4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

A surprisingly effective mask. It's a clay-based 2-3 times weekly treatment with some impressive ingredients - AHA's, BHA's and brightening botanicals. Using a brush so as not to contaminate the product, I apply a very thin layer and leave it on for about 20 minutes before washing off. I'm now on my 3rd application and I can see a brighter tone, along with an improvement in skin texture, my pores look more refined and face is just softer to the touch. I also find helps keep the oiliness at bay a little longer (say a couple of hours) compared to before starting use. However that effect only takes place on the day I'm using, by the following day it's back to square one! The effect on pores lasts a little longer (at least a few days) and longest lasting of all is the brightening effect itself...up to a week almost. Part of the effect initially is due to the very thin layer of Kaolin (clay) left behind on my skin, and it's this I believe that helps absorb the oil too over the course of the day, but the results do go beyond that, there is definitely a 'freshness' to my complexion. Comes in a glamorous metallic jar, housed in funky packaging. It is pricey but I would definitely repurchase this. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

a year ago

Sad because THEY TEST ON ANIMALS!! whyyyy

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I bought this mask twice. I had great results but they lasted a few days. It is good as a facial spa.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

I like the smell and the soft exfoliating crystals, but this really didn't do anything for my skin. I really wanted to like this since Thirstymud is a staple in my masking routine. This mask smells like tangerines and remains soft on your skin throughout the masking. After half an hour, I didn't notice any difference in my skin or the next day. Given the hefty price tag, it's highly unlikely that I will re-purchase this.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I have really sensitive skin and it's hard finding treatment masks that don't make my face so red and blotchy that I have to hide from public view for a week. I hesitantly took a sample of this from the lovely girl at Mecca and went home to try on a week that I didn't have much on (just in case I had to go into hiding). And to my surprise I didn't ha e any bad reactions. Not only did I not have a bad reaction but my skin was left bright and clear looking. It looked like I'd just had a really great facial. The sample is gone and I'm just on my way to the store now to buy more. In my opinion the price is worth it if something works for you. If you're worried about the price, grab a tester from Mecca or sephora and give it a go.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I got a sample packet when I made a purchase online at Sephora and I saw the full and mini sizes at Sephora so I thought I would try it out. The scent is fresh and citrus like. The texture is smooth mud with small amounts of exfoliates. I add water lightly to my face before I add the mask so it is more moisturizing. After 5-10 minutes I removed it with water and patted dry. Definitely found my skin smooth. I don't think I would use it daily, but would use it once a week. It's a good substitute for my Lush face masks when they are not in stock. I did find my face look brightening after use and my makeup looks better after exfoliated. A small tube last me a very long time because I don't use it all the time; maybe once every other week. I like to switch up from my other masks too. Thanks for reading!

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I've had this mask for months and was sceptical about using it but after a month of my skin just not being right, seeing that I normally don't have problem skin,I decided to give it a try. I have to say I'm super impressed. After only one use! I wasn't too fazed about the smell, I think it has a pleasant but not overpowering smell. The texture is that of most exfoliating masks - grainy so I did not mind that at all. I left the mask on for approximately 30 minutes then washed it off and let my skin air dry. My skin is bright and even and my pores seem to have shrunken away basically. And my skin feels soft and supple. I read some reviews that it leaves the skin a bit dry so I followed the mask up with Clinique smart treatment oil. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who can afford it. It's quite pricey here in South Africa (R800). I'm going to be using it a whole lot more to keep my skin looking as fabulous as it does now. So worth the try!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

3 years ago

It kind of felt like rubbing sand along my skin. It exfoliates really nicely but that's all. It's also very drying to my skin. My face does look good, it didn't break me out so that's good. I would use this mask as a prep or a first step for maybe a special occasion where I wanted a really smooth base. It cost too much so I will use it up but not repurchase. ETA: My skin looked awesome for a week after. I don't understand how glamglow works, I thought it was a marketing ploy but I might buy it again.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

3 years ago

It smells like turkish orange-tobacco, my husband asked me if i smoked a hookah. I said no, Its the glamglow. This mask doesnt do much for my skin, Its doesnt brighten,tighten. My pores look the same. It was a free sample but i would not buy it. It is definatly overhyped and overpriced. And i dont like the smell of it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGray

2.0
from

3 years ago

This is my first time using this product and i'm on the third day and i don't think i'll continue to use it, yesterday i started to notice a lot of redness and small break outs, I kind of have sensitive skin so i think this is irritating it, unfortunately i lost the receipt so i cant get my money back either so this is a lose, lose for me :(

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown