Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

4.1

on 5/25/2018 7:16:00 PM

I like these liquid lipsticks, they are comfortable to wear and are fantastic for the price. I own about 6 of these by now, as Bourjois keeps releasing new shades and I can't quite stop myself from buying them. I have Chocopink, Don't Pink of It, Abricoquette, Peach Club, Cool Brown and Red-volution.

Pros
-Dry down to a semi-matte finish, looking velvety rather than parched and cracked
-Comfortable to wear, lips don't feel too dry when wearing
-Cheap, usually around £6-7 per lipstick
-Wide shade range - pinks, peaches, reds, browns, berry colours, lots of darker shades.
-Generally only need a single coat
-Cute packaging, lid is the colour of the lipstick and the tube is clear plastic, showing the colour of the lipstick inside, easy to tell when you're running out

Cons
-Not particularly resilient when eating/drinking - you will need to reapply at least on the inner parts of your lips
-Limited paler shades - no suitable nude colours for very fair skin tones
-Scented
-Some shades are a little patchy - had to throw out one called Honey Mood as it was so streaky

But for a cheap and pretty matte lipstick that's comfortable to wear, I'm pretty happy with them overall. I wouldn't wear one to a formal event but they are great for a cute daytime look.

on 4/29/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The formula is super light but it is definitely not a good lip color for dry lips. After it dries out my lips crack like hell and basically the color become patchy. However if you prep your lips before hand to prevent this dryness the color would go on unevenly. I can only apply it on my "good lips" day. But I still love the color enough to properly prep my lips even a night before

on 1/11/2017 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the shade "don't pink of it" and I really love the color. It looks beautiful with my fair skin, my kind of MLBB. I wanted to like this product but the drying formula and the lasting power really disappoint me. I always love Bourjois products, I do love the color, but this one doesn't work at all. If I can find the dupe color of this with better quality, even if it's way more expensive, I will buy it. Not repurchase this one.

on 1/5/2017 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh how I love this lipstick.

I bought the shade 11- So Hap'pink. I chose this particular shade because it looked so bright and vibrant, and I wanted a lipstick which made me stand out.

It's so easy to apply to the lips, it just glides on and stays in place for a good while. I generally only have to re-apply when I eat, but even then, it only barely fades or comes off.

However, I tend to find that the formula is quite drying, and I can't wear it for consecutive days as my lips end up dry and chapped. Thank god for my other lipsticks then :)

I would definitely buy from this range again, as it has good staying power and a great range of colours.

on 12/5/2016 8:11:00 AM

I purchase the shade 10 - Don't pink of it! which looks like a neutral light pink shade which would be most fair skinned ladies MLBB colour. Sadly the product did not meet my expectations and is now residing in my wastepaper basket. The lipcream packaging is lovely and even the wand was good for application however the cream itself is streaky, lacking in pigmentation and lasts <10min on my lips. Walk away from this particular product unless you've got money to burn :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great formula. My only issue is that the nude colour turns to a berry colour on my lips. I will buy again in a different colour.

