Maybelline Master Hi-light by Face Studio Blush

image 1image 2image 3

4.4

on 4/2/2016 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have the pink rose blush and have tried using this on and off for the past 6 months. I found it really hard to work with. Swatched on your hand, this is beautiful. The color, the luminosity, but I could never replicate that on my cheeks. The powder is so soft that at the touch of a brush too much product would be used. If I tapped it off, there wasn't enough color and looked more like a highlight and too frosty. If they could make this color in a harder formulation maybe it would work.

A beautiful barely there blush. This product is pigmented, but not so highly that you get that "I just put blush blush on" look. It gives a really gorgeous "just stepped out in the cold" appearance and adds the slightest amount of luminosity to your cheeks. It's perfectly natural, perfectly bare, and perfectly beautiful. I have the shade Pink Rose and it's a great every day shade to swipe on. Another thing I LOVE about this product, you will likely never apply too much. You can build it without it looking cakey.

Great purchase! And yes, it's $13 CND, but I think it's well worth the price.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/24/2015 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Pink rose is a medium rose blush with some pink highlights in it. It blends well on the cheeks. It stays on fairly long. It brings a little luminosity to the cheeks. It looks natural and pretty! Love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I couldn't find the fergie blush glow powder which is still my favorite. I bought this at Walgreens because of all colors and in the #40 is a great color for my olive skin and it is so cute but wished was bigger for the price. Has little shimmer but nothing to cry over because it reflection of light makes it glow.

on 8/29/2015 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this Hi-Light Blush,
the colour is very nice. I have people telling me I look good when i have it on. I tried using a brush and a BB to apply. using a brush it will go on very nicely and the colour shows more. Using a BB apply very well as well. The colour is not as showing as much, but it is very nice for guy wearing makeup, not showing too much on the other hand will give the face some colour back.

overall i am very impress

on 8/8/2015 4:10:00 AM

I used this blush in the lightest, Nude shade and really liked the light flush of color on my face, but I honestly preferred the Master Hi-Light Bronzer that gave me no extra wash of color. I couldn't really tell, but sometimes thoughout the day I feel like colored face products like blushes oxidized on my face so I try to avoid them. I did not have that issue with the Bronzer.

I did love that this blush was buildable. Since it was a combination blusher/highlighter just a swish of product was highlighting and coloring for me, and even just a little bit of contouring if I added one more swipe. This is much more shimmery than the bronzer and also felt much silkier than the bronzer. However, the blusher seems to have much more powdery fallout! So the compact was always messy and I found myself having to tap a tissue to the mirror and inside of the compact to keep the powder from ending up on my dresser or in my drawers.

These are a lot like the NYX Mosaic Powders, which I feel are more pigmented, but the Maybelline ones are definitely silkier and again they are buildable and easy to control. They're not as shimmery as the Wet N Wild Mega Glos I had been using for a long time prior to these. I'm glad they're a happy medium, and affordable too.

on 7/21/2015 1:30:00 PM

There's truly nothing bad about this product. I bought it out of curiosity and ended up loving it!! The pigmentation is on point and although you may shy away because you see a little bit of shimmer when applied to cheeks it comes across as a nice glow. I definitely recommend this.

on 6/13/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not used to blush. As someone who suffers from extremely red cheeks, I have always equated a "flushed" look with not having enough coverage in my foundation. But it's summer, and the corpse look isn't big in the warmer months. So I bought this. I was expecting it to be a little darker, but I'm glad it's not. It's BARELY pink (I have the highlight one) and offers more of a finely milled glow. I use the Sleek highlighter, and sometime my theBalm mary loumanizer (which I'm not a big fan of) and this is actually less glittery than either of those. It gives off more of a silky sheen. I really like it, it blends my highlight and contouring pretty well.

on 5/25/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

This is for the shade #40 Mauve

I use this shade as a highlighter and I love it. The powder itself is so finely milled, creamy and soft I was impressed! I find the shimmer fine and perfect for a soft glow, nothing too over the top.

The blush does kick up in the pan but it's not too bad if you use a different brush then the one that comes in the compact.

I absolutely love the colour of Mauve. It's a gorgeous gilded rose on my skin tone. It's such a lovely unique highlight colour! I never expected to find such a gorgeous highlight shade in the drugstore. I love how I can get a plummy coloured blush for the cheeks if I stroke the palette one way, and then get an all over glowing highlighter by blending all of the colours together.

The powder is pricey for the drugstore at $12.99CDN but the size of the powder is much larger the average blushes at 9g. So it's definitely worth it considering the quality, especially considering how much you get and how much you actually need to use for a daily application.

Love this product! I use it daily and I'd definitely repurchase once I ran out.

If I had bought this in person and seen that those light rectangles are white, I never would have bought this blush in Pink Rose. That frosty white texture on any skin tone makes me want to rip my eye balls out. On the cheeks, this looks really unnatural and over the top. I saw different shades in Target recently and noticed they didn’t have any white in them, so I imagine they’re very pretty. This gives a very highlighted and glowing look so be prepared for that as well. Overall, a really nice, brightening product.

www.AllTheBestBeauty.com