Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipstick

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Butter Lipstick

4.5

on 1/17/2018 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm more partial to glossy, hydrating formulations in lighter shades for the cooler months (for dark, I go matte), and my go-to since Winter 2015 has been Watermelon. It's a really festive shade that perks up my NC25 skin when it's bleak, and the packaging is a joy to look at, too. It's really versatile too - sometimes I use this shade to liven up browner/nude lipsticks by applying a smidgen in the middle, making a natural, gradient effect that's ultra-pretty. I recommend this to those who not only hate "cake face", but a "cake lip".

The wear time is so-so, but I definitely like this over drugstore formulations which can be too heavy, creamy, or waxy. Tarte as a brand, in general, wears nicely.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are awesome. I got a set of four of these lipsticks on QVC.com. On that website, they call this collection the "tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick Quad." Each shade is awesome and they glide on so wonderfully. The colors are gorgeous and flattering. The color stays on pretty well and they are moisturizing on the lips. Highly recommend.