Charlotte Tilbury Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black

Charlotte Tilbury Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black

3.4

Isododecane, Sythetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polybutene, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pearl Powder (Margarita Powder), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Copernicia Cerifera Cera), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mica (CI 77019) [May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 2/25/2016 2:17:00 PM

I have several CT pencils and I swear Barbarella brown and Veruschka mink last longer. This is a fab eyeliner pencil if you're after the slightly smudged rock-chick look (CT signature). It glides on almost seamlessly and is really a joy to use, the colour is deep true black (nothing worse than getting a black one that fades to grey or blue). That said, the staying power is not its forte - it does smudge. I usually use a bit of MAC Carbon or other black powder eyeshadow on top to soften the line slightly and that works out well. So I'd reckon this is pretty amazing for smokey eye looks that can withstand a bit of a lived-in look (what an euphemism for smudgy messy liner!) but not if you require a polished black line.

on 1/25/2016 4:20:00 PM

Excellent. If you like a liquid line for the waterline. Cat eye.. this is your pencil. It goes on without a lot of effort. So far, it has not clumped or dried out.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/29/2015 2:30:00 AM

I bought this at CT's launch at a big London store. It was a great launch and all the products looked amazing. My mum treated me to a couple of the eyeshadow sticks, which I like, and I bought this.
Honestly it is the worst eyeliner I have ever known for smudging. I may as well just draw it on my face and be done with it. I can't understand how people say it stays all day.

on 8/25/2015 8:49:00 PM

Miss tilbury gives a false description of this product in her video tutorials! She says it will not smudge, and it does! I done exactly how she did it in her tutorial, and not even half way through the day I had pander eyes! She also says always make sure to keep your pencil really sharp to get right in the corners and to get your flick perfect....I did just that and within two weeks I was half way through the pencil as the end wears down after doing just half of one eye because it is to soft and squidgy! The only thing I like about this product is the colour! I will not repurchase!

on 2/12/2015 11:00:00 PM

I am not an eye pencil person. I have unsteady hands and it drives me crazy when I can't make a straight thin line. I therefore prefer to apply gel liners like Shiseido's Gel Liner with a great eyeliner brush, like Make Up Forever's 172, because I have a better chance of getting a straight line that way with my unsteady hand. What is great about Charlotte Tilbury's Rock n Kohl liner is that it is so creamy and pigmented that someone as uncoordinated as myself can draw something mimicking a refined straight line. It sets and stays put about in about 30-60 seconds. It will stay that way until you use an oil-based eye makeup remover or wipe to take it off. I cannot speak to how well it stays put on the waterline because I personally don't feel comfortable drawing lines there. I like my lines to be thin and airtight right above my lashes. I feel good when it's a paper thin line with no apparent eyelid space between the line and the lashes.

I have to admit my OCD with precise lines has made me hesitant to fully embrace a pencil, even one as good as this. I can say it is probably one of the best formulated pencils you will find out there.

I hope the Charlotte Tilbury line will come out with a gel liner in a pot or palette for obsessive compulsive people like myself with the same or similar formula to the gel in this pencil liner. There're great colors in the eye pencil but I won't be buying them all because I don't feel confident I can get the same line with pencil application versus pot and liner brush application. If that's not in the cards, maybe Shiseido can finally come out with additional gel liners on top of the black and chocolate brown ones they have already. Shiseido has the best pot formula in my opinion but sometimes I want to line my eyes in fun pop colors other than standard black and brown. Oh I just can't have it all here :(

on 12/4/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is an awesome pencil. It's fast and easy to apply a very even, intense line that comes off looking like a liquid/gel. Very highly pigmented. It doesn't budge or smudge all day. It needs a special sharpener which Charlotte sells for $7 and Nars has the same type but I have no idea about Nars' price. I've used what seems like a million eye liners and this one is the creme de la creme.

on 9/27/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is almost a cut and paste mostly from my other review(s), cause I've had the same experience with all the shades I bought. I first bought this in barbarella Brown and loved it so much I bought all the other shades when they came out. If more shades come out I'll buy them too!

You have some time to work with it, then it sets and doesn't move (even on my waterline). If I'm wearing a cat eye liner where I want super sharp flicks I still use gel or liquid, but for a softer cat eye, or general liner or smoking out I use these.

since I bought these I haven't used my gels on my waterline, and I haven't used any other pencil. for waterline this stays better than Mac feline, powerpoint or ud 24/7.

This is a true black.

on 8/10/2014 7:09:00 AM

I'm looking for a liner that I can use in the waterline. Their marketing seems to claim that this is the ultimate eye liner. However I still end up with smudges in a few hours, even when I don't use it on my waterline. It still smudges after lining on my eyelids.
Pros:
Intense black color and glides easily
Cons:
Smudges after a couple hours, expensive, better no sharpening required
Mac Pearlglide and Marc Jacobs pencils are better

on 1/26/2014 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This pencil glides on skin like there is no tomorrow. This is my first pencil like that. However, in many of the reviews, it was said that the staying power is very strong but it is 50/50 for me. I have a semi oily-semi dry skin, with of course, shiny T zone by the end of the day. I like to use this to draw a feline flick line and inside my lower lid. Well the feline flick line tends to somehow smudge and after 3 hours the line or a inner lower eyelid is gone. I think I will try out Tom Ford after this and if it will do the same, I will return to CT one. It is still a very nice pencil.

I have also had it in brown color which I, as a dark brows owner would use on my eyebrows-just to slightly swipe and then smudge it. Now this is where it stayed all day long! Surely a puzzle.

on 9/30/2013 12:14:00 PM

Sorry, is she copying Kevin Aucoin? Because I wear KA has exactly the same liquid liner...