Younique Mineral Touch Liquid Foundation

Younique Mineral Touch Liquid Foundation

2.4

Dimethicone is

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was sucked into the younique hype, the price was steep but I figured if it was worth it I'd pay. I feel like I got five uses out of this and it was gone, I thought I was losing my mind but I saw others had the same issue.

The coverage was awful as well and I don't even have much to cover! I'm mostly ashamed that I fell for their scheme. Never again.

Leaves my face oily greasy feeling, it is thin and runny. It didnt last all day not even couple hours, only thing left on my face at the end of the day was in my eyebrows. Very little product for the price. I stick to my M.A.C. Foundation.

I had been tempted to try this stuff for a LONG time. Everybody's seen the amazing reviews where the girls are putting sharpies all over their face and covering it up. Coverage isn't a huge issue for me. I prefer a medium to full but building is fine. I actually tried this for the colour. I've tried SO MANY foundations in the past and can never get the colour quite right. (Although, this is my own fault. I should have gotten professionally matched, but whatever.)

Originally, the Younique rep matched me with Organza, the second lightest shade but I decide to try the colour Velour after watching several youtube videos and looking at some pictures. I hate looking like a corpse when I use a light foundation and end up having to bronze the shit out of my face. The price of the foundation is pretty steep, so I had pretty high hopes. I also purchased the pricey brush because I figured, go big or go home right?

I received my package in the mail about an hour ago. And score, they accidentally sent me 2 of them. (SHH!) So if it turns out I love this foundation, that's a big plus. I did a bit of priming with some cheap primer, and went for it. I did exactly as I was told, applying some foundation drops to the brush and applied in a circular motion.

THIS COLOUR IS PERFECT. Spot frickin on. It matches great, without leaving me looking deathly pale or orange in any way. It does like it says, goes on liquid, but finishes as a powder. Excellent. I don't have much to do today, but I'll be checking in on the foundation periodically to see how it's looking throughout the day. I did put on quite a bit, as I decided to try going as full coverage as I could. I don't really have any issues with acne, but I've got a few random freckles I like to hide, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm not sure if this would be great on oily skin, as it's quite liquidy to begin with. And if I didn't get 2 of them I'd probably complain about the price. You don't even get a full fluid oz for over $40. Tomorrow I'll probably try applying it with a different method to see how it is without the brush.

I want to like this stuff. And so far I do. But like I said, my biggest issue here was the colour. And Velour is fantastic.

on 3/10/2018 8:33:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product, but I just couldn't. I am almost 50 so I have to deal with skin that is oily in some places and dry in others. I use very good skin care products prescribed by my dermatologist that keep my skin perfectly balanced and so my skin is in very good condition for my age. With that background, I used this foundation and it literally drew all of the moisture out of my skin! The best way to describe it is that my skin went from looking like a plump grape to a shriveled up raisin with this foundation on it. It literally made my skin look at least 10-15 years older. Not at all what I want from a foundation. I will say that I loved the coverage, if only it wasn't so drying. Very disappointing.

Honestly the worst and the most expensive I've ever purchased
My chosen shade was scarlet
It's thin watery and and has a weird smell there is absolutely no coverage it makes me look like a corpse
I think the only way me to use it without being asked if im I'll is to blend it with something that's to dark for me honestly have had better from poundland do not waste you money plz

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It's rare that I'm completely disgusted by everything that a brand has to offer, but it's pretty obvious that Younique has just thrown together some garbage products to try to cover up the fact that they're a MLM/pyramid scheme operation. The makeup is an afterthought. They sell the worst mascaras I have ever tried, and this foundation is the worst foundation I have ever tried. It's sort of watery and oily going on, and made me look really shiny, but then after about a half hour, I had a powdery cast on my face and it looked like it was cracking inside wrinkles that I don't even have yet. Try literally anything else.

on 12/13/2017 5:27:00 PM

Way too oily, separates (regardless of what I wear underneath - eg., primer, moisturizer, sunscreen), doesn't last long. I can't fathom why it has a ~$50 CAD price tag. Such a rip off.

on 11/18/2017 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

For me this product did not work on my oily skin it dries down to a weird look not mat,not dewy or luminous not even satin.lets just say it's a pass for me I am not casket ready yet.

on 11/17/2017 5:40:00 AM

Literally the worst foundation I have seen. It sinks into creases, wrinkles, etc. it gave a corpse/like appearance is the only way I can describe it. It arrived very dry. Not enough rose water to fix it. I would give this product all 0's if it was an option. The price is very expensive and very unattractive appearance. Customer service was a nightmare so I decided to give up and take the money loss. The presenter was too busy trying to get black status instead of helping her customers. After 30 emails, 5 texts, and asking in person twice I decided to give up trying to get my money back.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've always been skeptical of trying this because of Younique's reputation of their presenters being pushy and the products not living up to it's claims. I was finally convinced to try it by a coworker who is a presenter and I was glad there was a 14 day full refund policy. I watched and read reviews online will waiting for this foundation to arrive and they weren't good. So I was convinced I was going to hate this. I was willing to try it though because it's cruelty free and not made with ingredients I'm allergic to.

My Skin: Sensitive, combo-dry, acne prone
Tone: The shade of casper.

I applied this with a real technique's sponge. I don't have the type of brush used in the presenters videos and I'm bad at cleaning foundation brushes. I think that brushes soak up this foundation so people are getting good coverage. Now this is buildable. Starting with a small about then adding more when you need it, gives a much better finish.

I don't have perfect skin. I currently have breakout, uneven texture, acne scarring. Besides my one nasty pimple that the size of a volcano, everything else was covered and I still looked like me. Around that one bad pimple, it did look dry. This lasted from 6:45 A.M. until 9:00 P.M. It also doesn't feel heavy. If you get oily throughout the day use some powder.

I think the key to this foundation is the moisturize very well underneath and prime if you need to. Also adding a small amount and building up works than slathering a bunch on at once.

I've knocked off 1 star because Scarlett (the lightest shade) is a tad to yellow for me.

I like this foundation. As long as I don't have a breakout in a few days, I will continue to use it.