Aveda Smooth Infusion Styling Cream

No Image

on 8/10/2017 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. I received it as a gift or I probably would never have purchased it, due to the price, but now I'm in love and will splurge to repurchase when I run out.

To begin with, I love the smell. Love it. I wish it stuck around for me a bit more, but my hair almost never hangs on to scents.

Some styling products break me out where my hair touches my face, especially along my jaw line, but this one never has, which is always appreciated.

This product works really well on my 2a-2c. I almost always dry it up in a pony or I'll wash and blow dry it about 2 times a week. I've currently given up on air drying and coaxing the curl out further, it's a fight I'm not interested in. I still have frizz when I air dry, even with this product, but without a strong gel and really gentle and guided diffusing, nothing solves that 100%. This product does decrease it, and far more than any other product I've tried, so I don't feel like I should bump it down from 5 lippies to 4. I think it's just my hair, not the product.

I always use this before blow drying, or if I plan to later straighten it. It really smoothes it out without weighing down my hair and making it limp. It does contains silicones, and after much trial and error I've learned that my hair definitely does better with a small amount of silicones, plus they help protect against heat.

A little goes a long way, so even with using it once or twice a week on and off for 6+ months I still have half a bottle, and that is with thick hair. That helps me justify repurchasing is, since it runs about $25 but lasts for months and months.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product. I've been testing out various stuff on my long, wildly thick, out of control curly/wavy hair ('fro on the bottom, waves on top of you must know: shooting for waves throughout). Tried Davines (lame so far) some R+Co products, Deva Curl, Living proof, etc. I bought this one thanks to the guidance of other MUA reviews (👋🏼👋🏼😽) and it is by far the best styling product I have tried. To be clear, I don't straighten my curls, I guide them into what I hope to be Beyoncè's hair eventually. This stuff zaps frizz like whoa. Love it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Thoroughly impressed! I have between 3a and 3b naturally curly hair that is easy to straighten, but very prone to frizz. Not just a halo, but hair getting bigger throughout the day when curly and straight. I also live in a climate that ranges from 50-100% humidity every day in the Summer. I have been pleased with Living Straight styling spray and cream, but sometimes my hair feels dry. Oh, I also color my hair and it is VERY dry. I only have to wash once a week or so.I was looking forward to this cream adding more moisture to my hair and helping it to stay straight. After washing and conditioning I used my Bumble and Bumble primer ( I don't really notice much difference with this) then applied the styling creme in sections. My hair tends to never have product overload as I can use serum every day and still not notice hair looking "greasy". I let it air dry most of the way then blowdryed while coming out. My hair was much softer and smoother with this creme than any other product (including Naturally Straight, which I love too). It felt a bit "heavier" and conditioned than wiht other products. I could feel my hair getting softer when I combed the creme through. After flat ironing, I still have great body, but my hair was sleeker with fewer flyaways. I worked outside today in 100% humidity and my hair stayed straight, sleek, and soft. I will continue to use this creme and will update if my results change. I would not recommend this to someone with fine hair that gets weighed down easily. Instead try the Aveda Naturally Straight.

UPDATE: I washed my hair Monday and it is now Saturday, and my hair is still not frizzy (I have not had to use serum) and has stayed straighter longer. When I get up I only need to flat iron several pieces, not my entire head of hair. In the past I have had to flat iron all my hair each day to get the sleek look, but not this week. Super excited about these results. Go try a sample! I did not partner this with any other styling product, as I wanted to see the results on its own. I did use the B&B primer spray, but as I said earlier, I never feel like that makes much of a difference on the hydration or frizziness of my hair.

on 5/4/2016 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great product! I have used many styling creams, and even being careful to not over-apply, or to avoid roots, my hair ends up weighed down and greasy looking. I have long fine hair, and a lot of it. I NEEDED a product that made nice looking air-dried hair a possibility. This product makes a huge difference. I apply almost a quarter sized drop in my hair, concentrating on mid-length and ends, and using residue on roots. My hair air dries bouncy, shiny, and wavy, as long as I follow a few other techniques. I don't rub a towel on my hair, I just fold it on my head with no rubbing, I use a wide tooth comb, and then I try to hardly touch my hair at all until it is mostly dry. And voila, nice hair! Still not as a pretty as a blow out, but good enough to leave the house! Sometimes I put dry shampoo in too after a washing and this prevents greasiness much better than waiting until your hair is actually dirty. Also I will put a little oil on my ends for extra shininess. But this is the product that really makes air-drying possible, and then one I would pick if I had to choose. I've air-dried without to see if it really made a difference, and holy heck, bad hair day. Also, it smells awesome. Love it. Only con is it's a bit pricey. Big bottle though!

on 9/16/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product! It's natural, smells great, and very moisturizing. Since I've been using it, my hair has been smooth, but not weighed down or greasy. I only use a tiny bit (roughly the size of an M&M) on my naturally straight, medium-length hair and it's perfect.

Popular Styling Products