3.5

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

9 days ago

Maybe my skin is too oily for this. But I got 2-3 good hours and then I looked like the tin man. It oxidized a little too once my face got shiny. It wasn't a bad tm, but I couldn't even finish it. I threw it away when it got down to about 20% full bc I got sick of bad makeup days. It wasn't bad for skin texture, but I don't think it smoothed over pores and lines either. It just kind of sat. I've been using elta md physical ss for years and years, and I prefer that to this bc elta keeps my skin matte. This didn't.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

from

9 days ago

I have been curious about this tinted moisturizer for a long time. I decided to get it when it was 20% off. It is awesome!!! Totally exceeded my expectation! It has very good coverage for a tinted moisterizer, a light weight feel, long lasting, looks like my skin but better. I have it in color Dune. I set it with flowerbeauty matte loose and I'm good until I wash my face in the evening.

About reviewer (193 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

1.0

3 months ago

This looks kind of like tinted Vaseline. It has little coverage to start out with and then fades after a couple of hours. You need nice skin to wear this. All of your imperfections are visible. But if you have nice skin, why bother with this anyway? Save your money.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 months ago

As much as I love my heavy foundations for evenings or events, this is a dream for everyday wear. This has a very lightweight formula but evens the skin out beautifully and create a smooth texture appearance. It makes the skin look incredibly healthy and although it is a hydrating product with a matte primer and some powder it lasts very well on my skin. It is very comfortable for everyday and is a staple for me :)

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

from

4 months ago

I actually bought this almost 2 years ago in 5.5 Bamboo and hated it! It dried my skin out and made me look tired and emphasized any texture on my face. Fast forward to present and I bought it again in 1.5 Birch and this time it was wow! I only tried it again because it had such great reviews and one makeup artist said if you buy the wrong shade you will hate it- I had bought the complete wrong shade! My skin is NC20 light with warm yellowish undertones. I am an exact match in Bobbi brown warm sand, clinique even better foundation in Bone, Chanel moisture rich in 20. Make sure you get your correct shade and apply with your fingers - best advice I received.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 months ago

Overall I really like this product and I'm glad I tried it. It gives exactly the amount of coverage I want: somewhere between light and medium, veering on light. It's definitely not entirely sheer, and with concealer it's perfect. The finish is kind of dewy/satiny but it plays well with setting powder (actually my HG is the Bare Minerals mineral veil but I've also used it with Make Up For Ever HD Setting Powder). It wears well without getting patchy or greasy and does not oxidize. There are a couple of things that keep it from being 5 stars: first, the shade range isn't great. I wear Vanilla which is not a perfect match; it's a tiiiiny bit too dark and I wish it were more pink. Opal is pinker but too light for me. However the coverage isn't heavy enough for it to really matter. Second, it doesn't blend PERFECTLY. I have to put this on in small sections or else it kind of pills up. I always use my fingers because with a brush it looks streaky and a sponge dilutes the coverage so as to make it pointless. Third, it does cling to dry patches but my skin is more oily so that isn't a huge problem for me. That sounds like a lot of cons but they're all really small issues to me and are far outweighed by how much I love the finish of this on my skin, how easy it is to use, and how affordable it is compared to other non-drugstore base products!

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

5 months ago

Excellent light coverage and moisturiser. I have decent skin (no breakouts since accutane) with some blotchy redness and find this is just the right amount of everyday coverage. PRO: applies beautifully with a buffing brush and gives me light-medium coverage that is very natural and pretty looking. it has a glow but is not shinny. I really like the texture and amount of moisture (I am combination-oily), with setting powder I don't get too much shine or oiliness. The colours are very good, not too pink or yellow. CON: Needs setting powder to last more than 4 hours, does tend to fade by the end of the day (8-10 hours), does not build well. In order to get the benefits of the SPF you would have to apply way more than a normal person uses.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

6 months ago

When I don't have the time to apply a separate SPF and then foundation, this is what I reach for...provided my skin is reasonably clear! If not then I use a heavier coverage foundation because even though it is buildable, I cannot get anything more than light-medium coverage from it with 2 applications, any more than that doesn't build it up any further. The texture threw me off at first as it's quite thick but it goes on and sinks into my skin really well, almost like I'm not wearing any foundation. The finish is luminous and somewhat dewy so I use a mattifying powder over it and if need be a dab of concealer as this doesn't cover blemishes or dark circles very well. Aside from that whatever else I then apply (cream blush, highlighter etc) goes beautifully with this, no piling or other issues. Yes as the days wears on it does slightly oxidize - especially on my chin area, but that's to be expected with anything that's been on for 10 hours plus, which btw is longer than many of the 'mattifying' foundations I've used in the past (good hydration = less oil production). I still need to moisturize though, I don't find this alone is hydrating enough to skip the face cream but it definitely seems to assist it in keeping the dryness at bay. Part of that's probably down to the great ingredients in here such as minerals, humectants and botanicals and possibly the fact that it doesn't contain any silicones whatsoever - a rare feat in cosmetics nowadays, particularly when it comes to primers and foundations, almost all of which unfortunately contain them. Selena x  ~ My HG list ~  (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil  2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm  3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum  4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser  5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer  6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash  7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)  8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream  9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion  10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 months ago

This gel cream starts out great, with beautiful coverage initially. It's a nice glowy, natural light-medium coverage at first and dries fairly quickly. However, I notice my face tends to 'eat' this up and it does not provide anything close to the same type of coverage after just 4-5 hours. Since this is a tinted moisturizer, I don't like to put anything on underneath, but I'm sure a primer would extend the longevity. I picked up the 03 Buttercream, which is on the yellow side. In the summertime this is a good shade on me, but I do notice it has a tendency to oxidize - especially when applied with fingers, so I usually use a sponge. I want to give this another chance, as I love the look of the initial application and I may try a lighter shade for the winter. I love the skincare benefits as well, just have to keep in mind that even if trying to build up to a medium level of coverage, it's not going to stay all day.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

6 months ago

After many years of battering my face with full coverage matte foundations, I found myself bored with the flat matte mask like look. I've always shied away from more natural/dewy foundations because I'd convinced myself my own skin wasn't good enough not to have coverage by the bucket load on. Anyway, craving a different makeup routine I did a little research and came across the complexion rescue (very late to the game but nevermind) and I'm so happy I did. I liked the idea that its not really a foundation and the tinted gel hybrid seemed interesting and SPF is always a bonus. Add into the mix its mineral makeup it just seemed a good all rounder and better than caking it on with my tried and true Estee Lauder double wear. I got mine in the shade vanilla 02 and its spot on colour wise. It blends in seamlessly to the point where you feel you have nothing on. Its basically the ultimate in 'your skin but better'. You can build coverage in areas where you might feel you need a bit more but probably the maximum you'd get it to is medium coverage. Anywhere where I feel I need a bit more coverage I just dab on concealer and I'm good to go for the day. I wear this for 9+ hour shifts and it still looks as good as when I started. Its dewey but not overly so and gives you the kinda natural lit from within glow. I just powder across my t zone so it doesn't get too crazy. Overall, I'm so glad I found this and decided to get out of my comfort zone and try something different. I find myself reaching for it everyday and my skin looks and feels better for it. I save my full coverage for nights out these days! Would buy again and thoroughly recommend!

About reviewer (253 reviews)

Age25-29