MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous
Retro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out FabulousRetro Matte Lipstick - Flat Out Fabulous

4.6

on 11/2/2017 11:26:00 PM

Flat Out Fabulous is a gorgeous shade of bright purply-pink lipstick from MAC. It has the Retro Matte finish which means that it is extremely matte. The formula of the lipstick is fairly hard, but it still applies on the lips very smoothly. It feels creamy on the lips, and doesn’t dry my lips out. I would recommend using a lip-balm beforehand though (I find Lush’s Honey Trap plays well with MAC lipsticks). It doesn’t bleed or sink into lines - which is great for such a matte shade! I also find this lasts well through eating and drinking and kissing - making it a great one for a fun date night! When it fades, it does seem to fade pretty evenly which is a plus! I believe this would flatter all skin tones. I highly recommend it!

This is a purpley pink which is more pink than purple. It's cool toned and it makes your teeth look white. It's the retro matte formula so that makes it very hard to put on (as opposed to a creamy lipstick) but it also makes it very long-lasting.
It stains your lips and leaves pinkness behind, even on my pigmented lips. You can wear it at night or day with subtle makeup. I'm a sort of light-medium Indian girl with deep brown hair & I wish I could wear this every day. This is my red lip.
I use this lipstick to make an impact.

on 8/7/2016 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh I love this lipstick. If you are not super daring in wearing bold lipsticks(red and vampy shades) but still want a bold color, this is a very great choice.

It just livens up your face whatever your skintone is. You will surely get a lot of compliments everytime you wear this color. The color and texture is super rich. This is retro matte finish so this requires a precise application since it's very pigmented and very matte.

This is a very feminine, flirty and fun shade but makes you look polished still because of the super matte finish. So much love for this lippie!

This lipstick is seriously "flat out fabulous". Flatters many skin tones with a lasting power better than a liquid lipstick. It also doesn't bleed out of your lip lines and is easy to apply. I highly recommend adding this to your collection.

on 11/11/2015 3:37:00 PM

Nothing special this color has been duped by every company and some have done it better. This particular color is too flat and ugly on its just not for me. I went with milani matte orchid its cheaper and brighter not so flat and prettier.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Flat out fabulous is a fun retro matte lipsticks shade which is so 50s! No kidding, if you like those 50-60s bold lipstick colours this might be your gem!

The formula as with all retro mattes is a tat bit dry, you need to exfoliate your lips beforehand and perhaps use a bit of clear balm on top of it if say you love the colour but want to make it that tiny bit creamier.

I tend to use no lip liner with this lipstick, a good lip brush is enough to define those tiny corners of the mouth and the rest you just fill in straight from the bullet.

I don't think MAC has any similar lipsticks like this one (colour or texture-wise) and I am very happy to own it in my collection!

For lip swatches and other cool MAC lipsticks you can check out this blog post here. Hope it helps!

on 10/13/2015 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A bright medium-dark magenta pink lipstick with a matte finish. It's a statement shade but still subtle when compared to other brighter pinks...try it and you'd get what I mean. The matte formula makes it lasts a long time on the lips and when it eventually fades throughout the day it fades evenly, not like one big spot of lipstick missing on the inner parts of your lips.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love, love, love this color!!! The texture is great and it lasts a long time. The name is perfect because it is flat out fabulous.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Flat out Fabulous is a berry, bold retro-matte finish lippie. You can play this color up or down w/various lip liners and/or glosses to your taste. When I prefer to tone the color down, I use a plum lip liner or if I want a vibrant finish, I'll use MAC Magenta lip liner. Would recommend dabbing lips w/balm before application.

Pros: versatile color, stays put most of the day
Cons: will smudge after meals, constant inflating prices, drying

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this pink on my darker skin tones