter is not blinding but is a beautiful white champagne color, doesn't have any glitter, the banana one is my favourite because you can set the concealer underneath the eyes with it and it will look flawless. The broncer seems a little bit orange but is not once applying it, is very warm, and the contour shade is perfect for that purpouse, also is super pigmented. I love this so much, I already hit pan in the banana shade and almost in the bronzer.
100% recommended.

on 3/20/2018 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is my go-to pallete. I use it for my face and eyes. The colors always look natural no matter what I want to add to it and it's very versatile. When it comes to my basic, daily makeup, I just put on my bb cream, put this on over it and I'm ready to go. I even use the dark brown for my eye brows.

on 3/16/2018 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The contour shade is quite dark for fair skin. It can work decently if applied with a light hand, but it's far from ideal.
The highlighter is powdery and chalky.
The setting powder is, again, too dark for fair skin. Can work for setting concealer on eyelids, but make sure you apply it with a light hand or it will cake up.
The bronzer shade has a red undertone. This is the only shade that is completely unusable on fair skin, so I use it as eyeshadow.
All of the powders blend quite well.
I'm a fan of the packaging, it's sturdy and has a huge mirror. Very affordable product.

on 1/16/2018 11:26:00 PM

I am super pleased with this palette. I purchased it at Wal-Mart for 6.00 canadian and it works better than some of the high end palettes I have.

The deep ashy brown looks dark but applies tastefully and the cool tone makes it look very natural. I find it pigmented enough for fair skin. The warmer brown is beautiful to contour the forehead and has a stunning warm natural finish. The peach/yellow/skin tone is too dark for me (on my fair skin) to use as a highlight so i use it to set my eye primer, under my eyes, or a little all over as an all over powder. I absolutely ADORE the white highlight. It applies beautifully and has just the right amount of subtle sheen to create a sexy look without looking overdramatic, shiny or tacky.

All four shades can also be used as eyeshadow.
This is a must have!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice intro level contouring product for fair beginners. None of the powders are super pigmented (a good thing for beginners - you can easily build them) and are soft and blendable.

The white highlighting shade is the weak link here, it's difficult to build and it just generally looks powdery when you try. Sadly, it will emphasize pores and texture while not looking pretty as a highlighter.

The peachy nude shade works fine to set eyeshadow primer, I tend to set my concealer with a silica type powder.

The warm brown makes a nice bronzer and the cooler brown does a fine job of subtle contouring that is hard to mess up. Blends easily and doesn't look crazy.

Now, I won't repurchase because contouring and bronzing don't look good on me (high-contrast, clear coloring-Bright Winter), but I am keeping the three colored shades and using them as eyeshadow. Takes a bit of building since they aren't super rich in pigment, but makes a fine matte base for a neutral eye. Nude shade all over lid, warm brown transition, cooler brown crease/outer v.

Packaging is quite solid and the squares apparently pop out and are interchangeable woth ELF's other square complexion quads (don't own them).

on 6/30/2017 2:46:00 PM

good if youre going for a natural look. not suitable if you want to go for a more heavy makeup kinda look. I'd rather go out with my naked face compared to going out with makeup that have natural look. For me it's just wasting my time and energy. So nahhh. This item isn't for me :/

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I threw it away. The powders were chalky and difficult to apply smoothly. The highlighter shades just looked like powder. The darkest shade just made my fair skin look dirty and the second darkest shade looked too orange.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I simply could not get these colors to work, despite trying different brushes. The dark contour shade is poor on payoff, and when I try to build it, it starts looking patchy. I will admit my skin is very dry and I compensate by piling face oil underneath my foundation or bb cream which makes my skin "grabby", but I have other powder products that don't do this, so it is definitely the formula. The shade to the left of it didn't show on my skin at all, it did absolutely nothing. And next to the few mid range highlighters I own, the two shades across the top were unimpressive.
I admit I was drawn to this and the other 4 pan face palettes because the pans pop out and can be reconfigured into another palette or a z-palette. And for a cheap palette, the palette itself is boring but quite sturdy. I don't feel particularly jipped because it was cheap.

on 3/25/2017 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This was my first contouring palette. I bought it because it was cheap and I didn't want to practice with a $40 Anastasia kit. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the product was for the price point. As always, I used a damp beauty blender. With the color choices for contour you can do an every day look or go dramatic. I would stay away from the "highlighter" in this pallette. Very cakey if you want to notice it. The contours tho are pretty good when blended well. I use all three depending on the time of year and how pasty I look.

off of first impression swatches, im not understanding the hype around this product im hoping this is one of those products that wears well on the face. this is around $6-$8 depending on where you shop. i wouldn't buy again because it will take forever to hit pan, and im the type to need to try other products