Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight

No Image

3.5

on 8/6/2017 7:24:00 PM

My hair is fine and wavy, 2C texture, and is prone to frizz in hot/ humid weather. I purchased a small tube of this after looking through most of the Smooth Infusion styling products line. This one looked thinner and more fluid than some of the other ones, which seemed like they would be too thick/ heavy for my fine hair. I've tried using this on wet, damp and dry hair, in varying amounts, and all it manages to do is make my hair look flat and dirty. I love the herbal scent, like I do most of Aveda's scents, but performance wise, this was very bad for my hair. It's pricy, too, so luckily I only bought the travel size.

on 6/11/2016 4:58:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Didn't really work well for me.
I had Brazilian blow dries for about five years, and my hair was in great condition, then I had one almost a year ago that went wrong, and my hair, naturally a bit frizzy since it went grey, went into meltdown.

This helped a bit - but so did many other products that were a lot cheaper.
OK when I blow dried, but not just as a leave in product - and to help my hair repair (or prevent it getting worse) I've been trying to avoid blow drying every day.

I experimented with using lots/using a small amount, so it wasn't really that.

Almost at the end of the tube; it was good enough to use since I'd purchased it, but I won't be replacing it.

on 11/23/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thick coarse Asian hair, about a third are kinky, mostly on the crown. I've tried glues, gels, sprays, oils, pomades, CHI products, even a Japanese straightening. None of which worked. This one does.

Yes, it leaves my hair with a slightly strawlike quality, but my hair is so coarse that straw is softer! I tried a little bit of oil and that helps too.

AND it gets easier to use each time! Today was my third day, I used a paddle brush and just had to run the dryer over each section 2-3 times for it to straighten out. I didn't even have to use the flat iron, though that would have helped too.

This product has saved me and I'm willing to use it for the rest of my life. I'm very hard to please, so this is about the strongest review I can give.

on 8/14/2014 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Much to my amazement this product does what it says it will do. After using it three times, my hair is definitely almost straight. It's not Brazilian Blowout straight but it is straight. Also, it does speed up the drying process. The bad news is that it makes hair kind of dry looking. Also, if you start with sort of fine wispy hair, you end up with straight, fine, a bit less wispy hair. I long for the Brazilian Blowout days but since that is not to be, I will settle for this. I do use a texturizer after the blow dry and that helps in terms of flyaways and flatness.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product did not work for me. I used it six times, but it did not help to straighten my wavy hair. It didn't seem to make any difference at all. It did make my hair get oily sooner. I ended up returning it and going back to Farouk Chi Straight Guard, which helps staighten my hair somewhat.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have thick bushy hair, which I chemical straighten. But this year I was pregnant so wasn't aloud to. I looked for other options in straightening my hair and making it more manageable. I saw this on offer on look fantastic and thought my prays were answered. I'm not sure if my hair was just beyond being helped due to pregnancy hormones making it super thicker than normal but I saw no difference. I carried on using it for months but still my hair was a nightmare! I have now gone back to Brazilian blowouts after shampoo balm which is so much better in controlling my hair. If your hair is like mine don't waste your money.

on 7/24/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had previously written a pretty scathing review of this product in a hurry, and I think it deserves a better, more detailed treatment. Here goes!

My hair is long, thick, and curly (2c on top, 3a mid, and 3b underneath), and it frizzes easily. I can get a silky blow dry with just a round brush and some elbow grease, no product. I've had keratin treatments done, and really loved them. But I've been lazy about them for the past couple of years, so this product seemed like it could be a nice (and cheaper!) alternative.

My review is based on three uses over the course of two weeks. The first thing I noticed was that the texture was a bit gummy. Next, I found that it did indeed make it easier to straighten (and seemed to dry a bit faster in general). However, it left me with a texture that I wasn't happy with. The ends felt coarse and sort of puffy (which was never a problem for me before). There wasn't the same level of sleek silkiness. It did have fine shine and volume, but there was no movement. From my ears down my hair felt like a mass.

Frizz-wise, the shape held up, without any crazy expansion (I'm in the south, and it's definitely a good place to judge this), but I have gotten some overnight wavies close to the nape on the under layer.

Overall, I'm not crazy about this because it just gave my hair a very unappealing texture- sort of like what you would get with an amateur blowout. And while it did hold off frizz, I felt the trade-off wasn't worth it. Just didnt feel like my best hair. I can only imagine that over time this would get worse for me with the cumulative effect.

I might keep this in mind for a special event if I knew I'd be facing hair-wrecking humidity, but otherwise I think keratin is still the best overall remedy for the issues this product is targeting.

on 8/4/2014 8:42:00 AM

Best straightening product I have ever used (and I feel like Ive used most of them). I have dry, medium, frizzy hair and the summer humidity makes my hair an ever bigger frizzier mess than normal. I still have to blow dry and straight iron, but this product helps smooth my hair and then keeps it that way. I have found that even after I wear a high pony tail for a day, the lines from the pony tail rubber band will completely fall out overnight. Ive also found that my hair looks better the second day after washing/drying/ironing. Overall, amazing product!

on 7/10/2014 3:27:00 AM

I've NEVER used a straightening styling product that has been this effective -- or effective at all. None of Frizz Ease products ever did anything for me. And Aveda Hang Straight did absolutely nothing for my hair. But this is way different. In the vile NYC humidity my hair is straight, with no frizz & poof. I have THE best summer hair of my life. I've never been able to maintain straight hair in the summer humidity here in NYC. But this stuff really worked for me (to my huge shock & surprise) & I have thick, coarse, wavy, curly, frizzy, poofy hair that's very difficult to get straight & stay straight. I still need to use GHD to flat iron, but it takes me about 2 minutes now & only when I get my hair wet or shampoo. So far, I'm extremely impressed with results. I really need no other product to take care of frizz or poof. Just this. I know -- I'm completely baffled by how great this worked for me. If I had this stuff when I was in high school and college, there are about 10 guys I'd have been married to & divorced from by now. Er, maybe it's just as well for me Aveda took so long to come out with this. Better late than never, right? Miracle product for those with difficult hair -- like me.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product! It really worked for me :)

Popular Styling Products