Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

Filtered by age: 36-43
Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

3.3

on 9/3/2016 10:25:00 PM

I really wanted to love this one. Unfortunately, the formula does not live up to the hype. I like the color - a nude peachy pink, but it goes on very streaky and patchy. I tried using very little and it still goes on patchy and settles into lip lines. I do not like the feel of liquid lipsticks in general, they are comfortable for about 10 minutes, and then become dry. This one is no exception, it becomes dry, uncomfortable, and it cracks. Another thing I have noticed with this one is the fact that it is very sticky while it dries. I put this lipstick on, and when I press my lips together, they become stuck. And not just slightly, but really, significantly stuck. And that is a deal breaker for me. It makes me want to run and scrape the lipstick off, along with my lips. For a good, pigmented, comfortable, and long-lasting look I always turn to Maybelline Matte line.

on 3/10/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as part of a Sephora nude lipsticks package, so I only have a deluxe sample size. I like it, I have to say. The color is pretty, but a touch paler nude than I prefer -- on me it's kind of a 1960s mod lip look (almost) albeit a touch darker and more natural looking.

I have one of the Revlon matte lip paints that performs very similarly to this, at half the price, and the formula is less heavy (though the Tarte isn't very heavy at all) and that color works a bit better with my lips' natural shade, since the Revlon is a touch pinker and a touch darker.

But this does feel nice and velvety and applies smoothly. It doesn't set dry but stays sort of velvety without feeling sticky or uncomfortable. Wear time is decent. I'd probably be more impressed if I hadn't found a cheaper alternative that I'm very happy with. Someone in search of a nude matte lip look would probably like this -- and I don't notice Tarte's sometimes strong minty scent and flavor with this either, for what it's worth.

I got this in my Sephora Give Me Lip Nude Lip Sampler in a mini size. I'm sure full retail is quite $$$ (to me over $20+ is pushing the envelope a bit but I would spend it if I really like something eg Chanel Glossimers), but I digress. I agree w review below this is a moussey texture that never quite completely dries but that's okay, I'm not into the traditional liquid lipsticks that dry so drily dreadful matte. The "slip" makes it make u feel like u have a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream or NYX Suede gloss even Loreal Infallible Matte Gloss so as u can see it's pretty easily duped. I would rec'd NYX Stockholm maybe? I'm leaving "maybe" for repurchase. I have to find out how much it retails for coz price pointe factors weighs heavily in my makeup buying decisions. Don't get me wrong this is BETTER than NYX but check them out if u need to kill a $$$ lemming.