Charlotte Tilbury Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black

Charlotte Tilbury Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black

3.5

Isododecane, Sythetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polybutene, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pearl Powder (Margarita Powder), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Copernicia Cerifera Cera), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mica (CI 77019) [May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

At first I loved this product. So much so, that I bought it in the brown color, and then a second black one that came in a set with lipstick. Only after I had 3 of them did I realize they were just ok. They aren't smudge proof, and on the inner and outer corners of my eye lid they come off through the day. The cap on the pencils is not secure either.

on 6/12/2017 11:26:00 AM

This is so so so similar to Topshop's waterproof black eyeliner. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the same factory! Very good, pigmented and long lasting but have a look at the topshop one before buying this.

on 11/19/2016 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the most money I've spent on a pencil eyeliner and once I use this pencil up, I won't be re-purchasing.

Pros:
- rich, deep black pigment that's perfect for that smokey eye look.
- applies smoothly and effortlessly without tugging at the skin
- easy to smudge if needed
- fairly budge proof but not waterproof; it does smudge slightly after a long day

Cons:
- needs to be sharpened (one of my pet peeves as I prefer retractable pencils)
- very expensive
- smudges and smears if I wear along the lower waterline (this is the case for most liners and my eye shape)

Overall, a decent liner but not worth the price tag and I prefer liquid liners as they last all day.

on 12/20/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had given up on black eye liner pencils. The only really soft one I ever found was Urban Decay's 24/7, but it did smudge on me, not terribly so, but too much for my liking. Whenever a black pencil of any other brand didn't smudge too badly then they were so hard to apply or the black wasn't really pitch black, Enter Charlotte Tilbury. I wasn't convinced by her powder pencils (I own the Sophia and Audrey and don't love either because they fade and smudge so fast), but both the Rock'n Kohl pencils in Bedroom Black and Barbarella Brown really do deliver. Worth every penny for me, and I will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One lippie off for packaging coz I think I "should" use charlotte's special pencil sharpener that set me back $7USD. Oh well it's worth it to get that laid back rocker chick Kate moss look that's made so chic by charlotte. I am glad that the reviewer below a few posts gave some hints on using this I will deffo try that technique (sounds good!!!!) my eyes are extremely watery & Rheumy so the lived-in look works for me extremely well I keep it in my purse for touch ups & the sharpener I keep my tip quite dull to conserve pencil & also make a thicker messier line the sexy sex kitten look meeeeoooowwww! This stays on very well, wears well, is true black black BLACK! I want to try lining a little black eyeshadow over the top that might just smudge on me thou I'll grab some wnw panther or mac carbon to throw in my bag. I keep travel brushes in my bag. CT is my new fave line!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Favorite black eyeliner of the moment along with the feline flick.

Carbon matte black
smudge/budge proof-seriously no raccoon eyes
lasts all day, with no need to touch up
wish it were alittle cheaper but its worth every penny

on 8/29/2015 2:30:00 AM

I bought this at CT's launch at a big London store. It was a great launch and all the products looked amazing. My mum treated me to a couple of the eyeshadow sticks, which I like, and I bought this.
Honestly it is the worst eyeliner I have ever known for smudging. I may as well just draw it on my face and be done with it. I can't understand how people say it stays all day.

on 1/25/2016 4:20:00 PM

Excellent. If you like a liquid line for the waterline. Cat eye.. this is your pencil. It goes on without a lot of effort. So far, it has not clumped or dried out.

on 2/25/2016 2:17:00 PM

I have several CT pencils and I swear Barbarella brown and Veruschka mink last longer. This is a fab eyeliner pencil if you're after the slightly smudged rock-chick look (CT signature). It glides on almost seamlessly and is really a joy to use, the colour is deep true black (nothing worse than getting a black one that fades to grey or blue). That said, the staying power is not its forte - it does smudge. I usually use a bit of MAC Carbon or other black powder eyeshadow on top to soften the line slightly and that works out well. So I'd reckon this is pretty amazing for smokey eye looks that can withstand a bit of a lived-in look (what an euphemism for smudgy messy liner!) but not if you require a polished black line.

I created an account on here to warn you guys.

This eye pencil gave me an eye infection.
An eye infection, yeah.

I've never bought CT cosmetics before this one, and I will never buy one again. It's an overpriced eye irritant.
This is all being written down as I sit with one eye closed due to the ointment in order to try and repair my eye from the damage that is this eye pencil. Save your money. Buy two eye pencils from a cheaper place and not get an eye infection.