2.8

price range

Reviews

2.0

13 days ago

Looked really flat on my skin

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 months ago

I don't know how this has so many negative reviews. I find it difficult finding a foundation that doesn't look cakey on me or sweats off in a couple hours. This looks so natural my skin but better, I'm a little oily after a few hours but not as bad as other foundations I've tried. I'll be buying it again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

4 months ago

This is going to be copied and slightly altered from the magic concealer review I just did. I am 40 with currently medium cool toned skin that is normal, neither oily nor dry. I’m not hiding anything except some hereditary redness and dark circles and it’s important to me that whatever I use doesn’t age me (sink into pores, fine lines, cake up etc) OR move around/wear off/transfer. I use shade 5 in this and magic concealer which is probably equal to around an nw25-30. This is my routine when I do a Charlotte Tilbury face (pic attached I’m in a hat): After my super elaborate morning skincare routine which involves antioxidants peptides niacinamide creams (including CT magic cream last step before spf) eye cream etc and sunscreen (this is same every single am regardless of what makeup I’m using - this is just my CT makeup routine which some things carry over to my other foundations): Prime face with the CT youth glow primer in white bottle which has radiance and is best CT primer for redness. Prime under eye with Becca under eye primer. Apply CT magic foundation shade 5 with any foundation brush which gives the most coverage (but lightly under eyes since well you’ll see below they get their own love). For lighter coverage, you can use the damp beauty blender. I like to be very covered though. Apply Becca under eye corrector in light/medium. Blend that in with the magic concealer’s sponge applicator in shade 5. Unlike many, I love the concealer sponge it is perfect. Then I blend under eye further since the concealer sponge is really just an applicator with a DRY beauty blender- the skinny tip. Set this with CT loose powder in shade 1 or pressed in shade 2 (that’s just what I own there’s not such a big difference in 1&2). These powders are amazing for aging skin and I’ve previously reviewed them. Set under eye further with Becca under eye powder. Do my contour/highlight/blush, then use a radiant finishing powder with a ginormous brush to blend and lock it all in (the pink Becca powder, guerlain meteorites, etc) then I complete eyes brows lips etc. I get a perfect look with this combo (as perfect as I can get anyway). The finish of foundation & concealer is radiant (even with the powders) and doesn’t move or budge or rub off all day - maybe not as permanent as another love - doublewear - but very very good. My mascara doesn’t smudge with it. It lasts all day. It doesn’t settle in ANY fine lines or pores in fact they are masked. It brightens. It doesn’t look cakey AT ALL. I put some of the magic concealer where i need additional coverage on my nostrils because I have allergies and sometimes blow my nose. The website has a matching tool to help with the color choices and which concealer shade to match with which foundation. Under my eyes, there is already a thin layer of magic foundation, the Becca corrector and magic away concealer, so I get totally opaque coverage on my blue hereditary circles. I have nothing bad to say about this foundation. I tried and hated the new matte one that just came out - it just looked cakey and bad. This magic foundation is definitely in my top 5!!!

About reviewer (388 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 months ago

Mixed feelings about this one. What I like: The best thing about this is it totally disguised my pores, it's also very buildable, I generally prefer medium coverage and achieved this easily using my trusty beauty blender. On areas where I needed extra coverage, where there is a touch of unevenness or a darker patch, I could build this to a near-full coverage. The downside is there aren't many shades and it started to break up in some areas after about 8 hours of wear. This happened both with and without using Benefits Porefessional under it. I also tried with a mattifying primer (Becca) but the results were the same. If you have oily skin or areas like I do this most likely won't be the right foundation for you...the areas where it disintegrated the most were coincidentally my t-zone (oiliest), yet my cheeks (driest) were more or less as they were after I'd applied it.   Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil  2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm  3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum  4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser  5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer  6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash  7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)  8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream  9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion  10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 months ago

I was really excited to try this foundation as lots of my friends were banging on about it but to be honest, it just works like a bb cream. Coverage is not great. I think the product is very average and really doesn't live up to the hype.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 months ago

Five stars for having a color pale enough. Five stars for the way it looks when I apply it. Two stars for the way it wears. I have dry skin and rarely need to touch up, blot, or powder with other foundations. With this foundation, after an hour or two I look shiny and my pores are visible; different moisturizers, primers, and setting powders did not make a difference. It looks great at first, but has no lasting power. I did not notice any oxidation.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 months ago

I have aging, bone-dry, flaky, rosacean, flaky, acne-prone skin and I am on a neverending quest for a natural-looking foundation that evens out my blotchy skin without causing pots or a rosacea flare. I have this in shade Fair 3 and it is bang-on perfect for my pale, neutral, N10-15 skin. This offers medium coverage (I don't find it to be buildable as it cakes + highlights lines and flakes if I try to layer it) and is best applied with fingers or a damp Beauty Blender sponge. A brush lays it on too thick and creates a cakey mess. This has a gorgeously moist texture for application, but the finish is described as matte (which is why I almost didn't buy it). I am still experimenting with ways to ensure a natural satin finish with this - lately I thin it out on the back of my hand before applying by mixing with with a bit of Burberry Fresh Glow. I have mixed feelings about the packaging: love the glass bottle + rose gold cap but I wish this featured an airtight pump. If I took a lot of selfies, I would be wary of flashback in photos with this as it includes both zinc + TO2 as the sunscreen ingredients. Bonus points for no fragrance but this has a strong chemical smell on application which dissipates fast. This has not irritated my rosacea or caused any breakouts. While it is pricey, you get a lot of product for your buck. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this - it's definitely worth a shot, even if you aren't a fan of matte foundation. I will definitely be giving the CT Light Wonder foundation a try next to see how it compares.

About reviewer (504 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

1.0

a year ago

What a waste of money! Very patchy, minimal coverage, even tho they state it's one of their best foundations with best coverage - I won't be trying any other. Maybe for the models (with flawless skin) it's good as a light foundation, but for the real woman that have issues with skin at some level and need for a coverage, this is no good. Been working with different brands over the time and this is one of the biggest disappointment because of the price and the brand is well known and trusted. Never again!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

a year ago

the first few times i tried this, i thought it was absolutely horrendous -- it oxidized, broke up, got oily, all kinds of bad! then i tried it a different way and i think it's brilliant! it gives you a flawless matte finish that's long-wearing. how i wore it to make it look good: belif moisturizer generously slathered on, then hourglass veil primer, then magic foundation (stippled on with beauty sponge) on top. lightly set with laura mercier translucent powder. didn't oxidize at all, still looks fab six hours in, stays totally matte. hope this helps someone. i think the trick is to really put on a generous layer of moisturizer underneath and to use a silicone-based primer.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

This is a very nice foundation, but I have to mix it with primer to get the look and feel I like (dewy/moist). This was an "add on" purchase and I won't likely buy it again, but I will use what I have. The shade #1 is perfect for my pale face! I don't use foundation, I prefer tinted moisturizer and now I know why, as this is too dry for me. Oh, well, live and learn. It's great mixed with moisturizer, but then the SPF is too low. I actually prefer my tinted moisturizers to this. But the color is so PERFECT, I add it to the mix.

About reviewer (379 reviews)

Age56 & Over