3.6

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

My skin is acne prone sensitive and slightly dry. This applies well and blends out very quickly leaving a soft focus matte finish, I lightly powder this as it goes tend to transfer. It can also look a little dry so I always make sure to apply a nice layer of moisture and blend the foundation into my skin Well.the Ingredients are questionable for a prestigious brand. But lost of all I just cannot get over the price, I received a deluxe sized sample when I worked at one of the makeup drugstores which cartied the brand and admittedly I enjoyed it while it lasted but $110NZD for a “good to average looking” foundation without a pump and in a confusing bottle? Nope no na .. I use the Maybelline dewy and I love it $20NZD I think I’ll stick with that.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

I really like this foundation, it feels very light and applies so smoothly. Blends easily and is quite buildable. The coverage is light to medium, it looks very natural but the finish is still matte. Great for combination or oily skin. It has a faint scent but doesn't irritate my skin.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I am 52 with dry skin with some fine lines. I’ve used this foundation on and off now for 3/4 months, so I’ve used it many times.This foundation suits my type of skin, so if you’re dry, this is one to try. The colour match for my fair skin was really good too. It lasts all day very well, no breaking up or wearing off. It sets quite matte on the skin, but not too dry, or cakey. Best applied with a brush ( I’ve found) and I find it’s best applied purely with a stippler brush ( mine’s Real techniques) which really helps application. It doesn’t look dry and I rarely need to apply powder....so why do I not give this 5 stars? It’s an odd texture and has a lot of silicone in it, despite it drying matte. I have to apply more bronzer and blush, because of this and I have found this before with foundations that have a lot of silicone in them. What also happens with me is that my lips get really flakey EVERY time I wear it. at first I didn’t connect it to the foundation, but it seems like if you get any at all near your lips, whether it’s when you first apply it, or during the day, you get a lot of flakes, which feel like your lips are all caked with dead skin. It’s not very pleasant....and also, the bottle neck gets quite clogged up quickly. It’s not bad enough to warrant less than four stars, but nonetheless it’s annoying for such an expensive foundation.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I love this foundation so much! It lasts so well on my oily skin. The only thing I dislike is that it has no pump. But since it’s a good foundation, I don’t really care. I find it to be medium coverage.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This foundation is the holy grail for people with uneven skin tone and skin that is oily or combination. It dries matte so if your skin is dry you will probably hate it, but for me (oily T-zone with dark under eyes) this product is everything I need. I've been using it for years and would never swap to anything else now. The coverage is medium - it helps even out my skin tone but I use concealer on my undereyes to finish the job. I only use this on my chin, undereyes and forehead and blend - as my cheeks and nose don't need any coverage. It is the only foundation I've ever found that doesn't turn me shiny after a few hours on a hot day. If you're oily or combination and want the matte look with medium coverage, this is for you.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

I bought this foundation after trying a tester in John Lewis, I love the texture of it and love how lightweight it is. I own the YSL All Hours foundation which I also like, both foundations are very different. I heard that this foundation has a cheap dupe, tried the dupe and have found that the dupe is actually better than this for my skin - it lasts longer on the skin. Don't get me wrong I love this foundation but the dupe being £3.90 and this being £35 ... there's no comparison. Even if both foundations were the same price I would choose the dupe. It is a shame that the dupe has been discontinued however.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I've tried to hate this foundation but I really can't. I started using this a year and a half ago - I was after something medium to full coverage, I get random spots often and my makeup never seems to stay on by the end of the day. This foundation goes on so smoothly and I love the little applicator to sweeps this straight on my face before blending with a foundation brush. This has good coverage and makes my face look silky. It is more of a matte texture rather than a radiant glow (suits me as I can't stand the shiny look) PROS: Stays on Makes skin look flawless and smooth True Medium to Full coverage + is buildable Stick applicator that makes it easily to see how much product is left Good colour selection for me CONS: Price - this is expensive. I went back to NARS but it didn't compare or stay on my face Getting product out from the very bottom - glass bottle makes it hard to get out Hard to find - not as widely sold as other foundations Favourite foundation to date and I wear it everyday

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

2 years ago

Definitely not worth the price!! Made my skin look worse with it on..

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2.0

2 years ago

I was looking for a pink undertoned foundation and the lady at the store recommended this one. Although I found it pricey I wanted to give it a try. The coverage was terrible even though I usually don't want/need a lot. It just made my face look translucent. Perhaps in a darker shade it would've looked better, but like someone else in the reviews said: I doubt its worth the money. Had to return it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

Smells really nice and blends out like a dream. It has light to buildable medium coverage. It feels like velvet on the skin.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral