Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is nice. I like Bourjois as a brand because the quality for the price is exceptional. The quality is equally as good as some high end brands (if not better!) This lipstick goes on light and feathery. It feels almost mousse-like. Not sticky or drying on application. It definitely has a different consistency to other lipsticks. The pigmentation is nice. Not too heavy, but not so sheer that you can't see it! Unlike some matte lipsticks, I feel this lipstick doesn't dry my lips out. It is matte so some dryness will occur, but nowhere near to the extent of some mattes where you feel your lips start to tighten and the formula crumbles! The colour I chose is "Velvet 10- Don't Pink of it" and it is beautiful. It's a nice shade of pink that isn't too pale nor too dark. It's very natural. I've worn it for a wedding, for work, for date night! It's a versatile shade. The staying power is nice. I have to reapply after eating or drinking, but it doesn't wear off too quickly. I haven't tried a bolder, darker colour in the range, so I can't comment on the staying power of those shades. I'm tempted to try this product in other shades though!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in 10 Don't Pink Of It!

I love the colour, the formula feels lightweight and silky on my lips. It lasts reasonably well.

BUT....it dries my lips out so badly, after 3-4 hours they are so arid they itch and only the thickest salve with sort them.

So unfortunately, although this is the perfect look and colour for me, unless I only plan on wearing it for an hour it's not worth it.

on 10/7/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I don't understand the rave about this lipstick,
I tried out two red colours from the line. Nice colour but the staying power was not impressive at all. I read all the reviews raving about the awesome staying power, yeah well, give it an hour and it has disappeared.
Then the smell, like some chemical plastic smell. It was awful.
The application with the doe-applicator was nice, but the colour was patchy.
The formula I liked, it was a bit watery but soft on my lips.
So one lippie for the colour and one lippie for the application and formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought two of those, in 03 and 04. 03 is a bright orange-y red and 04 is a deep coral. I adore these.
They apply very easily and if you make a mistake, you can smudge the product off with your fingers if you're not too slow about it. The texture is velvet-y smooth and does not dry out your lips. The colors are really versatile and it lasts AGES. If you eat, you will need to touch up but most of it will still be there, in my experience.
These are just really good, long lasting and non-drying lipstick products. If you are looking for something discreet or like a tinted balm, or a MLBB, there won't be much for you here. The Rouge Velvet Edition lipsticks are all about statement colours made even deeper by the matte finish. If you're wearing it, you're committing to it!