Hairprint

Hairprint
HairprintHairprintHairprint

3.4

The ingredients are water, baking soda, mucuna pruriens, sodium carbonate, carbomer (a thickener), hydrogen peroxide, diatomaceous earth, manganese gluconate, and ferrous gluconate.

I signed up just to review this project, prompted by the very negative reviews here. It does seem people have different experiences with the product but I am obsessed with this product and I think you should give it a go if you are inclined. I'm in my 40s, have had grey hairs since I was in my 20s but they are picking up steam and maybe the hair is 20-30% grey, at the tipping point where my dark brown hair will soon look grey and not brown with grey. Anyway, I've been using HP for almost a year and love it. Does it perfectly cover every grey? No. Does it slightly fade out at the root within 3 weeks or so? Yes. But I only use half a box on roots per application every 4 weeks or so which is how often I'd have to go to a salon so that is $20 per coloring. Not bad. I get maybe 95-98% coverage with natural shiny brown that looks 100% like my color. Even grays that you see are sorta masked somehow, as it seems some color gets in. Also I have about 5 inches of HP growth and the hair is all dark brown past the roots so the entire strands do not lose color for me just a gentle fade near root. This fade, actually, for me is a good thing because it means that root regrowth doesn't appear as that wicked hard line of grey that happens with conventional dye. Regrowth blends into this fade well.

Anyway, I love this product. $20 per month is good for me. I do all the things people suggest, only use HP products, wash hair less, baking soda at roots during pre treatment, etc. All works.

on 8/17/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I read about Hairprint in January of this year and was impressed by how uniformly positive the online reviews were for a non-toxic product that covered grey hair. I ordered it and tried it in February. The color did not take and when I consulted the helpful staff at Hairprint, they said it was because of the products I was using on my hair. I tried again in March, again in April, June and July. What I have found is that even when the coverage of grey is good (and keep in mind that the descriptions of Hairprint on the website stress that it does not color the hair like conventional hair dye but actually RESTORES it to its natural state), it washes out within a week. I can see that the previous reviewer also had this experience. The hairprint shampoos are VERY expensive ($22 without postage for a very small bottle) and are drying to the hair. I still like the fact that this is not toxic but my close friends have advised me to stop using this product as it is very expensive and doesn't deliver as promised. In addition, it takes about 2 hours to apply and is very messy, staining walls and splattering all over the bathroom. If you are really opposed to toxic hair dye, it is a product to consider but keep in mind that it is very expensive and delivers mediocre results.

on 7/13/2017 11:46:00 PM

Check reviews on this site before purchasing Hairprint. Customers speak to issues with product and returns. https://supplementpolice.com/hairprint/. I wish I read these before purchasing. Here's my story....PLEASE READ BEFORE TRYING HAIRPRINT.
You may have had a good experience with Hairprint, but I DID NOT. I must say that I am VERY disappointed in Hairprint. I purchased a hair color and shampoo. I opened the box to remove the shampoo and NEVER opened the hair color items. I changed my mind after reading some reviews and returned the unopened hair color. After weeks and weeks of waiting… I received this reply via email….
Hairprint cancelled your return for the following reason:
Item not returnable: used or worn or tags not attached
A message just for you:
Hello Peggy, One Hairprint True Color Restorer kit in Brown was received at the Hairprint Returns Authorization Department. The Hairprint True Color Restorer kits tamper seal had been cut open. Per policy all items returned must be sealed/unopened and in sellable condition. This item has been unsealed and opened and is not eligible for refund. Please see the refund policy on http://www.myhairpint.com
We hope to see you again soon shopping at Hairprint!
NOPE! I WONT BE PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM YOUR COMPANY. I have never experienced this before. I think their return policy is ridiculous and not in alignment with their marketing.

on 7/12/2017 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Bottom Line:
Yes, I will use this again. I also highly recommend their shampoos but OMGosh are they expensive!
>>> Hairprint if you reading this, please increase the quantity or decrease the price . I'm not an A-lister and you're killing me!

Read On for more Detail:
To provide context: I am 62 and 30-40% gray. Hair around face gray with white streaks on both temples, shoulder length long bob cut. When younger, my natural hair was light brown with reddish and gold highlights, very straight, very thick with a very strong cuticle - made it difficult to keep a perm in the 80"s :-) I have not dyed or used other chemical services for 2 years. I got tired of unnatural color, the eventual brassiness, fading and damage from chemical dyes.

I applied hairprint 'brown' the first time 3 days ago May 9th - 2 kits per manufacturer recommendations. I used the baking soda tip on my white/grey areas to help soften the cuticle and ensure color acceptance.

