NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
Micro Brow PencilMicro Brow Pencil

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

For the price this pencil is 90% as good as the Sephora brand I usually buy at half the price. Will likely keep buying this brand because it’s easier to find and I’m a cheap bastard anymore.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Thin precise brow pencil with a spoolie on the other side. The pencil is a little stiff and waxy but you can easily make hairstroke lines with this. I use this in ash brown for my darkblond brows because the lighter colors (blond and taupe) are not pigmented enough for me and I set it with a tinted brow gel. I repurchased this numerous times already and usually get two at the time because I use them up so quickly and that’s my only con!! It’s also not that cheap in Europe but still cheaper than the Anastassia Brow pencil and these are very similar.

on 5/15/2018 8:04:00 AM

I’ve bought this pencil in shade “ash brown” - some of the reviews for this shade said that the undertone is warm or not ashy at all,but for me it works brilliant - exactly what i wanted. i’ve been looking for a good eyebrow pencil and none works like this one for me. i’ve been always using brow pomades (benefit kabrow is all time fav!) and it’s not that easy to create something soft and natural looking with these pomades and this pencil is exactly what i was looking for. it lasts all day, it’s not too creamy and it’s really easy to work with. there is 0,9g of product so i think that if you’re going to use this a bit heavy-handed,you’ll need to repurchase really soon.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This brow pencil is my hands-down holy grail. When I had darker hair I would use Brunette, but now that I have orangey-red hair I use Auburn--which is a nice warm medium brown, not too orange and not too cool. The nice thing about this pencil is that it really lasts very well. I've tried a ton of different brow products over the years for my sparse brows and some look great at first but fade or smudge as the day wears on, which is not fun nor is it cute. I can easily get the NYX pencil to last 12+ hours and not need a touchup. I love the fine size of the pencil, because it has definitely made drawing my brows to look more natural a lot easier. I think that it is a little pricey for drugstore, because these are around $10 a pop at most places, but I can get one pencil to last about 3ish weeks or more. The spoolie on the end is nice, it is not too big or too small to be effective. Overall, a great product with a good shade range.

on 3/28/2018 10:16:00 AM

I love this! Not too thick and creamy, and it makes my brows look natural and too bold like I want them to be! I have in the colour taupe and it is perfect! I have also noticed that the pencil actually does not break quite easily as other brow pencils such as Maybelline and Anastasia. I love this and it is definitely worth the price!
Another thing that I like about this, is that it lasts for a long time and it is not expensive at all!

on 1/18/2018 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I repurchased this in blonde - because I found auburn too warm toned and dark (even though I have red hair lol). Blonde is quite warm toned, which may be annoying for actual blondes but works out great for me. Brand new, these pencils can be quite hard and don't give much colour payoff but once used a bit this works great for sparse brows. I use this daily, the spooly is great but sometimes the pencil can snap.

this is a great brow pencil. especially if you are a person who likes to be frugal but still are into makeup. it's a bit hard, which makes it nice because it doesn't deposit too much color at once, making it a bit forgiving. i used to get it in blonde, but it's a bit warm toned, so i switched to taupe and it works better. the blonde brow mascara still looks good over taupe.

on 11/21/2017 10:06:00 AM

Ehhhhh... I hear a lot that this is a dupe for ABH Brow Wiz but I'm not sold. Sure they look identical, but this pencil is a lot harder than the ABH and the color payoff just isn't there for me. I actually prefer the Benefit Precisely My Brow over both this and the Brow Wiz because it's a lot creamier than both but somehow stays put longer but also the product lasts longer. I was using this on clients so as not to spend tons of money on ABH in a bunch of different colors, but I would go through pencils like crazy. If you're on a budget I've actually found the new maybelline brow pencil to have better color payoff, albeit with fewer color choices.

on 11/14/2017 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I took 1 lippie off because it is a bit hard and for the design of the packaging. The spoolie cap and pencil cap are not the same size....ridiculous! The spoolie cap is much shorter than the cap that goes over the pencil. There is writing on the spoolie cap so you have to remember that. If it wears off you have to guess or actually lay them side by side ....the spoolie cap is shorter. Of course if you mess up..... the spoolie lid crushes your pencil and there isn't that much in these to begin with. I bought 2 and used one up about 3 weeks. But I did play around with it a lot trying to get used to it and the spoolie cap mistake probably ate up 25%. I wonder if that was done on purpose to make you have to repurchase faster.

I purchased this at Walgreens for 10.00 in the color taupe, which is a VERY nice natural looking shade for me. It does have a very fine point and the spoolie on the other end works well BUT...it is kind of hard. It really took some effort to show up but once I used it more it softened up some. It really does create natural hair like strokes and the color is 100% perfect for me. I love Brow Wiz but none of the lighter colors look as natural as this one....... the NXY taupe is perfect for me. I do like the spoolie on Brow Wiz much better BUT the spoolies break off all the time on my Brow Wiz's which is annoying(they really need to fix this issue, they have to be aware it exists) This is the closest to Brow Wiz that I have tried. I like Brow Wiz a little better, but it's double the price and the colors are not as good for me

The NYX is not all that cheap for a drugstore item. Around $10.00 but you can catch them on sale. Refills would also be nice. I don't understand why nobody seems to make one that can be refilled instead of having to pay for the entire pencil and spoolie again. Oh wait, they can, they just won't because they can't charge as much and sell new pencils.

on 11/9/2017 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I tried this because of the reviews and citings online or in magazines. Meh....it hasn't impressed me. Like a reviewer below, I find it way too dry and for me the color taupe is more like a warm blonde color. I prefer Sephora brand's waterproof version a thousand times to this (similar packaging only NYX has a nice spoolie while Sephora's has an odd comb on the other end) but Sephora's is easier to apply and also lasts longer IMO. Plus the color Nutmeg is just right for me personally....neutral and not orange-leaning.

Popular Brows Products