MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance

No Image

3.0

on 4/14/2017 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the first primer I really like. I got a free sample in Pink from their online store with an order and I was blown away at how nice it made my makeup look. Most primers give me either cystic acne or a burning red rash on my t zone but this did neither. Very nice product. I have sensitive combo leaning dry skin, NC15-20.

Hi Beauty Ladies there... I bought Mac Natural Radiance in yellow shade as I'm NC 40 and I'm yellow undertone. Pink undertone women's can go for pink shade. I absolutely love it. It performs what it says. It controls oil atleast for 4 hours and needs touch up after it if u r very oily skin. But for combo skin it works best in controlling oil. It also hydrates skin without making skin greasy looking and skin looks plumped naturally. It really really makes any Mac foundation I tried results in long time wearing without creasing or fading. It has shimmer particles which is noticable but after when u apply foundation it fades, it is good thing as when shimmer is more visible u look like disco ball in sunlight mostly. I prolongs wear time of foundation, foundation sticks well. After using this primer only I came to know the advantage of primer, it hydrates, pomotes easy application of foundation and it sticks well for prolong wear and one most important thing I want to say is, it prevents OXIDATION as it creates a barrier between skin and foundation, so that oil produced by skin will not disturb foundation to oxidise. Primer helps to keep foundation and face fresh as it is applied 5 min before and no colour change n dull looking. Mainly for oily skin and combination skin ladies I surely recommend this primer. It might cost high but it comes for sooo long time since one pump is enough for full face and neck... Grab it beauty ladies!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Emperors new clothes effect. Did nothing but left light pink sparkle sheen on skin, which I hate. As a primer it gave maybe an extra hour of wear time on my foundation. Waste of money, don't bother. You get more priming capabilities from heavy dimethicone moisturizer.

on 1/9/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It is very light and easy to apply and I like the smell and packaging, however I was disappointed with this product because everytime I apply it, I break into a hot flush on my face and land up looking very sweaty. It was also rather pricey. I have combination skin and I have used this product on its own (as a moisturizer) and applied it as a primer before I applied the MAC studio fix powder foundation on top, however I my face still gets flushed and sweaty within minutes.

on 12/17/2016 3:57:00 PM

perfect with Mac prolongwear foundation love it together! i try to use with other clinique foundation ,but not fit :) but when you put this two Mac product is super!

on 12/12/2016 3:44:00 PM

To start,I absolutely love all "yellow" toned primers,bases,etc.I was suggested this product & swatched it on my hand.It had a really nice glow.Decided to go ahead with the purchase.Following day,did routine as usual.Unfortunately,this did not add any smoothness,glow or anything to my look.By end of day,my skin looked oily,not dewy.Normally,I never have to re-powder my face. =(

on 12/3/2016 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this in radiant yellow, this is a yellow toned gel primer that goes on clear and give a slight glow. It makes a smoother canvas for foundation but doesn't do much else. I really find this overpriced an not worth the money because it is a really average product. I have dry skin and this does not give enough moisture, my foundation starts to break up after a few hours. Would not recommend or repurchase!!

on 10/18/2016 2:35:00 PM

I got this product after trying a sample for a few days and I was very pleased with the effects. I was actually surprised that it had so many bad reviews because it definitely prolonged the wear of my foundation (my make up didn't slide off for more than 12 hours and without the primer it would usually be gone after 7 or 8 hours). Moreover, it reduced the oiliness of my skin and gave an actual dewy effect. I'm struggling with acne but the product did not break me out at all. The price is actually very good for the amount of the product and one pump is enough to apply on my whole face. Recommend it

on 9/27/2016 7:09:00 PM

My boyfriend bought this for me as a gift so of course I had to use it! Good guy knows me so well. I collect primers like mad, and I love anything that implies that it could be glowy or luminescent. The packaging is very pretty in the tall black slim pump bottle decorated with tiny green flecks of glitter. I received the yellow shade. He knew this would be right up my alley.

I can't say this makes me "radiant" at all....I don't notice anything done for my redness, nor do I look glowing like the name implies. It's just very moisturizing and soft. I like how it comes out in a thick, gel-like cream. It feels very nice and soothing and even though it's thick, it feels light on the skin. Makes me feel smooth and moisturized. But not radiant. I suppose it diffuses light a little bit and I really can't complain, but is it astounding? Nah....

I like to use this primer when I need a bit more of a punch of moisture to my foundation routine but that's about it. It does feel good but literally does not make my skin look radiant or glowing like I was hoping. Maybe that's my fault for having too high expectations....but if this is the case why not just use a regular moisturizer instead? I don't know. I'll keep using it but I'm not wowed. Again, I got it as a gift, so I was not aware of the price. I'm very familiar with MAC Products and how they usually run so I would have never guessed this was over ~40$ considering the quality. When I pay that price for a primer I expect it to do everything it promises, and then some. :( shrug! I'm not wowed but I don't hate it either so just 3 lippies.

on 8/8/2016 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Since my Mac store was once again out of Strobe cream I had asked the SA at Mac for a primer appropriate for combo skin and she recommended this. I tried it out for a couple of weeks but ultimately had to return it. I didn't find it greasy and it absorbed fine but other than being a light shimmery moisturizer this provided no benefit to my makeup and broke me out horribly. Every time I tried this I woke up the next day broken out in places I usually don't. I have been having some breakouts due to a health issue but this made things worse and my skin cleared significantly after I stopped using it. I much prefer Strobe cream for a luminous moisturizer that works just fine to prime the skin with no break outs. It's also cheaper especially if you order the travel size online. Just wish they could keep it in stock.

Popular Primer/ Correctors