Pros:
+ Hair came out soft, silk, fully and in awesome condition. I feel like Rapunzel. Very nourishing to the hair
+ Covered completely - no grays/ silvers that I can find.
+ No awful chemical reaction - I am hyper sensitive or allergic to a lot of skin care, etc. due to my Celtic origins.
+ No awful smells.

Cons:
- First application extremely messy and a bit of a trial. Be sure to prepare the area and have everything at hand including a bottle of wine to keep you occupied while you wait.
- It will stain skin, Make sure you coat your ears with vaseline (don't let it get on your hair or it won't take the product!) Otherwise they may take on a purplish tinge from the product. Good news it does go away after diligent scrubbing. I assume subsequent root touchups to be less of a mess now that I know what to expect
- Hair came out much darker than anticipated. I've washed twice and its toning down to a medium brown, waiting to see what it actually ends up at.
- Scalp Staining I applied almond and grapeseed oil to my scalp and hair and let it sit for two hours. Massaged brown sugar into scalp to exfoliate and that did the trick...no residue now.
- Very slight reddish cast around hairline and temple hair that was gray/white. I was going to say brassy, but it really isn't, its more like soft auburn highlights. My husband said the color is very similar to when he met me over 30 years ago :-) and he likes it. The Hairprint site said this will go away when I do my next application. Hope so. I will use a wash out violet toner until then.

I will post an update in a month or two. Hope this review is helpful to all you beautiful babes out there.

Ok. So I have to say that I registered with MakeupAlley just to write this review. I just finished my first box of Hairprint in Brown and I am totally blown away. It worked above and beyond what I had thought. I must say that I was very skeptical, and actually bought my first box about a month ago, but had it sitting until I was ready to take the plunge.

I have Ash colored hair at about a 6 in level. I have 1" of growth, and the rest of my hair is colored with Henna Color Lab Light Brown (no metallic salts, a pure indigo/henna blend). I love Henna Color Labs products but have grown so tired of all the intense red hues. When I found Hairprint I was super excited, and very wary of its claims. Needless to say, my hair came out exactly as described on their website. I have about 20% grey, and although Hairprint didn't cover every single grey, it toned everything, and truly brought out my natural ashy brown. I will never go back to henna again.

I decided to cover the ends of my hair with warm shea butter to avoid any areas where the henna was more prominent. This was a bit messy and waxy, but my ends feel amazing from the shea treatment.

Process:
Overall, the process of using Hairprint was a bit long, about 2.5 hours (as described by other reviews), but honestly I am a natural product nut, and am willing to go any amount of time for a clean hair dye. It is definitely as messy as described. Its truly a mousse consistency. I think I went through 4-5 old towels during the process. Again, I am willing to go through a little messiness to avoid chemicals. Definitely clear out your bathroom and have towels on hand.

I bought and used Hairprint's Chelating Shampoo, and left the Prepare packet on for an extra 15 minutes.

The dark black color it turns can be a bit intimidating, but incredibly, washes out completely (Haiprint does inform you that it won't turn that dark). I would also recommend having an extra pair of latex gloves on hand, as the single pair was pretty messed up by the end and hard to get on and off my hands.

Overall, my hair looks amazing. It truly is my natural color, which still blows my mind a little.
If you are into a natural look with a few muted grays, no chemicals, and healthy clean hair this product is for you. If you want to change your hair color, and are looking for that traditional color dye look, then I would think twice.

I am totally converted. Thanks Hairprint

on 7/22/2017 11:35:00 PM

I read about Hairprint in several beauty magazines and because I have psoriasis and have been following the Paleo auto immune protocol I wanted to switch to an all-natural process for coloring my hair. My stylist was excited about Hairprint for me and some of her other customers looking for a more natural solution.

The first time we tried Hairprint we missed the part about using the chelating shampoo prior to applying the product. While we used the pretreatment “prepare” shampoo the results after doing the whole process was mediocre. So we waited a week and tried it again. This time I walked out of the salon beaming as my color looked great. Sadly this did not last. Besides the fact that for 4 months I have ONLY used the Hairprint shampoos and conditioners, have not used ANY product on my hair and used the chelating shampoos the night before and the morning of coloring, the color just does not last.

I have about 25% gray in the front of my hair and 15% over the rest .After one week I begin to see that the color “washes” out. Given that it is supposed to impact the actual hair strand and not be “deposited” like other colors I could not believe how my hair looked after 2-3 washings. I only wash my hair 3 times a week and as mention only used their products.

