MILANI Prep + Set + Go Transparent Face Powder

MILANI Prep + Set + Go Transparent Face Powder
Prep + Set + Go Transparent Face Powder

3.5

Not tested on animals

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate Polymethylsilsesquioxane Magnesium Myristate Polyethylene Silica Bis-Stearyl Dimethicone Caprylyl Glycol Phenoxyethanol Aluminum Dimyristate /- (CI 77019/Mica)

on 3/18/2019 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

this is a nice powder. very easy to apply, doesnt settle into fine lines or pores, great for setting makeup. however you do kick up a lot of the product when you apply it to your brush and face so if that is a concern then this isnt for you. it does blur your skin to make it look more flawless, it doesnt come with a compact mirror or brush which i personally dont mind because its a transulcent powder so you dont really need a mirror for it and brushes that usually come with powders are horrible. it is a little up there in the price but is still affordable. the E.L.F HD translucent powder is just as good as this one i feel. its just up to personal preference. it will likely give you some flashback but i havent tested that out since im not much of a picture person. you can put it on under your foundation to prep your skin but i also have tried that out since i like my hydrating primers and this isnt hydrating. it has no smell to it so if your sensitive to scents then i would give this a try. there is also a illuminating version of this powder which you should try out if you want a more luminous look rather then a matte look which this powder will give you. its a very solid powder but i think i will stick to the elf translucent powder since its cheaper and works just as well

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Pros: makes your undereye concealer last, makes it look smooth, takes down shininess of the skin, doesn't emphasize dryness (not on the skin on your face nor your undereyes, and has a really silky smooth texture, and I can wear it on my desert winter skin without it making me feel or look more dry.

Cons: Has quite a bit of kick up, and could very likely cause flashback in photos. I'm not in photos a whole lot, so it doesn't really bother me.

Would repurchase and would recommend!!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's no Laura Mercier, but it's a good option for people with talc sensitivity. No flashback, nice blurring and mattifying effect. Helps makeup last and little longer and transfer a lot less.

on 5/9/2017 10:43:00 PM

This was a disappointment. The product doesn't have a puff to apply the powder, which I can live with. But as soon as I applied this powder, I was looking like a ghost. Isn't the whole point of this point to be transparent as the name says on the product. And I'm wondering if this broke me out too. I usually love Milani products, but this one is going to be returned. Not my cup of tea.

on 2/4/2017 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is a no for me because it gave me two terrible cystic pimples, which I am still trying to get rid of. I never break out and after I stopped using this I stopped breaking out.

on 6/17/2016 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I typically use an "HD" silica powder to set my foundation. I buff in a very light layer, then top with my regular translucent loose powder. It adds a slight blurring effect, but also helps keep me matte. I have only used the Milani one for this purpose, not *before* foundation, so I can't speak to how well that works. For after foundation, it works great. The packaging is a black plastic compact with a clear lid and is fairly sturdy. There isn't excess packaging or bulk, The product is pressed, so it's considerably less messy than most HD powders sold loose. It would work well in a purse or for travel. This does a nice job setting my makeup, and I will probably repurchase.