Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Mario Badescu Drying Mask

2.8

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

29/01/2013
I read almost all the reviews before I purchased this little jar of.....well stinky greatness! Its consistency is really nice as it spreads evenly and doesn't dry rock hard. Like one of the ladies mentioned though, it actually smells worse when I washed it off. This was three hours ago and I can still smell it! It's very unusual, however, it works so I don't mind it smelling like" wet, muddy, stinky dog" as my four year old son so honestly told me when I asked him for a kiss, sadly he refused:-(.
Anyway, my skin looks amazing! It's more even toned, well exfoliated and soft. I left it on only for 20 minutes and only applied a really thin layer. With regular use perhaps discolourations will be a thing of the past? I am spot treating on a couple of hormonal bumps at the moment so I will have to update on how well that worked. My only issue now is asking my husband for a kiss....poor man!

I also want to say that I've tried the healing soothing mask- Very nice, well rested skin after use and buffering lotion which is amazing on red raised breakouts. Kills them in two days flat! Doesn't do much for under the skin bumps which is why I got the drying mask. Anyway girls, everyone is different so you will have to try products yourself until something sticks. Good luck;-)

30/01/2013
So it's the next day and unfortunately spot treating overnight was no miracle treatment:-( the two bumps are still there, I guess being hormonal doesn't help. I'll stick with the buffering lotion for breakouts from now on, works a treat each time! Having said that, the drying mask refined the texture of my skin like nothing else... I will keep using it. I do find though its best when I work it into the skin then let it dry, that way it exfoliates better....:-)

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I tried the Drying Mask and I'm going to say....no thanks. It made my skin feel SO dry. I'll probably give it another go, but it really made my skin feel too tight and delicate. The only pros are good price and okay packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm on the fence with this product. On one hand it does dry out pimples and reduces redness, on the other hand (for me) for every pimple you are targeting 2 more sore red deep pimples are drawn to the surface after each application. Like everyone says it does smell awful and you can still smell it in your nostrils sometime the next day, but if you can get it at a good price it's worth a look, it may benefit someone with very normal skin, I would not recomend it for people with sensitive skin or sensitive stomachs.

on 10/11/2007 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

It stinks soooo bad, its undescribable, and its too drying for normal to oily skin.

on 9/12/2007 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've heard many complaints about the smell, which actually isn't a big deal for me, I could really put up with anything as long as it worked, which it didn't. Lucky I only recieved as a sample, I wouldn't try this if you had dry skin as it is a drying mask, but it really didn't do anything for my super oily , acne prone skin, back to the drawing board.

EDIT :Talked to a SA today, she told me to put on the Mario Buffering Lotion, then apply the Drying mask on top , leave for 20 minutes and rinse and reapply the Buffering Lotion. Only tried it once, didnt' really do anything for me.

on 8/17/2007 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This mask works on my combination, acne prone skin. I really rinse- like 40 or so times- to make sure that I get it all off and even then, when I apply toner, I notice that a little is still coming off on the cotton. Really works at drying up oily spots but has not made my dry spots drier. About the smell, I actually like it. I seem to smell more of a clay smell than sulfur, but then again, I don't mind the smell of gas or mothballs.