Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet
bourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot Pepperbourjois rouge edition velvet 03 Hot PepperBourjois Edition Velvet - Peach Club

3.8

on 4/29/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The formula is super light but it is definitely not a good lip color for dry lips. After it dries out my lips crack like hell and basically the color become patchy. However if you prep your lips before hand to prevent this dryness the color would go on unevenly. I can only apply it on my "good lips" day. But I still love the color enough to properly prep my lips even a night before

on 4/19/2017 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I bought the Rouge Edition Velvet in the color 10 (Don't Pink of It), and I find the formula very good. Feels soft and feathery, I don't know how to describe it. I misplaced the first tube, so I went back to buy another even though it is rather costly (IIRC 25CAD). The color is very complimentary to pale skin tones with a neutral to yellow undertones (NC20 ish), it's more of a nude yet feminine rose color.

I would definitely recommend the lipstick line and this color as well.

on 8/8/2016 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

AH-MA-ZING! I simply ADORE this lipstick.
I got burned with Velvetines, as they are so difficult to work and they are sticky as hell. So, I immediately left behind me the liquids trend. But I've been looking at these Bourjois' babies for quite a while now but, do to my previous delusion, I wasn't really crazy for the price (12 euros in Italy, can be found only online) and I wasn't really willing to pay for a random try. I've never been disappointed by a Bourjois product and I declare it my favourite brand, it's so classy, effective and reliable, and really provides products for any occasion and need. So, when I've seen it on a sale, I immediately got it because I needed to know!
So, I got the shade Frambourjoise, which wouldn't have been my first choice but it was the only shade on sale (5,50 euros, fair enough for just a try) and would have been a good beginning to see if the others were worth the price. They definitely are!
Frambourjoise is literally strawberry colour. A bright red with a strong pink undertone. It looks intimidating on the packaging as it seems more on the fuchsia side but it's not. I don't feel the love for bright reds but this one looks so classy and on point.
The packaging is very elegant and the wand is very hard, so it's difficult to be imprecise when you apply it. For example, I always hated Velvetines' wand, maybe it was just me or a bad batch but they weren't stable enough and they dried so fast that if I did any mistake I was doomed! In this case, they took a good 3-5 minutes to dry, but it doesn't look *that* bad dry, it's very homogeneous and, most important thing, not sticky AT ALL! Lips become matte and flawless and I've noticed no cracks at all (of course you need to be hydrated and balmed, and clearly apply it on dry lips otherwise the formula will run away if you just applied chapstick). Simply amazing.
It doesn't last throught meals, but does last through drinks. For example, today I had lunch with plenty of greasy food and it made a slight lighter effect in the mouth centre, which doesn't look pretty as you know. But then I had some beers drank from the bottle and it stood without problems. It's almost no transfer. If you don't do anything, it's pretty much long lasting (5-6 hours)
Frambourjois is so cute that my friend's fiancée asked me what it was and immediately ordered it on amazon from her cellphone. She is everything but a make up junkie, so it really made a good impression.
Anyway, I didn't give it 5 lippies as I hate the darker edges problem. Nothing too noticeable, but makes me feel unconfortable and would suggest to not wear it at meals.
Can't wait to put my paws on the other shades!

UPDATE! Brought it with me on holidays, so it has been heavily tested in 1) greasy, eternal meals 2) sea, bathing and swimming 3) rivers of booze. I'm so impressed and in love! It worked lovely as a stain as well, and survived all the challenges.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this in two colours of this matte lipstick at Shoppers as a pricier than normal gift for myself ($25 Canadian); I could buy a few other brands for much less that I find are better quality
It feels greasy on my lips, easily smeared, and the pigment seems almost inconsistent across my lips. The colour would be great if it actually stayed on smooth.
It also has a strong chemical-like odour, making me not want to wear it at all.
In the bottle, it looks absolutely perfect. But I just do not like it on my face.
08 Grand Cru Matte Finish feels very poor quality; 07 Nude-ist Matte isn't so bad, so I'm wondering if I just got a bad batch.
Regardless, it was not worth $25 and I would not purchase again.

Love, love these liquid lipsticks. It is very matt as to be expected, the colour you can really build up depending on how strong you want it during the day or night. I currently have shade number 1 and 2. Number 2 is the first one i bought and I loved it straight away. Really long lasting too on the lips. Would like to try a few other shades too.

on 11/18/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I am pretty disappointed with these really all in all - I bought 01 (a red) and nudist and they are both such gorgeous colours. The first time I tried them I really thought I'd finally thought I'd found a Matte I can wear. They feel lovely when you first put them on and they are so easy to apply. Then it dries, and it feels really weird and dry, which I can live with if the staying power really was good - but I find they go patchy pretty quickly and start to kind of flake off. Topped off by the fact that they smell like a burning plastic factory - I'm not the biggest fan. The colours though are gorgeous and il still continue to attempt to work with the ones I've got. But a the search continues...

on 10/7/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although the color (shade no 10) is almost a perfect everyday color, the product itself is not very good. It smells and tastes funny and it has some kind of stickiness. The staying power is average.

on 7/18/2015 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

£8.99 in Boots originally, but bought it in a 3 for 2 offer, I would pay full price for one if I found another perfect colour. After filling my hand with testers (about 9 shades, all orangey, pink, red, girly shades unfortunately) I ended up with ampeach colour, when in the bottle, but more orange on the lips - shade 04.
Small angled padded lip brush, typical Bourjois, easy swipe on application, goes perfectly because the actual product is really creamy, so it feels really soft when you apply it.
You can put on 1 layer, or you can pile it on for a more intense colour, its creamy enough to take the layering!
It lasts for hourrrrrrs, some days I don't even need to reapply it, but if you do, you can add on top of the dried formula without it becoming flakey/dry, it just feels a little heavier on your lips.
Definitely wanting to buy another shade, but the 1 red shade that suits my skin tone always appears to have a different consistency to the rest if the colours, in every shop I have tried it seems weaker & not as spreadable?

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I own the darkest shade and I'm impressed with its staying power. It lasts through an entire meal if the food is not too greasy. I've never owned a lipstick so durable before. It's true it's drying and tends to bleed so I don't give it 5 stars.

I absolutely love these lipsticks and I have them in almost every colour! It applies with a slight sheen allowing you to correct any mistakes and dries to a nice matte finish. I find these to be extremely long lasting and not overly drying on the lips. I love the shade Nude as an everyday colour and often get people asking what lippie im wearing. I generally apply in the morning, lunch and possibly after work and the colour stays bright. Some of the red shades are fab for a night out and I dont find that these fade as fast when drinking.

Basically I cant get enough of these and I would highly recommend.