I was willing to use this process despite the expense- $39 for the color, $100+ each time to my colorist to apply, and the very pricey and drying shampoo and conditioners and the fact that I stopped using products, because I really wanted to find a solution that was less toxic. Plus it is a 2 hour process at the salon and this does not count the use of the chelating shampoo prior to the application which makes hair full of tangles. However after 4 months (6 applications) of Hairprint following the EXACT directions I cannot give it more than 1 star. I am going to try Madison Reed and hope to see better results.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MARCH 2017 UPDATE:

After using Hairprint again in January and February 2017 (a total of 2 single treatments and 2 half treatments), I need to change my rating to 5 lipsticks.

Hair print still does not cover my grey hair completely and it still fades. But the fading is more subtle now. I am on my third week, and there are less grey roots now compared to the third week after my December 2016 application. Coverage improved because I changed my shampoo to one without the "blockers" mentioned in the Hairprint website. I also kept the Pretreatment in my hair for 15 minutes vs the 5 minutes in the instructions.

But it is not the improved coverage that made me change by review. It is the dramatic improvement of my hair texture.

Due to almost 20 years of colouring my hair, my hair was frizzy, dry, and completely lacked shine (unless I do an intensive conditioning treatment and blow out my hair). This changed after four hair print treatments. My hair is now smooth and shiny even without having a blow out. My ten year old mentioned yesterday that my hair is now like his (smooth and shiny). I use more conditioner for one week after the treatment (hair texture gets harder after the treatment). But after one week, I use it only at the ends where I still have some "old coloured" hair left. But conditioner use is so minimal and the quantity that I use per shampoo is becoming less and less. My hair feels and looks "younger" even with the few grey strands and roots that I have.

The negatives?

First, coverage is not as good as regular hair colour (although this is something I can live with).

Second, I have had to change my hair care products and routine, giving up products I love, in order to make Hairprint work. (Again, something I can live with)

Third, the cost of the product is much higher that conventional hair colour.

So, I will buy this product again (for as long as I can afford it). I love it!

DECEMBER 2016 REVIEW (negative):
I was very disappointed with the Hairprint. I have black hair, less than 50 percent gray.

My first hairprint (single kit) application was in mid-November 2016. Coverage was not so good but i attributed that to it being the first application.

I did my second hairprint application one week ago on December 16, 2016. To ensure that Hairprint will work, I followed the troubleshooting advice in the Hairprint Help Desk:

1) Use the Hairprint Chelating Shampoo the day before and on the day of the treatment. Shampoo before pretreatment was left for 5 minutes.

2) I applied Baking soda to the roots, especially the temples and sideburns, when I did the pretreatment. The pretreatment was left on for 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes. I wanted to do 15 minutes but the combination of the baking soda and the pretreatment made my scalp sting badly.

3) I applied single kit according to the Hairprint instructions, but nstead of 15 minutes, I made it stay for 20 minutes each step.

After one week, the hair at my roots and temples are back to grey. I am extremtly disappointed. I also do not want to keep coloring my hair every week just to cover the gray. It is expensive and very time consuming. The pain from the baking soda mixed with the pretreatment is worse than any haircolor that I have used. Also, using the baking soda made my hair stiff and very coarse (Hairprint claims that it makes the hair softer and shinier. This is not the case with my second application.)

False advertising. Someone should complain to the consumer authorities in the United States.

on 10/28/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I just created an account so I could warn you about this product. The product is packaged nicely and it sounds very niche but beware - it is not good for purpose. The application takes somewhere between 1.5 - 2 hours, and it involves 3 washes during this period - very time consuming and tiring. I was hoping that the outcome would be good given all the work it involves but unfortunately it did not do much for my grey hair. I was truly hoping to be able to use some kind of natural / non toxic product to cover my grey hair (which is still very little, since I am only 28) but this doesn't work. Do not waste your money, instead save up for a good quality bond perfector and use a real hair dye that doesn't contain as much ammonia, this is just a waste of time and money (very expensive, plus shipping abroad is an extra US$20).

on 3/18/2017 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. I cannot use hair dye and hav.e been fortunate to have about 10% gray mostly at the temples. I have been searching since the gray is obvious if I pull my hair back. It covered, and the color is a rich dark brunette. My younger self hair is back. I suppose it is messier than dyes but I did not find it terrible. For me this is a great solution . And no allergic reaction. I am so highly allergic to dye that it was never an option for me. It is worth the price.

on 3/16/2017 8:50:00 AM

It was worst experience. I wasted 5 months just to make it work. I roamed around with grey hair during this time.
I order 3 packs from UK paying shipping charges.. import changes :-(.
such a waste of money I wish I never came across this!
Basically, it covered 30% first time, 20% next time and 0% last time. I followed all instructions.. used baking soda.. left pre treatment for 20 min.. all that.. still didn't work..