Lipstick Queen Frog Prince

Lipstick Queen Frog Prince
Frog PrinceFrog Prince8 hrs later with a touch of Hello Sailor gloss

4.3

on 1/9/2017 7:42:00 PM

I tried this on in-store and wore it for a day. Like other reviewers, I also think this has a great and moisturising formula, easy application and does quickly create a tint. This means wear is very good because colour remains evenly during the day, even if you need to top with a balm/gloss after a while. The whole goes on green thing is also mega-cool.

BUT. This did not become my best shade of pink as promised. It changed to a hot, deep pink on me which really washes me out. I need a coral, orange based colour. It's a hard product to review because I'm sure it turns a beautiful colour that works for other people. Just unfortunately not for me.

on 10/25/2016 7:23:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

After reading many reviews, reading about this on many blogs, I bought a tube at Ulta. It is an excellent all day work lip color and balm. It does stain my lips I apply it as I leave for work, once mid morning, and then once after lunch. I don't need any more lip balm after that, but when Iget home at night to take off my makeup, I still have soft rosier pink lips. I bought the Hello Sailor, and if I want a deeper berry color, I apply it on top of the first application of Frog Prince.

This replaces my Sugar Rose Lip Balm. I will also be buying to send to my favorite family members for Christmas.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A good friend recommended this to me and it's pure love. An awesome everyday rosy stain that suits everyone I've seen wear it. A perfect gift for makeup loving gfs too as its a one colour suits all type situation. Is hydrating and has a glossy finish and I love that it's a swipe and go product I can even touch up sans mirror if need be.

on 9/27/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, it’s a gimmick but it’s done well. When I was a kid I had a mood lipstick. It was an impulse buy, something near the cash register in a cardboard display box that probably even said, “Amaze your friends!” I don't remember the name of that one, and the color it turned on my skin was never as pretty as this. As you must know by now, Frog Prince is a green lipstick that turns your lips a darker rosy pink.

I love the deep raspberry shade it becomes on me, intensifying my natural lip tone, with a subtle balm-like sheen. It appears as if my lips are deeply pigmented or I just ate a cherry popsicle. The color does not come off on my coffee cup or drinking straw. It wears off relatively evenly and the berry stain lasts a long time. If you crave a “my-lips-but-better” rosy hue, a lip that says you’ve been skiing all morning, this is the lipstick that could make people wonder, “Is she or isn’t she wearing lipstick?”

Of course, my cynical grown-up friends won’t be amazed by a mood lipstick or turn green with envy if they don't have one, too. However, little kids think it's cool and it entertains them for a few minutes. Something to keep in mind if you ever have to babysit.

If Frog Prince didn’t moisturize my lips and do something attractive to my pout, I certainly wouldn’t recommend it, but it does. I'd buy it again and it’s a cute little stocking stuffer. Since it gives such a natural flattering flush to any lip, you don’t have to wonder whether it will look good on your friend. And it’s fun. I think everyone should try kissing this Frog Prince at least once.

However, I have to take off one lippie for cheap packaging and lack of quality control at the factory. When my Frog Prince arrived, the green wax bullet had stuck to the inside of the metal cap and had pulled out of the base. I was able to re-seat the bullet in the pink metal tube without ruining the lipstick, but the tip was slightly dented. Curses.

It wasn't so damaged that I had to return the item, but this packaging problem spoiled my initial enthusiasm, and it was only later that I forgave the Lipstick Queen for her carelessness. In all my years of buying various brands of lipstick, that’s the first time I’ve ever seen a brand new lipstick separate from the casing in transit. But I am still rating Frog Prince 4 croaks out of 5, because I seem to remember Kermit saying, "It's not easy being green."

INGREDIENTS:

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vegetable Oil (Olus / Huile Vegetale), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera / Cire De Candelilla), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Red 21 (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 9/22/2016 8:23:00 AM

I didn't buy this product, I got a miniature one free in a Space NK goodie bag - why is this important? Because I didn't buy this and had no intention of buying it thinking it was an overpriced hyped up "another pink lipstick".
Why did I think this? A long time ago I remember being bought a green lipstick that turned pink, it was by Barry M and they still make that lipstick I think. It really does go bright pink though so be careful with that.

