NYX Micro Brow Pencil

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
NYX Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow Pencil

4.3

Must be on my 5th one of these by now, I absolutely love it. I'm very fussy when it comes to eyebrows and I can honestly say this does everything I want in a brow product. You get a decent amount of product for a good price (£8), very easy to use, looks super natural whilst still being pigmented, has a nice buttery texture (I've found some brow pencil/crayons to be quite waxy and drag across the skin, but I've never had that issue with this), and it even has a spoolie at one end so you can easily diffuse the colour if you've been a bit heavy-handed. There is also a good selection of colours - all of which are very natural i.e. warm browns aren't too red. Just a shame my local Boots' stock always runs very low, very quickly on these :( I guess that just shows how good it is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's a really good eye brow pencil the lasting power is good. The color is good also, but It is very little product in the package so you have to buy a new one every month.

So many shades and great performance

I absolutely love this eyebrow pencil. It is a bit tougher to work with, not as creamy and the products runs out rather quickly, but since it's not that expensive, it's no bother. On me it lasts all day and it looks natural. One of my favorite Nyx products, for sure!

This is a good pencil but the color range is too warm. Mine is in the shade espresso I believe. I have medium brown hair but my eyebrow hairs are very cool toned and this eyebrow pencil just looks unnatural in daylight as it does not match my hairs.. It applies well and is blendable for a softer look but I find that there is almost no product in this pencil. If I were to use this daily I think it would last me about a month which is a very short time.
PROS:
- Precise, easy to work with
- Creamy texture but not too soft, blendable
- Spoolie on the other end
CONS:
- Warm toned color range
- Little amount of product
- Fades quickly throughout the day

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

GREAT product. I've purchased this more than 10 times.

My dealbreaker and why I hate it now? It lasts me a total of 3 weeks when used daily (I didn't even use that much!!)

Horrible. Had to buy 10 only because a normal eyebrow pencil I wouldve had to repurchase like 5 times as opposed to 10... deal. Breaker.

on 11/6/2016 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

what color do y'all have.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best dupe for the ABH brow wiz!!!!

I personally don't use this as much as I use my Dip Brow, but this pencil is perfect for natural makeup looks. The self sharpening tip is fantastic, and the spoolie on the end is very high quality.

I'm very impressed!!!!!

on 7/30/2016 2:27:00 PM

Background: I'm finally (yes, at almost 40) learning how to properly groom, shape, and fill my eyebrows. I used to have them professionally waxed, but I can't do that anymore since starting tretinoin. I also have autoimmune issues, so my brows decide to spontaneously fall out every now and again and become very sparse, patchy, and virtually nonexistent on the outer ends. I wear very minimal makeup, and I want very natural looking brows, not heavy ones. I feel like it's harder to find products for filling in natural looking brows than it is to fill them in with a heavier hand. My hair is dirty blonde with hints of red and it gets lighter in the summer and darker in the winter, yet my brows are dark brown without any red. Translation: I have a hard time finding an acceptable color. I've tried Anastasia brow powder in light/ash blonde and like it a lot. I've also tried E.L.F. pencils, kits and other powders with varying success. I feel like whatever I use is either too dark for my pale complexion or pulls too red. If I do find something I like, it doesn't last all day and I end up with patchy brows again.

I picked up the NYX Micro Brow Pencil in taupe yesterday at CVS and used a coupon, so it was very affordable. The first thing I noticed was how thin the tip is. Since one of my goals is to attempt draw what look like tiny hairs back on where my brows are missing, this is perfect! E.L.F. pencils are too thick to do this and I haven't been able to find a way to do this with powder yet. The second thing I liked was the color. It's not red at all. It's a nice, soft brown. It seems like it almost has to warm up a little bit before the color will deposit (this may also be because it's brand new), but once it does, I'm able to make tiny little marks that resemble hairs. I filled in the sparse areas without looking like I have hard, thick lines and the result was the softest, most natural brow that I've done yet. I like the fact that the pencil comes with a spool brush so I have everything I need in one product. I find the pencil to be rather long, which is beneficial for me since I'm still learning how to properly shape my brows. I can use it as a guide for where my brows should start, end, and where the arch should be. I'll update my review if I find that it doesn't wear well. I applied this as a test before working outside in heat and humidity and it still looks great, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm also curious to see how long the pencil lasts with daily use.

Others have complained about the caps being similar, but to me that's not an issue. One has writing on it, so I just remember which side that's for. I may even ditch the cap on the brush altogether so there's no confusion at all.

All in all, I'm thrilled that I finally got this. It's a great price (especially with coupons), easy to find locally, and a great color match. I definitely plan to repurchase.

This works great for filling in any sparse patches. I got it when my Anastasia stuff wore out because someone said it's a good dupe and it definitely is but much cheaper. It's now my go to brow pencil.

Popular Brows Products