Lipstick Queen Frog Prince

Frog PrinceFrog PrinceFrog Prince8 hrs later with a touch of Hello Sailor gloss

4.3

on 12/2/2017 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my new favorite lip products. I think some people aren't thrilled by it because they're expecting an opaque lipstick. However, this is actually a lip stain. It's exactly what I was hoping it would be: sheer yet pigmented, moisturizing yet light. This gives my lips a natural, cool-toned pink flush that looks equally good with a bare face or a full face of makeup. The formula is really unique; it's moisturizing (one of the first ingredients is castor oil) but it doesn't coat my lips in a heavy layer or mask. It looks natural because it allows the texture of your lips to show, which I personally like but could also be a disadvantage if your lips are chapped or wrinkled. I can wear it multiple days in a row without my lips getting dry (I just make sure to apply a good balm overnight). Also, the green color just makes it fun to apply. The packaging is simple, high quality, and sleek. It's a little pricey, but if you're interested in other Lipstick Queen colors, try purchasing one of the gift sets--you can get two or three full-size lipsticks for a reduced price.

Overall, if you're looking for a great, "my lips but better" lip stain that has a foolproof application, this is the product for you!

on 8/27/2017 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This one won't work for everyone, but on me personally, it is the perfect blush pink. My lips are naturally quite pigmented, a sort of dark dusky colour. They change colour depending on how warm it is and I can look a little bit... well, like death warmed over when the temperature is less than optimal. on application, this immediately changes to a cool toned pink, the perfect undertone to give my face some life without the high maintenance associated with a full lipstick application.

The balmy feel of this wears off in about 2 hours, but it leaves a subtle pinkish stain which I happen to love. For those wondering, the Kailijumei colour-changing flower lipsticks are a lot more brightly coloured, although still very pretty, can veer towards garish if you go heavy on the application. Frog Prince is a lot more toned down and easy to wear.

on 8/17/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this thing. It gives me the most beautiful shade of red. It's perfect for everyday use which is what I needed.

on 8/8/2017 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This started a beautiful colour. The way it faded was the problem. It stayed the cherry red on the outside of my lips and faded fast on the inside. Reapplication reinforced the colour on edge and the middle looked the original colour-fail for me. Full disclose I do drink a lot of water so lipsticks need a lot to hang in there.
I do use the frog prince blush as a lip colour and I love that!

on 8/8/2017 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am so cheap with my lip products in general, but a friend convinced me to try this and I'm so glad I splurged. I remember color changing lipsticks from when I was a kid and teenager, but that's not really why I bought this. Color changing lipsticks have been around a long time, if I'm not mistaken, so that wasn't a revolutionary idea. Do I think it's cool? Sure, but not $20+ cool. What sold me on this was what I heard about the feel of it and the swatches I looked up online. I've been searching for an everyday kind of lipstick that I could literally wear anywhere, and this is it.

On me, it comes out a nice rose shade, just like I hoped (because of the description, but I've heard a few cases of it not turning rosy). It isn't too dark, but it's different enough from my natural lip color to tell I'm wearing something. Even my husband commented on how nice the color looked. I was worried it would come out either too dark or bright, or not change color enough to be noticeable, but I'm very pleased with how it looks.

This isn't the most moisturizing lip product, but it's the most comfortable lipstick I think I've ever owned. I get dry lips from every kind of lipstick I try, even the ones marketed as "moisturizing," so I'm thrilled to not have to layer the richest balm I can find under this lipstick. It doesn't seem to really add much moisture, but I don't get any extra dryness from it, either.

I'll definitely be buying this again if it remains available, and this will probably be the first lipstick I actually finish a whole tube of in years. In fact, I might (after I thin my current lipstick collection) try some other Lipstick Queen shades, and if I find a couple more I love, I might just switch from a dozen cheap lipsticks to 2-4 from this brand.

on 4/26/2017 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On me (nw20, deep winter who pulls out orange/brown in any color that has an iota of it-in a bad way) this turned a raspberry pink on my lips. The problem was, it just kept getting brighter and brighter almost looking like a red raspberry. Once the shade finally settled down, it was not the most complimentary look on me. I don't hate the lipstick, but I am not paying $25 for quirky lipstick. It is very gel like and mushy, so when I was disinfecting the one to try on, the whole bullet mushed. Thus, be careful.

On the pro side:
-Novelty - fun to play with, would make a great gift because this isn't the kind of lipstick you want to pay for yourself (at least not at this price).
-Leaves a nice stain on the lips that is quite persistent.

On the con side:
-Way to much money for a novelty lipstick
-I don't like how the color kept changing and changing on me. I have this problem enough naturally. My goal is to put on a lippie, know it looks good and move on.

Again, it would make a cute gift or stocking stuffer. But this is not something I would buy for myself.

on 3/24/2017 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Frog Prince is one of my favorite lip products ever. I'm not someone who likes the feeling of anything other than a lip balm but decided to get this lipstick because I heard it feels like a balm, which I agree with. It's so comfortable and effortless. The color it leaves me with is a bright rosy pink stain that lasts several hours. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase.

The colour change concept and packaging didn't really appeal to me. It is definitely clever, well executed and eye catching but I bought Frog Prince instead on the strength of reviews when looking for a daytime mid-pink that looks fairly natural. I absolutely love the shade, against my fair skin it transforms to a deep rose pink that is pretty but not too bold - perfect for an everyday lip. It's highly moisturising and feels very lightweight and natural on the lips which is a big plus, especially in winter when I'm prone to dry lips. The only issue after a week of daily wear is that I find I need to reapply after about two hours but I suppose that's the price you pay for such a comfortable wear.

on 1/9/2017 7:42:00 PM

I tried this on in-store and wore it for a day. Like other reviewers, I also think this has a great and moisturising formula, easy application and does quickly create a tint. This means wear is very good because colour remains evenly during the day, even if you need to top with a balm/gloss after a while. The whole goes on green thing is also mega-cool.

BUT. This did not become my best shade of pink as promised. It changed to a hot, deep pink on me which really washes me out. I need a coral, orange based colour. It's a hard product to review because I'm sure it turns a beautiful colour that works for other people. Just unfortunately not for me.

on 10/25/2016 7:23:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

After reading many reviews, reading about this on many blogs, I bought a tube at Ulta. It is an excellent all day work lip color and balm. It does stain my lips I apply it as I leave for work, once mid morning, and then once after lunch. I don't need any more lip balm after that, but when Iget home at night to take off my makeup, I still have soft rosier pink lips. I bought the Hello Sailor, and if I want a deeper berry color, I apply it on top of the first application of Frog Prince.

This replaces my Sugar Rose Lip Balm. I will also be buying to send to my favorite family members for Christmas.