I guess I had a sense of "Ugh, been there seen that, nothing new" and so I was very "whatever" about it and really felt like it was total gimmick. I mean it kind of it a bit, but I do actually think the name is very cute and clever.

So now I've explained that I flat out dismissed this product I wish to tell you about my enormous surprise when I tried the miniature that I got in the gift bag. Absolutely PERFECT everyday pink lipstick. Perfect amount of colour, perfect glossy but not too glossy texture - very "no makeup makeup" at least on me. I seriously LOVE it.

I will be purchasing this lipstick when I run out of my miniature and I will also be purchasing one for my mother and one for my sister because I want to see their faces when they think i've gone mental for buying them a green lipstick and their joy when they see it's actually a very wearable beautiful and importantly: Hassle free lipstick.
Honestly I did really expect this to be screaming bright pink and unflattering on me but it isn't at all.

Would recommend to pretty much everyone except those with already beautifully pigmented lips. Love!!!

on 8/17/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought my second tube, so I thought it was time to review: I love Frog Prince!
I'm a huge fan of Lipstick Queen products, and Hello Sailor & Medieval are what I wear 75% of the time because they are sheer, moisturizing & very flattering on.
I was not thrilled with Frog Prince when I first got it because while the pink color it turned to was beautiful, it was BRIGHT--much brighter than I usually wear every day. But over the months it has really grown on me, and I seem to receive more compliments whilst wearing this shade.
I find it to be as moisturizing as Hello Sailor & Medieval, with more pigment--it's definitely not as sheer. I also find that I don't have to reapply as often, and it does leave a pleasant pink stain as it wears off. It turns a beautiful, bright rosy pink on me. Took awhile to warm to it, but Frog Prince is def now in steady rotation.

on 8/16/2016 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A green lipstick that turns your lips into your perfect pink colour? Here, take my money. Yes, this is pretty gimmicky but the technology is amazing and it truly changes into a lovely pink that suits your complexion. When I swatched it on my arm (tan) vs my friend's arm (very pale), the pinks that were produced were very different but very complementary to our own skin tones. Additionally, the product feels very hydrating and balm-like, without losing pigmentation. It won't stay all day or last through a greasy meal, but it doesn't promise to, and yes, it is a gimmick, but it is an effective (albeit expensive) tinted lip balm that personalises to the wearer. I won't need to repurchase because there's so much of it and I have other lip products in rotation.

on 7/25/2016 11:30:00 AM

Sorry to be the voice of dissent here. This green tinted stick lip balm turns my lips a slightly deeper sort-of pink color. It never goes on green. It is not rose, mauve, peach or any other color, but a somewhat deeper MLBB shade. In fact, it is not as pigmented as Medieval. It is a nice moisturizing balm in a gorgeous case, but it is otherwise an expensive cute trick. On the back of my hand, the pink is barely perceptible. Disappointed. No taste or scent, but I can feel a slight tingle when I am wearing it.

it always hurts to spend so much on a lipstick, but when it's good, it's good, and I'm in love. it looks weird in the tube, the bullet being green and all, but when you apply it, it turns pink instantly, and I'm so in love with the color. I can understand why it's always out of stock at ulta BC it is that cool. I want to try the blue--> mauve one next

on 6/4/2016 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this lip product! The price is a bit steep, but it really reminds me of the Dior Lip Glow balms, except this feels more slick and less waxy to me. I think they are basically the same concept as well, aside from the fact that this product is green in the tube. Both promise custom lip shades perfect for you, but this is a little more pigmented in my opinion. I love the shade it turns on me, my lips are naturally very pigmented, but this definitely deepens and changes the color of them. Beautiful and it is so easy and comfortable to wear, this is perfect for everyday use. The packaging is very nice too, compact and feels substantial, not cheap at all.