on 8/8/2016 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

AH-MA-ZING! I simply ADORE this lipstick.
I got burned with Velvetines, as they are so difficult to work and they are sticky as hell. So, I immediately left behind me the liquids trend. But I've been looking at these Bourjois' babies for quite a while now but, do to my previous delusion, I wasn't really crazy for the price (12 euros in Italy, can be found only online) and I wasn't really willing to pay for a random try. I've never been disappointed by a Bourjois product and I declare it my favourite brand, it's so classy, effective and reliable, and really provides products for any occasion and need. So, when I've seen it on a sale, I immediately got it because I needed to know!
So, I got the shade Frambourjoise, which wouldn't have been my first choice but it was the only shade on sale (5,50 euros, fair enough for just a try) and would have been a good beginning to see if the others were worth the price. They definitely are!
Frambourjoise is literally strawberry colour. A bright red with a strong pink undertone. It looks intimidating on the packaging as it seems more on the fuchsia side but it's not. I don't feel the love for bright reds but this one looks so classy and on point.
The packaging is very elegant and the wand is very hard, so it's difficult to be imprecise when you apply it. For example, I always hated Velvetines' wand, maybe it was just me or a bad batch but they weren't stable enough and they dried so fast that if I did any mistake I was doomed! In this case, they took a good 3-5 minutes to dry, but it doesn't look *that* bad dry, it's very homogeneous and, most important thing, not sticky AT ALL! Lips become matte and flawless and I've noticed no cracks at all (of course you need to be hydrated and balmed, and clearly apply it on dry lips otherwise the formula will run away if you just applied chapstick). Simply amazing.
It doesn't last throught meals, but does last through drinks. For example, today I had lunch with plenty of greasy food and it made a slight lighter effect in the mouth centre, which doesn't look pretty as you know. But then I had some beers drank from the bottle and it stood without problems. It's almost no transfer. If you don't do anything, it's pretty much long lasting (5-6 hours)
Frambourjois is so cute that my friend's fiancée asked me what it was and immediately ordered it on amazon from her cellphone. She is everything but a make up junkie, so it really made a good impression.
Anyway, I didn't give it 5 lippies as I hate the darker edges problem. Nothing too noticeable, but makes me feel unconfortable and would suggest to not wear it at meals.
Can't wait to put my paws on the other shades!

UPDATE! Brought it with me on holidays, so it has been heavily tested in 1) greasy, eternal meals 2) sea, bathing and swimming 3) rivers of booze. I'm so impressed and in love! It worked lovely as a stain as well, and survived all the challenges.

on 2/29/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this on a friend's recommendation, loving it! I've always been afraid to try nude lipsticks cause I never seemed to be able to find the right shade (asian people problems), most of the time I end up just looking like a ghost. When I saw this lipstick in 17 Cool Brown, it looked really pretty and I liked the texture of the formula, plus my local drugstore was having a sale. I have dry lips but this lipstick doesn't really dry them out, and its pretty comfortable to wear. Will last through food and drink, but it's not entirely transfer proof. It does have a bit of a weird smell, but overall, I would recommend this.

on 9/26/2015 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this in the colour 05 (ole flamingo) as a gift. I fell in love with it the first time I put it on. It smells a little waxy but I have no issues with it. Goes off as soon as it dries. The formula is creamy and buildable. I have pigmented, uneven-coloured lips so I usually put on 2 layers of it. The product dries to a velvety-matte finish, which makes it really comfortable to have on, unlike some other liquid-to-matte lippies out there. The formula isn't drying so you don't have to exfoliate or put on lip balm before putting it on. I have really dry lips so I always put on lip balm before any lippy, but I tried it without balm once and it still made my lips look smooth and crack-free! Amazing formula. It also lasts a whole day for me, with probably one minor touch up where my lips meet. It does transfer a little when I eat or drink, which is surprising, because it doesn't show on the lips. My lips still look spot on every time. The packaging is small and compact and the length of the applicator is perfect. More lippies should be made this way aesthetically!

My only con would be that it's a bit on the expensive side where I'm from (S$25). It costs 2x more than NYX's SMLC, which retails at S$12 here. So I'm paying a lot more for one tube of Bourjois' REV for around the same amount of product as NYX's SMLC. Granted, this is a lot better, but I do wish it was less pricey.

Overall, Bourjois really slayed this one.

on 9/1/2015 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got mine in the shade #4 Peach club

- Packaging: super cute
- Scent: really weird, artificial
- Finish: dries matte, very lightweight, good color payoff
- Longevity: ok, color will slightly fade at the 4th-5th hour mark
- This shade is very warm, so don't expect it to look peachy pink like many other swatches online if you have lighter skin tones.

If you have very dry lips and can't use liquid lipsticks, give this one a try (if you don't mind the scent!)