Guerlain Kisskiss Roselip

No Image

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This treatment hydrates and has a lovely tint, but it doesn't protect my lips and it certainly doesn't last. In the winter I prefer rich balms to keep my lips from drying out and usually I dab on some lipstick overtop for color. I hoped the Kisskiss Roselip would do 'double-duty' with sheer color and balminess, but it failed because my lips absorb all the stuff that's supposed to keep my lips soft, then all that's left is a little bit of dry film that makes me want to keep reapplying. It took about 15 minutes for the first layer to suck right into my lips. My city is cold and windy in the winter and I want something that stays on my lips, something that really leaves a lasting lush, emollient film. It does hydrate and soften my lips, but without a protective film that lasts, the softening aspect does not stick around for long.

Colors are subtle and definitely on the tinted balm side; these are transparent colors that give a sheer tint to the lips. I bought Chic Pink (natural browned pink) and Peach Party (pinky-coral, not peach at all). Pigment intensity is about a 3 out of 10. This aspect makes it easy to apply without a mirror.

For what it's worth, I really love Bobbi Brown's Lip Balm and Clarins' Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm. Both have serious substance on my lips and it takes a long time for my lips to absorb it all.

on 5/8/2016 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have two of these in colours 'pink me up' and 'wonder violette'. Overall, if not for the price(it is Guerlain after all) I'm very impressed.

It's sheer but gives a great wash of colour, it even plumps my lips up. And having used both the Dior Lip Glow and Dior Lip Maximizer, I am far more impressed with this. :)

on 4/1/2016 2:33:00 PM

These are really 2 different products, there's the "Morning Rose", which appears colorless in the tube but is actually a "mood" lip balm like Dior Lip Glow in Pink - in fact they are the exact same shade of sheer candy pink, when applied. They are similar in formula as well; but Guerlain's version is all about the packaging, and of course, nails it. I'm not sure why it wasn't promoted as a color-changing product, everything I read about it made it seem to be virtually colorless. It was a pleasant surprise, but it's definitely not a balm you'd want to wear to bed.

Then, there are the shaded colors, I have Chic Pink, which is a sheer pinkish nude MLBB. For being called "Chic Pink" it's not very pink, it tones down the pink in my naturally pigmented lips. And it is buildable. I found it thicker, shinier, and with much more of a traditional lipstick finish than the Morning Rose. The shaded versions of Roselip are comparable to Dior's Rouge Baumes, but those are slightly more tenacious ime.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Waste of money for the quality. I had really dry winter lips and points to spend, figured I'd splurge on something that must be magical. I also used to use their Kiss Kiss Balm that had incredible lasting power and was more moisturizing. That was worth the price. This is not magical and it's absurdly priced. It's a slippery lip balm with some tint that doesn't have particularly good lasting power. I bought Joe Fresh tinted lip balm in the supermarket for a few dollars that I like much better. It's more pigmented and firmer and lasts about the same. I bought Wonder Violette, a pretty pink/plummy shade. Merle Norman is harder for me to come by where I live- their Lip Glazes are much better quality, cheaper and have lovely shades. This isn't worth it!

on 12/7/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This product is extremely overpriced. I think most of the cost goes toward the packaging, which is a beautiful and substantial-feeling white tube with gold accents.

I tried this in Peach Party, which was coral-y orange. The formula is extremely sheer, but can be layered somewhat. It does have a rose scent, which I usually don't mind but I find a bit strange in a lip product.

In the end, I will be returning this because it's basically a more expensive version of Burt's Bee's tinted lip balm, or a tinted Fresh lip treatment.

on 9/13/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this in Morning Rose (a very subtle pink) and Peach Party (a warm toned coral-red). Morning Rose is great for everyday makeup and gives a more polished look than no lipstick, it's a great alternative to Dior Lipglow which unfortunately dries my lips out. Peach Party has just enough tint to liven up your face without being too bright, this is my favourite of the two I've tried.
The balm itself is very moisturising with a slight rose fragrance and they last about 2 hours before you'll need to re-apply which isn't too bad for a balm. I haven't noticed any plumping effects as claimed but the moisture it provides does make your lips look fresh. The only downside to this product for me is the cost for the small amount of product you get, these are only 2.8g for AUD$46 which is about 20% less product than Lipglow for the same price.

Top Rated Lip Treatments