Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy: The Naughty Remix

No Image

4.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Now this is a good perfume. I'm amazed. As a lover of the Britney Spears Fantasy range, I had high expectations for the Naughty Remix and this perfume certainly exceeded my expectations. This perfume is a darker, heavier and more sultry take on the original Fantasy, showcasing the notes of white chocolate, cupcake, musk and jasmine. The notes on paper don't sound all that sultry, but on the skin this is a sexy, sugary sweet fragrance. It has excellent lasting power, I can smell it still 8-9 hours after applying it - though it is a skin scent by that time and almost purely smells of white chocolate. It has good silage for the first few hours and seems to be a pretty inoffensive scent, in fact people of various ages and genders actually approached me to compliment my perfume which to me signifies that the scent is universally appealing. I would recommend this to anyone who was a fan of the original Fantasy but craved less fruit and more sensuality. Perfect for an evening date or a night out dancing. This is definitely one of my favourite scents from the Fantasy line.

Notes: Jasmine, White Chocolate, Orchid, Cupcake, Woody Notes, Orris Root, Musk.

on 4/11/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this perfume!!!!

One me its like a cupcakey,incense & earthy musky scent with hints of white chocolate mixed in...I really like it!

IMO its excellent for fall & winter but can be wearable year round when applied lightly in the warmer months.

I find this one moderate to long lasting on me and sillage is moderate imo.

I love this sweet but mysterious super sexy scent!!!!!!

100% repurchase over & over!!

I'm not a fan of Britney Spears and I haven't smelt the other Fantasy fragrances. My local chemist had this at $10 for a 100ml bottle. I sprayed away, left for the day to see how it wore on me, and went back the next day to purchase.

On me this is a sweet vanilla with strong woody undertones and a little touch of musk. Yes it is a sweet gourmand but the wood stops it from becoming cloying. It's sweeter than fragrances I normally wear, but there's something about it that I really really like. On me it has a very slightly bitter note. I know it's not listed as a note, but it smells as if it has grapefruit peel oil in it, at least on my skin.

Unlike Shelly Mum below, I don't find it to be powdery. Instead on me it's creamy.

Because it's not too strong, I don't find myself getting tired of it. Instead I can't smell it for a while, and then I'll get little wafts of it when I move about. My partner thinks it's pleasant, but a little sweet. I tend to agree. I will use it mainly as a layering agent with mens fragrances, or strong, dry orientals. So far, I have layered it with an arabian musk oil, and the two together were fantastic.

Longevity: Fairly strong at around 6 hours (see note beloiw)
Sillage: soft, maybe 2-3 feet from the body

Note: I have found the trick with a lot of cheaper modern fragrances to making them last is to spray twice.

Moisturise my skin first, spray on the perfume, wait half an hour and then spray again. This way they last most of the day, and a very small spray mid afternoon freshens it right back up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

The NAUGHTY REMIX takes half of the original's key scent notes [the NICE REMIX uses the other half] and plays them up. This edition focuses on the sweet notes [white chocolate and cupcake] and the woody notes. I've found that there is no strong indication between the top and heart notes in the fragrance thanks to the constant presence of the buttery vanilla cupcake and faint powdery floral mix. I was surprised to learn that the starring floral note is jasmine as I usually find it quite a strong floral, whilst the florals here are soft and powdery - I'd have guessed rose.

The chocolate adds a rich undertone to the clean musk and woods [I'm thinking sandalwood] in the perfume's base, which lends a bit of a darker air to the perfume as it dries down. I can't pick up on the orris root - then again since orris root is quite expensive I doubt I've ever really smelt the real thing in perfumes, so wouldn't really know what to look for.

Official scent notes: jasmine petals, white chocolate orchid, sweet cupcake accord, sensual woody notes, orris root and creamy musk.

This is perfect for me as I love the original Fantasy but I suffer from migraines so am finding it harder to wear now, but as this new less-complicated version removes the heavier floral notes I can enjoy the appealing sweet and comforting feel of the fragrance without worrying about painful migraines. I'm now in my 30s, so do think I'm getting a bit old for Fantasy, but I do think this new 'darker' version does seem a bit older, so I generally have felt more confident wearing it in comparison to the original version. So that is worth remembering for those over 25 Fantasy fans.

on 11/8/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I just tried (& promptly bought) Fantasy - The Naughty Remix. Notes listed online are: jasmine petals, white chocolate orchid, sweet cupcake accord, sensual woody notes, orris root and creamy musk. I absolutely love it. It is very powdery, so if that's not your thing, I doubt you would enjoy this scent. The Naughty Remix has great sillage and lasting power. I don't think it smells similar to the original Fantasy (round pink bottle). It reminds me more of Magnetism by Escada. I didn't try the other Fantasy - The Nice Remix but was told it is a "sparkling fruity scent". While The Naughty Remix is more of a powdery oriental vanilla to my nose.

on 11/7/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I bought this at Marshalls for about $17 last week. It was the only bottle left on the clearance shelf. Ninety five percent of my fragrance purchases came from Marshalls/TJ Maxx. This had me trying to figure out what this smell like when I sprayed this on several times at Kohl's. So, I went to my "stash" and pulled out Britney Spears' In Control Curious. ( Not much left in it - longetivity is poor on this one) Bingo! Almost like it in the top notes! The Naughty Remix is softer and I do smell chocolate in this one. I detect no fruit (thank god, my skin amps out the fruit till I get sick) And the dry down is vanilla. This lasts about 4 to 5 hours on me. This is going to be one of my many winter scents..

Popular Fragrances