Charlotte Tilbury Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black

Charlotte Tilbury Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black

3.4

Isododecane, Sythetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polybutene, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pearl Powder (Margarita Powder), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Copernicia Cerifera Cera), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mica (CI 77019) [May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 12/20/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had given up on black eye liner pencils. The only really soft one I ever found was Urban Decay's 24/7, but it did smudge on me, not terribly so, but too much for my liking. Whenever a black pencil of any other brand didn't smudge too badly then they were so hard to apply or the black wasn't really pitch black, Enter Charlotte Tilbury. I wasn't convinced by her powder pencils (I own the Sophia and Audrey and don't love either because they fade and smudge so fast), but both the Rock'n Kohl pencils in Bedroom Black and Barbarella Brown really do deliver. Worth every penny for me, and I will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Favorite black eyeliner of the moment along with the feline flick.

Carbon matte black
smudge/budge proof-seriously no raccoon eyes
lasts all day, with no need to touch up
wish it were alittle cheaper but its worth every penny

on 11/19/2016 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the most money I've spent on a pencil eyeliner and once I use this pencil up, I won't be re-purchasing.

Pros:
- rich, deep black pigment that's perfect for that smokey eye look.
- applies smoothly and effortlessly without tugging at the skin
- easy to smudge if needed
- fairly budge proof but not waterproof; it does smudge slightly after a long day

Cons:
- needs to be sharpened (one of my pet peeves as I prefer retractable pencils)
- very expensive
- smudges and smears if I wear along the lower waterline (this is the case for most liners and my eye shape)

Overall, a decent liner but not worth the price tag and I prefer liquid liners as they last all day.

I created an account on here to warn you guys.

This eye pencil gave me an eye infection.
An eye infection, yeah.

I've never bought CT cosmetics before this one, and I will never buy one again. It's an overpriced eye irritant.
This is all being written down as I sit with one eye closed due to the ointment in order to try and repair my eye from the damage that is this eye pencil. Save your money. Buy two eye pencils from a cheaper place and not get an eye infection.

on 2/25/2016 2:17:00 PM

I have several CT pencils and I swear Barbarella brown and Veruschka mink last longer. This is a fab eyeliner pencil if you're after the slightly smudged rock-chick look (CT signature). It glides on almost seamlessly and is really a joy to use, the colour is deep true black (nothing worse than getting a black one that fades to grey or blue). That said, the staying power is not its forte - it does smudge. I usually use a bit of MAC Carbon or other black powder eyeshadow on top to soften the line slightly and that works out well. So I'd reckon this is pretty amazing for smokey eye looks that can withstand a bit of a lived-in look (what an euphemism for smudgy messy liner!) but not if you require a polished black line.

on 1/25/2016 4:20:00 PM

Excellent. If you like a liquid line for the waterline. Cat eye.. this is your pencil. It goes on without a lot of effort. So far, it has not clumped or dried out.

on 8/29/2015 2:30:00 AM

I bought this at CT's launch at a big London store. It was a great launch and all the products looked amazing. My mum treated me to a couple of the eyeshadow sticks, which I like, and I bought this.
Honestly it is the worst eyeliner I have ever known for smudging. I may as well just draw it on my face and be done with it. I can't understand how people say it stays all day.

on 8/25/2015 8:49:00 PM

Miss tilbury gives a false description of this product in her video tutorials! She says it will not smudge, and it does! I done exactly how she did it in her tutorial, and not even half way through the day I had pander eyes! She also says always make sure to keep your pencil really sharp to get right in the corners and to get your flick perfect....I did just that and within two weeks I was half way through the pencil as the end wears down after doing just half of one eye because it is to soft and squidgy! The only thing I like about this product is the colour! I will not repurchase!

on 2/12/2015 11:00:00 PM

I am not an eye pencil person. I have unsteady hands and it drives me crazy when I can't make a straight thin line. I therefore prefer to apply gel liners like Shiseido's Gel Liner with a great eyeliner brush, like Make Up Forever's 172, because I have a better chance of getting a straight line that way with my unsteady hand. What is great about Charlotte Tilbury's Rock n Kohl liner is that it is so creamy and pigmented that someone as uncoordinated as myself can draw something mimicking a refined straight line. It sets and stays put about in about 30-60 seconds. It will stay that way until you use an oil-based eye makeup remover or wipe to take it off. I cannot speak to how well it stays put on the waterline because I personally don't feel comfortable drawing lines there. I like my lines to be thin and airtight right above my lashes. I feel good when it's a paper thin line with no apparent eyelid space between the line and the lashes.

I have to admit my OCD with precise lines has made me hesitant to fully embrace a pencil, even one as good as this. I can say it is probably one of the best formulated pencils you will find out there.

I hope the Charlotte Tilbury line will come out with a gel liner in a pot or palette for obsessive compulsive people like myself with the same or similar formula to the gel in this pencil liner. There're great colors in the eye pencil but I won't be buying them all because I don't feel confident I can get the same line with pencil application versus pot and liner brush application. If that's not in the cards, maybe Shiseido can finally come out with additional gel liners on top of the black and chocolate brown ones they have already. Shiseido has the best pot formula in my opinion but sometimes I want to line my eyes in fun pop colors other than standard black and brown. Oh I just can't have it all here :(

on 12/4/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is an awesome pencil. It's fast and easy to apply a very even, intense line that comes off looking like a liquid/gel. Very highly pigmented. It doesn't budge or smudge all day. It needs a special sharpener which Charlotte sells for $7 and Nars has the same type but I have no idea about Nars' price. I've used what seems like a million eye liners and this one is the creme de la creme.